Roller of blanks

Trying to find a decent rebel list in 2.0

HWK-290 Light Freighter - Kyle Katarn - 52
    •Kyle Katarn - Relentless Operative (38)
        Jyn Erso (2)
        Moldy Crow (12)

BTL-A4 Y-wing - Norra Wexley - 56
    •Norra Wexley - Gold Nine (43)
        Ion Cannon Turret (6)
        R4 Astromech (2)
        Proton Bombs (5)

Z-95-AF4 Headhunter - Lieutenant Blount - 30
    •Lieutenant Blount - Team Player (30)
        Expert Handling (2)

T-65 X-wing - Wedge Antilles - 60
    •Wedge Antilles - Red Two (52)
        Predator (2)
        R2 Astromech (6)
        Servomotor S-foils (Open) (0)

Total: 198/200

View in the X-Wing Squad Builder

This is what I came up with, but I'm just not as excited about it as I am for guri or a phantom. Any Ideas for a fun, but decently competitive rebel list?

Seems like a versatile list.  I have to recommend Luke over Wedge though, that guy is a monster.  You could scale back to a cheaper Y-Wing and maybe ditch Expert Handling on Blount to squeeze him in.

I have been playing lots of Scum, but I'm getting more interested in trying Empire and Rebels.

For Rebels I want to try 2 Y-Wings with ICTs and Protons, and 2 A-Wings with missiles and talents.  I haven't sorted out the specifics, but I think everything being at least I3 is a good call to deliver my ordnance before I2 Bombers can wreck my Y-Wings.

Edited by Burius1981

I genuinely think the only really reliably competitive rebel ships are X-wings, hwks, and Sabine Attack shuttle (seriously, she's incredibly cheap for how good she is) atm

This may simply be due to playstyle, of course, but it is the only perspective I can offer

Therefore! Lists:

Biggs Blob

(200)

Wedge Antilles — X-Wing 52
Proton Torpedoes 9
Servomotor S-Foils 0
Ship Total: 61

AP-5 — Sheathipede-Class Shuttle 30
Ship Total: 30

Biggs Darklighter — X-Wing 48
Servomotor S-Foils 0
Ship Total: 48

Kyle Katarn — HWK-290 38
Trick Shot 1
Perceptive Copilot 10
Moldy Crow 12

ap-5 exists exclusively to give Wedge a focus, generally. I'm sure you could be more creative with him later in the game, but he's generally pretty shite and there to bad the list.

Wedge gets a focus + TL to proton torp some fools.

Biggs is Biggs, kyle can get him another focus for defense.

Moldy Crow (any pilot) is surprisingly powerful in straight up combat. Kyle can both support AND be a mid/late game threat. He is very good.

Mobile Squad

aka "learn to Servomotors"

Seriously, Servomotors are what make the X-wing what it is. Learning how and when to use them is absolutely vital!

(199)

Predator 2
Servomotor S-Foils 0
Ship Total: 54

Thane Kyrell — X-Wing 48
Servomotor S-Foils 0
Ship Total: 48

Kullbee Sperado — X-Wing 48
Predator 2
Servomotor S-Foils 0
Ship Total: 50

Garven Dreis (X-Wing) — X-Wing 47
Servomotor S-Foils 0
Ship Total: 47

This list makes things easier by giving you X-wings that care as little as possible about closed Servomotors (Kullbe just straight ignores the drawback, Thane can reliably trigger his ability on two-dice, wedge compensates with his ability, Garven can link action into a focus for his ability)

Bump Fiesta

(199)

Luke Skywalker — X-Wing 62
Sense 6
Servomotor S-Foils 0
Ship Total: 68

Arvel Crynyd — A-Wing 36
Intimidation 3
Ship Total: 39

Sabine Wren — Attack Shuttle 38
Ship Total: 38

Predator 2
Servomotor S-Foils 0
Ship Total: 54

Sense where your opponent is going, bump him and light him up. Every ship can boost, therefore every ship can bump really well

Feeling Brave?

this is probably more jank than any good...but come on, tell me you DON'T want to fly this monster:

(195)

Kyle Katarn — HWK-290 38
Trick Shot 1
Perceptive Copilot 10
Moldy Crow 12

Han Solo — YT-1300 92
Trick Shot 1
Bistan 14
R2-D2 (Crew) 8
Lando Calrissian 5
Shield Upgrade 4
Millennium Falcon 6
Rigged Cargo Chute 4
Ship Total: 134
Edited by ficklegreendice

I won a (6 person) tournament this past weekend with a Luke and A-Wings list.  I was gonna do Corran plus A-Wings, but Luke is just so much better for same price.  This has been slightly modified from what I ran Saturday, less missiles in order to fit Outmanuever on Jake.

RZ-1 A-wing - Green Squadron Pilot - 39
    Green Squadron Pilot - (34)
        Predator (2)
        Homing Missiles (3)

T-65 X-wing - Luke Skywalker - 76
    •Luke Skywalker - Red Five (62)
        R2-D2 (8)
        Sense (6)
        Servomotor S-foils (Open) (0)

RZ-1 A-wing - Jake Farrell - 46
    •Jake Farrell - Sage Instructor (40)
        Outmaneuver (6)

RZ-1 A-wing - Arvel Crynyd - 39
    •Arvel Crynyd - Green Leader (36)
        Intimidation (3)

Total: 200/200

View in the X-Wing Squad Builder

I killed Guri, 3 different Brobots, Nym, and shot up Han over the course of three games.

On 9/21/2018 at 3:21 PM, ficklegreendice said:

Seriously, Servomotors are what make the X-wing what it is. Learning how and when to use them is absolutely vital!

I’d really love to hear more about this. What is the key to servomotors? I haven’t played X wing since May. I feel pretty lost these days. 

Pre engagement repositioning mainly, plus the occasional low Initiative surprise block

In more practical terms, it's a question of realizing that you aren't obligated to mindlessly joust opponents. Boost is incredible for snaking around obstacles and leaving less manueverable  enemies in the dust 

If, for example, you're staring down a wall of proton bomb Bombers you dont have to kturn into all their bombs

You can, instead, close foils and GTFO with a boost

It's also just dandy at higher initiative for bogstandard arcdodging 

Some pilots, namely kullbee/wedge/Thane, either completely ignore or really don't mind losing a red die (wedge balances it with -1 agility, Thane doesn't even need to care about enemy green dice) if it means getting to shoot or not getting shot 

Edited by ficklegreendice

Another tweeked list, putting my ye olde Moldy Crow which has fast become one of my absolute favorite ships 

Boost Buddies

(52) Wedge Antilles
(0) Servomotor S-foils
(2) Predator
Points 54

(48) Thane Kyrell
(0) Servomotor S-foils
Points 48

(38) Kyle Katarn
(10) Perceptive Copilot
(12) Moldy Crow
Points 60

(38) Sabine Wren
Points 38

Total points: 200

Hey Ficklegreendice, I really respect your opinion... Do you have any Ideas for a B-Wing List?

I put together a list that I thought really helped the B-Wing shed Stress.

Can you let me know what you think?

3 - (132) B-Wing (Blade Squadron Veteran)

1 - (47) U-Wing (Cassian Andor)

- (2) Tactical Officer

- (3) FCS

- (14) Kanan Jarrus

- (0) Pivot Wing

Total Points: 198

My thoughts was that the 3 B-Wings would fly in formation and Cassian would trail behind/beside and you can continually shed 2 Stress Tokens and from the B-Wings as well as Coordinate them for Token Stacking.

I would appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks!

This is what I played with great success yesterday. Cassian and Magva advance sensors for focus + evade before moving. The last U wing is there to obstruct attacks om the 2 others. Giving them extra actions with coordinate for target locks. Easy to get 4dice attacks backed up with TL, focus and Juke. 

200 points:

Magva Yarro (80/200)

-advanced sensors

-perceptive copilot

-R2-D2

-pivot wing

-juke

Cassian Andor (71/200)

-advanced sensors

-perceptive copilot

-Jyn Erso

-pivot wing

-juke

Partisan Renegade (49/200)

-"chopper"

-Tactical Officer

-tactical Scrambler

-pivot wing

Cassian and Kanan are a effective combination but why would you want to distress B-wings. You could drop Kanan and take Ten and Braylen instead who thrive on stress, in which case taking Magva might be a better U-wing option. 

Alternatively if you still wanted to use the Cassian and Kanan combo maybe run them with 3 A-Wings, they would really do well with having the stress removed each round. 

Edited by Tyhar7

38 minutes ago, Tyhar7 said:

Cassian and Kanan are a effective combination but why would you want to distress B-wings. You could drop Kanan and take Ten and Braylen instead who thrive on stress, in which case taking Magva might be a better U-wing option. 

Alternatively if you still wanted to use the Cassian and Kanan combo maybe run them with 3 A-Wings, they would really do well with having the stress removed each round. 

Thanks Tyhar7.

Its not that I want to Stress my B-Wings, it's that their Dials innately Stress them out.

I do like Ten Numb because he sheds his stress with his ability, but Braylen does not shed his stress.

I wanted 3 B-Wings so there are more 3-Die Attacks pointing at the opponent. I also like how they are all the same Initiative for flying in formation. 

I wanted to be able to make the B-Wings more versatile and agile which means I will need to be able to clear stress more easily after a 1-Hard Turn, 1-Talon Roll or a 2 K-Turn. The only blue on the dial is the 1-Banks, and the 1, 2 and 3 Forward.

I think a B-wing that can make a 1-Hard Turn right after another, or a 1-Hard Turn right after a K-Turn or 1-Talon Roll is scary. Plus, it will be easier to keep them in formation.

Thats my reasoning.

Thanks for your input! 

I’d be really interested to see what the top performing rebel lists are in your area? 

Whats their biggest weaknesses? 

How do you fly them? Etc?

im a casual player and mostly play with my family but on occasion I get out to the flgs and would like to have some idea what’s working. :)

Here are a few of the Rebel lists I really liked so far...

- Benthic Two Tubes (Perceptive Copilot, Jyn Erso, Pivot Wing)
- Edrio Two Tubes (Servomotor S-Foils)
- Green Squadron Pilot (Trick Shot)
- Kyle Katarn (Trick Shot, Perceptive Copilot, Moldy Crow)
200 points

- Arvel Crynyd (Marksmanship)
- Chewbacca (Trick Shot, Magva Yarro, Agile Gunner, Millenium Falcon)
- Thane Kyrell (Predator, R5 Astromech, Servomotor S-Foils)
200 points

- Han Solo (Trick Shot, Chewbacca, R2-D2, Agile Gunner, Engine Upgrade, Millenium Falcon)
- Wedge (Predator, R5-D8, Afterburners, Servomotor S-Foils)
200 points

- Luke (Heightened Perception, R2-D2, Servomotor S-Foils)
- Leebo (C-3PO, Agile Gunner, Shield Upgrade)
199 points

- Luke (Heightened Perception, Servomotor S-Foils)
- Arvel Crynyd (Intimidation)
- Blade Squadron Veteran (Heavy Laser Cannon)
- Blade Squadron Veteran (Heavy Laser Cannon)
200 points

I am currently playing around with 2 lists, one extended and one second edition:

Extended List: Bub

Benthic (Pivot Wing, AdSen, PerCo, Cassian)

Braylen (Swarm Tactics, CollDet, SU)

Ten (Elusive, AdSen, SU)

Cassian helps Benthic keep his arc on target, especially when he stops. He AdSens for his focus and passes to Bray. Bray either TLs or, if he needs to, pulls a red, still getting rerolls. Ten AdSens for a TL and pulls a red every time if possible. This list is really nice both for extensive dice mods and for feeling okay with bumping and grinding around.

2nd Edition List: Full Mods

Benthic (Pivot Wing, AdSen, PerCo)

Garven (S-Foils, ProTorps, Swarm Tactics)

Dutch (Expert Handling, ProTorps, ProBombs, R4 Astro, ICT, VetTurGun)

Benthic moves/focuses, passing to Garven. Garven moves and TLs. Dutch moves, TLs, gives TL to Benny. Garven torps, hopefully passes focus to Dutch, who torps, then Ben takes a fully modified I4 shot. As the game proceeds that can be repeated once, but they can all still get nice double mods, bombs can cover their @$$€$, etc etv

Here's something I was thinking about:

• Luke Skywalker (Supernatural Reflexes, R2-D2, S-Foils) 82 - mostly for the thematic reasons, not super easy to kill.
  • Jan Ors (Debris Gambit, Nien Nunb, Engine Upgrade, Moldy Crow) 64 - perhaps overloaded, but holding things down for the old EU.  The list probably should have more ships, but since it doesn't, getting an extra red die seems good.
  • Thane Kyrell (Crack Shot, R5 Astromech, S-Foils) 54 - representing the new era of fiction, and his ability to expose crits is nasty.
    • Total 200... again, this could no doubt be better.  However, I kinda like that it's two eras of expanded universe fiction, plus the main character of the OT.

It occurs to me that, stripped down to bare essentials, I could replace Luke with Wedge and Sabine or Arvel Crynyd.

• Jan Ors (Moldy Crow) 54
  • Thane Kyrell (48)
  • Wedge Antilles (52)
  • Sabine Wren (38)
  • Total 192, so 8 points to play with.
    • I figure maybe Debris Gambit or Composure on Sabine.  Composure just occurred to me, and it seems interesting.  Intentionally fail a boost or barrel roll for a focus, then move and Evade... I know Debris Gambit can do something similar near asteroids, and any Sabine can simply barrel roll into a linked evade with Blue moves, but this opens up the White moves, and can also get you a focus before a K-Turn.
    • Crack Shot on Thane, and that or Predator Wedge.  Cheap stuff.  I think I'd rather have Predator than R4 Astromech...
    • Jyn Erso would be interesting on Jan Ors (roll in Focus/Focus/Evade), and I kind think I'd rather have Trick Shot with her turret than Crack Shot.
  • Arvel Crynyd with Intimidation (39) could probably also replace Sabine.

I personally think that the best Rebel lists are essentially HWK + Brawler (+ 1-2 cheap ships). The Brawler should probably be Luke or Leebo, but Wedge, Lando and Dash are also not bad. For the HWK you want Kyle Katarn if you are playing a big ship (especially if you need more actions), Jan Ors if you take cheaper ships and Roark with Leebo. From an efficiency standpoint Sabine is the best ship, but X-Wings are pretty good if you have points that you don't want to spend on other things.