Brother Fett

1.0 upgrades you hope will find their way to 2.0

On Friday, September 21, 2018 at 5:36 AM, thespaceinvader said:

Snapshot as a bullseye r1-2 or even r1-3 would be great.

Or better, r0-2.  I really want to see r0 weapons generally, they sound really interesting.

Snap Shot: Range 0-1, Bullseye arc only, May use focus to modify the attack.

On 9/21/2018 at 6:10 AM, JJ48 said:

A lot of people are saying, "Flight-Assist Astromech", but it's not really needed for X-Wings, as they now have Barrel Roll and Boost (through closing their S-Foils), unless it still gave them as free actions, which would simply be too much in Second Edition.  Y-Wing and Arc already have a Barrel Roll (albeit Red), while the E-Wing already has White Barrel Roll and Boost.  If it just added the actions, only Sheathipede would fully utilize it, while Y-Wing and Arc could benefit a little if it also made the actions White.

I'm not saying it couldn't or shouldn't be added, but I'm just curious what people think its role will be in Second Edition.

Honestly another option to make red barrel rolls white wouldn't be horrible? Allow you to keep the talent slot open for something else if you want. It wouldn't be the most interesting of upgrades, but I wouldn't mind the option for my ARCs :D

24 minutes ago, AngryAlbatross said:

Push the Limit , but you can only PTL off a linked action before the stress hits.  So you end the turn with an extra action but you take 2 stress.

I don't see that happening, if they tried to bring it back in any form at all. Any ship with linked actions being able to do three actions in one turn really seems to go against what they've been trying to do.

Limiting everything has been a really good strategy for them for 2.0, so far. That's been key in my enjoyment of it.

I've got to agree that snap shot would be cool to see again. Targeting computer would also be nice, but I worry that it might cramp design space when considering cards like tarkin. Cruise missiles would also be cool, but they'd probably need to cost them at 9pts or raise the price of the generic inquisitor.

All these suggestions of cards that provide free mods like k4 or autothrusters - no way, if we get those we may as well still be playing 1.0

5 hours ago, AngryAlbatross said:

Push the Limit , but you can only PTL off a linked action before the stress hits.  So you end the turn with an extra action but you take 2 stress.

Wasn't that kind of the point of linked actions to begin with?  You can take a second action, but you're rather restricted in what that action can be so that the craziest combinations are (hopefully) not an issue.

17 hours ago, AngryAlbatross said:

Also, Cruise Missiles. 

Actually, hells yes. TIE Defenders would like these. Ryad in particular, TL on approach, followed by 5k and focus, followed by BOOM.

I only have 2pt spare in my Defender list, so let's make them 2pt! :D

1 hour ago, Cuz05 said:

Actually, hells yes. TIE Defenders would like these. Ryad in particular, TL on approach, followed by 5k and focus, followed by BOOM.

I only have 2pt spare in my Defender list, so let's make them 2pt! :D

...while I don’t know how they’d avoid the wording there I feel like doing it on a k-turn is really anti-thematic...

11 minutes ago, SpiderMana said:

...while I don’t know how they’d avoid the wording there I feel like doing it on a k-turn is really anti-thematic...

I know exactly what you mean. Imagine it's like an Olympic hammer throw, the centrifugal force from a REALLY fast spin acting as a sling shot. And just ignore space physics :D

I would like to see the return of various ship specific Titles, Modifications, etc (probably all altered to varying degrees and mostly implemented as Configurations now). I know a lot of these used to be fixes and I love built in ship abilities we have now but I'm actually starting to miss the variety of ways you can customize specific ships (Bomber carrying crew, the two different Tie Defender Configs, Heavy vs. Light Scyk, etc. 

Flechette Torpedoes. 2-3 charges, 3 dice, cheap. It's annoying that there are only three torpedoes given the wealth options available in the missile slot.

Arc Caster. Silly and mostly useless but a fun card.

Cool Hand. Single charge for the same effect, maybe spend a focus in the end phase to recharge? Unfortunately it's a Talent so Cool Hand Luke can't happen.

Minefield Mapper. Would give sensor slot bombers an option that's not Trajectory Simulator, and would be much easier to word now that mines and bombs are separate and charges exist.

Thermal Detonators. Hopefully a different, more interesting effect. They're an iconic Star Wars weapon and they were in the game before.

Mara Jade. Regardless of what she actually does, just acknowledging her would be nice. Lots of faction options too; could make her Imperial, Imperial/Scum, Scum/squad with Luke Skywalker, or just factionless.

Snap Shot. Fun, thematic, and not overpowered unless coupled with control options, of which there are way fewer now. I agree it should be Bullseye only and would not be opposed to increasing the range to compensate.

2 hours ago, DarthHenryAllen said:

Bomber carrying crew. 

Oh dang it! This most of all. The only Empire crew carriers I have now are... Phantoms.

First Order upstarts stole the other one.

Yes, I know I need a cow.

Edited by Cuz05
Because multiple.

On 9/21/2018 at 2:17 AM, JJ48 said:

I'd like Anti-Pursuit Lasers, but maybe make them so they let you target ships at range 0 out of rear arcs.

I love the fact that the Lambda Shuttle can now just fire out the back, but I like this idea as a fun little upgrade.

On 9/25/2018 at 9:04 AM, AdmiralKirk said:

Mara Jade. Regardless of what she actually does, just acknowledging her would be nice. Lots of faction options too; could make her Imperial, Imperial/Scum, Scum/squad with Luke Skywalker, or just factionless.

If we ever got the Luxury Yacht, I think she'd be a good fit there. Not just because she used to have the Jade's Fire, but because it would already be a good cross-faction ship itself, with the Fortune and Glory being Scum and the Lady Luck being Rebel and/or Resistance. You could easily put her in there as a Scum card that can go elsewhere if Luke is around.

Tracer missiles : I like the idea of an option (that is not, like Targeting Synchronier, limited to 1/3 of the game's factions) to help the low PS ships using ordnance.
I think the original 1.0 effect is too strong for 2.0, so it could be something like "if the attack hits, friendly ships at 1-2 can spend a focus token to get a TL on the defender".

Weapons Engineer. I so badly want that on Latts Razzi, add Qira on top with small base teammates and you got yourself an insanely flexible janky pair of target locks. Target lock an Asteroid? That's now free space to maneuver into. Target lock an enemy? Tractor them and toss em onto rocks/firing arcs and drop their defense. Target lock an ally? Tractor them and toss them outside of enemy firing arcs (and/or off a rock). Or just use one of them for attack rerolls, or maybe a Missile. Latts could do that now, but Weapons Engineer makes her a lot more efficient since you get to do 2 of those things (only 1 Tractor effect though) in one turn.

1.0 K4 would also be absolutely amazing in the 3rd Crew slot, but 1.0 K4 shouldn't exist in 2.0, so I'd happily just take Weapons Engineer.

Edited by Enigami

Pattern Analyzer

Kyle Katarn crew, even if he just gives you a Force token instead of a focus token. Like, "after setup, exhaust your (non-regenerating) force token. After you fully execute a green maneuver, you may recover 1 force token."

I'd like to see Intensity make a return, as it was an interesting ability that made for difficult gameplay decisions. Focus only is fine by me though.

Other than that I don't really miss anything. We do need more cheap mods, but not Autothrusters og Targeting Computer as they used to be. Maybe a TC giving a free Calculate if in bullseye at R1? Something cheap, with an opportunity cost, that'd be nice for Interceptors and Kihraxzs.

On 9/21/2018 at 3:11 AM, EYEL1NER said:

TLT, and I'm not even trying to make a joke or be funny. Obviously it wouldn't pop back up in its original incarnation; they've nerfed so many other upgrades already during the transition from 1.0 to 2.0 that they'd be able to do something with this card. We need more turrets too. Getting rid of TLT was supposed to open up the turret spot and instead Ion Cannon Turret is the only one that is going to get used?

Hrm.  For a 2e Twin Laser Turret, I'd say range 2-3, double-arc, 3 dice, "If this attack hits, spend one [hit] or [crit] result to deal one matching damage, and cancel all other results."  I'd probably still have it cost 10-12 points.  Maybe cheaper if you added an "Attack: [Lock]" restriction to it.

With Ion Cannon Turret, I think it's just the low cost difference between that and Dorsal.  4 vs 6 points is just such a small difference, so you might as well get the extra attack die, since it's not super likely for Dorsal to do more than 1 damage anyhow.

Another cool concept for some kind of (otherwise dull) turret: it could have a Rotate action which linked into a Lock action.  It wouldn't combo with Luke or Agile Gunner, since those are "rotate your arc" rather than performing rotate actions.

//

I'm somewhat interested in a version of nerfed Expertise.  Something like "When performing a Primary weapon attack, if the target is in your [bullseye] firing arc and you are not stressed, you may change up to 2 of your [focus] results to [hit]."  Could that work at like 4 points?  Double the potential effect of Predator, but with the same arc restrictions and a stress test on top of that (so you can't use red actions to line up the bullseye).  Maybe it ought to be "change 1 focus result to a hit" result, like Predator is only ever rerolling 1 die.  Mostly, I just think there should be the choice between focus-type and reroll-type modification from Talent upgrades.  With only one type of modification available from Talents, that'll strongly favor ships which combine well with that kind of dice modification.  Predator combines naturally with focus > red reposition action.  While plain action efficiency cards are kinda dull, I don't want some classes of ship to just be left behind because they don't match up.

//

Personally, I have no interest in K4 Security Droid, Flight Assist Astromech, or any of the other plain action efficiency cards.  Those kinds of upgrades were the reason we needed a 2e in the first place.  I'd much rather see something like Snap Shot come back, because that's not just plain action efficiency.  It adds something actually new to the game, rather than just making dice rolls better.

42 minutes ago, Okapi said:

I'd like to see Intensity make a return, as it was an interesting ability that made for difficult gameplay decisions. Focus only is fine by me though.

2e Intensity concept: 2 charges.  Setup: Remove 2 charges.  After you perform a Boost Action or Barrel Roll Action, you may spend 2 charges to perform a Focus Action.  In the end phase, you may spend 1 focus token to gain 1 charge.

It'd take a lot more set-up, and it'd be an actual action, so it wouldn't combine with red boost/barrel rolls, linked focus actions, or Advanced Sensors.  However, having that burst action economy is still an interesting effect.  1e Intensity was perhaps a bit too easy to keep going, particularly on Poe.  While Intensity is more of an action-time-machine than true action economy, it has an action economy effect, since you don't always need actions on all turns.

5 minutes ago, theBitterFig said:

I'm somewhat interested in a version of nerfed Expertise.  Something like "When performing a Primary weapon attack, if the target is in your [bullseye] firing arc and you are not stressed, you may change up to 2 of your [focus] results to [hit]."  Could that work at like 4 points?  Double the potential effect of Predator, but with the same arc restrictions and a stress test on top of that (so you can't use red actions to line up the bullseye).  Maybe it ought to be "change 1 focus result to a hit" result, like Predator is only ever rerolling 1 die.  Mostly, I just think there should be the choice between focus-type and reroll-type modification from Talent upgrades.  With only one type of modification available from Talents, that'll strongly favor ships which combine well with that kind of dice modification.  Predator combines naturally with focus > red reposition action.  While plain action efficiency cards are kinda dull, I don't want some classes of ship to just be left behind because they don't match up.

This is a really good idea, I like it a lot.

I know exactly what you mean about Predator lending itself to certain ships and playstyles, but I would point out that focus (or the very similar calculate) is the only action available to absolutely everyone, so everyone can make use of Predator, in theory. But yeah, I totally agree a focus version would be good for ships that really want to target lock or otherwise have re-roll taken care of.

I think the no stress requirement would be super important in this case, otherwise you end with the same broken action economy Expertise gave in 1e. A dice change should always be harder to trigger than a re-roll. 

So I like the idea of 3 points and no stress to change 1 eye to a hit if they're in your bullseye. Gives pilots like Shara a really good option that's appropriately limited.