Brother Fett

1.0 upgrades you hope will find their way to 2.0

1 minute ago, JJ48 said:

First Edition Autoblaster seems a bit much to me, even without Accuracy Corrector.  Maybe say ONE of your hit results can't be canceled by defense dice?

Yeah, I was kinda vague and only said 'appropriately balanced', but I'd definitely expect some changes to how it works.

Tbh, it might not happen. It's hard to make a potent range 1 attack that's better than a three dice primary and isn't overpowered. I'm going mostly for theme and to try and give turrets and cannons some badly needed options. 

You could limit them to only being modified by focus tokens, or requiring a focus to shoot. Only one of your hits not being cancelled seems a bit weak to me, vs a four dice attack from a primary, but I guess if it was cheap enough...

11 minutes ago, GuacCousteau said:

R2-F2, R5-K6, R5-P9. I miss the unique astromechs. Most of them weren't great, but I liked that they tried to offer synergies with their associated pilots. I'd love to see them back with rebalanced abilities that mean they actually compete with the generic astros. I'd also like to get either R2-A3 (not to be confused with Stressbot) or R5-G8 finally in the game as Wedge's astro. 

I think we'll see more Astromechs released with the Resistance and Republic releases, which hopefully won't be faction-locked (though I suspect they will be, and I imagine R2-D2 will become "Rebel or Republic with Anakin Skywalker")

5 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

First Edition Autoblaster seems a bit much to me, even without Accuracy Corrector.  Maybe say ONE of your hit results can't be canceled by defense dice?

Alternatively, make it so you can only spend Focus/Calculate to modify Autoblaster shots. Or you limit the range/arc. There are a few things you can do to make it viable but not broken.

9 minutes ago, Stryker359 said:

Alternatively, make it so you can only spend Focus/Calculate to modify Autoblaster shots. Or you limit the range/arc. There are a few things you can do to make it viable but not broken.

Wouldn't that just make it even more likely to get more hits, while still making it impossible to cancel them?

The issue I have towards Autoblasters is that it removes too much of the gameplay from the defender.  For heavy stuff with only 1 Agility, sure, you're not losing much.  However, for stuff like TIEs or A-Wings, you're almost completely dependent on green dice and fancy flying to stay alive.  It's one thing to be taken out in one turn because your opponent got a lucky roll while you got an unlucky roll.  It's quite another thing to remove gameplay from the defender altogether.

Snapshot. They could make it still cost 2 points, fire in the System phase and assign a Disarm token to its ship.

Minelayer thingy. 

Flechette cannon and/or Mangler cannon. 

A missile with 4 attack dice? Perhaps a missile that rolls 3 attack dice +1 additional if your Primary attack is 3?

Unhinged Astromech.

Intensity. We still need more options for high-end EPT's

Adrenaline Rush.

1 hour ago, thespaceinvader said:

Snapshot as a bullseye r1-2 or even r1-3 would be great.

Or better, r0-2.  I really want to see r0 weapons generally, they sound really interesting.

This!

And K2-SO

Edited by drail14me

Autothrusters: it needs a name change but something to let an agility 3 ship modify a blank result on defence

Cluster mines: just so we can use our acrylic versions(at least the corrected one)

Targeting Computer: Interceptor need something to fill those slots

1 hour ago, Darth evil said:

Autothrusters: it needs a name change but something to let an agility 3 ship modify a blank result on defence

No, it's just not needed anymore. And should not come back.

Let's not bring back all the power creep that second edition tried to remove from the game.

Call me missing double mods, but what about Expertise?

You could make it "Bullseye Only," have it come with 2 nonrecurring charges, and make it so you spend 1 charge to change all <focus> to <hits>. Make it cost 6 to 8 points or something. 

Or, come with 3 nonrecurring charges, and if the defender is in your bullseye, you can spend 1 charge to change 1 <focus>. 

Maybe even spend a charge AND take a stress to do so. In that case, make it only 6 points.

Edited by HanScottFirst

More mods for the squints are definitely needed but I do not want to see Autothrusters. Targeting Computer is a good maybe.

I'm somewhat surprised at the lack of stress-causers in 2nd but I'm not sure that I want more of them. If they bring back flechette cannon, it should not deal more than 1 stress, I think. Likewise,Mara Jade should be different than she was.

Determination could come back. Maybe spends charges (2?) to repair face-up damage cards before resolving their effect. Maybe it's a force power, instead?

I always like Cool Hand. Would use charge mechanic in 2.0. Maybe only one non-recurring charge.

I'm going to sound insane to all of you but I kind of like the idea of a TLT-like upgrade BUT instead of allowing two shots on the same target, it will be a double turret indicator (bowtie), and each shot has to be out a different side of it. Still deals only 1 damage on each attack.

I still like Thread Tracers but maybe that overlaps with some of the cool shuttle abilities a bit too much.

B-Wing/E2

Minefield Mapper would be neat but I'm not sure how it would interact with charges on bombs.

Some of the cards that were titles in 1st edition could be configurations in second edition. TIE Advanced V1, TIE/D (cannons), TIE Shuttle, Light Scyk, etc.

Seismic Torpedoes could be cool.

I think this is a great opportunity to buff some of the older, not broken elite talents, like they did elusive.

Wired would be fun (but might need a change thanks to the nature of paired actions, maybe reroll any one result);

lightning reflexes could gain a charge on blue maneuvers, with a cost of two charge to activate (have it activate after the perform an action step);

adrenaline rush could decrease the difficulty of any white or red maneuver at a two/three charge cost, recurring charge;

Cool hand could have two charges flat (thanks to its power when combined with linked actions)

expose, when attacking you may spend one charge to roll one additional die. while defending, if this charge is inactive, roll one fewer die, then regain one charge (charge naturally recurring as well)

Opportunist could honestly just be cheaper

Snapshot.

Even if its bullseye i dont care GIMMIE BACK MY SNAPSHOT!!! lol

It wasnt that great of a talent but it was so fun and challenging to fly a list trying to spam it, since i had to constantly keep you ending YOUR move in my arc R1 to use it (and 1 was no threat, 2 was sort of a threat, 3+ is when it got deadly. You try and keep 3-4 ships constantly shooting snaps every round! lol)

4 minutes ago, BrotherFett said:

I want a torpedo upgrade with more than 2 charges. Maybe plasma torps or something that allows you to spend an additional charge to strip another shield or something after dealing damage. Joy would love that. 

She definitely needs it. Even if it’s kind of a crap torp, she just needs the charges.

Tie /D but for all cannon equipped ships.  We could call it "Linked Battery" and make it take a cannon slot :)
Also Reinforced Deflectors, maybe as a System Slot that gave Red Reinforce?
(In case you can't tell I want Reinforced double tapping B-Wings)