Sign in to follow this  
Malabor

VCX100 ship stand and turret marker

Has anyone figured out how to put the turret marker on the VCX100 stand?   Wanna play the ghost this weekend and can't figure out a good way to mark turret direction.   Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

6 minutes ago, Malabor said:

Has anyone figured out how to put the turret marker on the VCX100 stand?   Wanna play the ghost this weekend and can't figure out a good way to mark turret direction.   Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

I think I saw someone use an epic stand for the Decimator and rested the arc indicator on that, so if you have one you can try to do that. 

Just now, Animewarsdude said:

I think I saw someone use an epic stand for the Decimator and rested the arc indicator on that, so if you have one you can try to do that. 

I don't think the epic stands will work for the Ghost because of the way it's balanced in it's little "cradle".   Thanks though.

3 minutes ago, Malabor said:

I don't think the epic stands will work for the Ghost because of the way it's balanced in it's little "cradle".   Thanks though.

It can work, its just a little fiddly but so is the ghost's special stand in my opinion. If you are worried about it tipping over you always have the option to adding some weight to the base's underside to even it out. 

7 minutes ago, Animewarsdude said:

It can work, its just a little fiddly but so is the ghost's special stand in my opinion. If you are worried about it tipping over you always have the option to adding some weight to the base's underside to even it out. 

Weight won't prevent the tipping.  The issue is with the turret direction indicator and that the Ghost tree stand sits on the outside of the main post nub stand.  The width of the baseplate cardboard + the turret arc cardboard uses pretty much all of the height of that post.  There is nothing left for the tree stand to 'grip' so you can't attach the tree to the base at all.  

I am going to go into an image editor and create my own super wide turret indicator that will fit outside of the tree stand.  It is the only way I can see it working.

23 minutes ago, xbeaker said:

Weight won't prevent the tipping.  The issue is with the turret direction indicator and that the Ghost tree stand sits on the outside of the main post nub stand.  The width of the baseplate cardboard + the turret arc cardboard uses pretty much all of the height of that post.  There is nothing left for the tree stand to 'grip' so you can't attach the tree to the base at all.  

I am going to go into an image editor and create my own super wide turret indicator that will fit outside of the tree stand.  It is the only way I can see it working.

I'm just trying to offer a solution someone came up with. It isn't perfect, and honestly outside of etsy or someone creating a standin until the Ghost is rereleased this is a workaround most can accomplish.

41790369_10160807668190142_8926643612641

The place where the stand fits into the VCX ship is significantly off-center. The stand's plastic pin will probably break very easily if you use an Epic stand like the one shown on the Decimator.

Besides, the conversion kit should convert the VCX without the need of so much nonsense.

Add one more issue in this saga of 2.0e BS.

11 minutes ago, player3137305 said:

The place where the stand fits into the VCX ship is significantly off-center. The stand's plastic pin will probably break very easily if you use an Epic stand like the one shown on the Decimator.

4 of the 10 posts in the other thread say is doesn’t. 

1 hour ago, Malabor said:

17 minutes ago, player3137305 said:

Besides, the conversion kit should convert the VCX without the need of so much nonsense.

Add one more issue in this saga of 2.0e BS.

I and other ghost players locally have used epic stands for the ghost for a long time.  It works just fine.

23 minutes ago, Animewarsdude said:

I'm just trying to offer a solution someone came up with. It isn't perfect, and honestly outside of etsy or someone creating a standin until the Ghost is rereleased this is a workaround most can accomplish.

Curled Paw already has a ghost version

1 hour ago, Malabor said:

In my experience (I was flying a lot of Ezra + 2x Lothal at the end of 1e), the Epic stand works far better than the included Ghost stand.  The fact that an epic stand secures itself much more tightly to the base of the model goes a long way.  I also had fairly well-fitting pegs.

YMMV.

I like how FFG made the Ghost's stand a tripod because hey that's a stable design for holding up heavy objects. And then they went and took that trilod and PUT IT UPSIDE DOWN! So you have these nice supports basically doing almost nothing while there is a single point on the base where it constantly falls off because they put the flippin thing upside down. It's just utterly hilarious; such an FFG thing to do.

Just noticed that problem and I'll just place the marker on the side I'm shooting from. I guess as they will take care of that with the redesign for 2.0. The current model is the season 1 version which I believe was modified in later seasons.