Cloaker

The list that has beat Barrage Bombers, Howlferno Swarm, and Vader

1 hour ago, JJ48 said:

I haven't had a chance to play yet either (hopefully tomorrow).  I do agree that total despair is, perhaps, a bit extreme, but I can't pretend like hearing that token stacking was still a thing hasn't been a severe blow to my enthusiasm about the game.

Though, the person in our group most likely to want to play a Scum token-stacking list switched to playing Magic, and shows no interest in getting into 2.0, so at least there's that.

That the joke ! ;)

Nothing will stop my enthusiasm for 2.0 : threat card, escalation, second edition, extended .... So much different way to play ! ^_^

16 hours ago, Cloaker said:

Their transfer of calculates as needed between each other have made me forget about the focus token.

Why, then, Han? He will leave Boba restricted to one of 5 slow maneuvers.

Would you take Bossk if you had the points? Leaves you stressed too, but means you probably won't miss ever again.

Also, how good were the crackshots? I imagine that you don't chase them but simply use them once they happen?

1 hour ago, Cloaker said:

The weaknesses of Fangs competitively will become more glaring as cards are added to the game. Yes, FFG can price them down and change their upgrade slots, but the reality is that by being selected early in the launch waves of V2.0 the one thing they have really going for them, their dial, is going to get figured out fast in the new era of arc management and dice variance. 

Look no further than the silliness of the quick build lists that debuted (Old Teroch with no upgrades, how fun! Oh wait, there's a fully decked out Talonbane) to expose the shelf life of the Fragile Fangs in a world of crits. 

The quick build cards are (possibly deliberately) all over the place in terms of balance - you can take a sigma squadron ace with advanced sensors, predator, and grand inquisitor crew for only 2 threat, for instance.

I don't understand your first point. Are you saying that fangs will become weaker over time due to power creep? That's certainly possible, although one hopes it will be avoided by fair pricing. I'd argue though that linked actions and faceoff are at least as valuable as the fang dial.

20 hours ago, ficklegreendice said:

got two I like, in both you just treat Kestal like she's a bomber (barrage rockets) with a back-up ICT to pin down arc-dodgers

[NOTE: this one is incomplete, having a hard time deciding how to finish it up]

Still Five Bombers (193)

Lieutenant Kestal — TIE Aggressor 36
Ruthless 1
Ion Cannon Turret 6
Barrage Rockets 6
Ship Total: 49

Captain Jonus — TIE Bomber 36
Barrage Rockets 6
Ship Total: 42

Scimitar Squadron Pilot — TIE Bomber 28
Barrage Rockets 6
Ship Total: 34

Barrage Rockets 6

Barrage Rockets 6

or

The Chain of Command (198)

Lieutenant Kestal — TIE Aggressor 36
Ruthless 1
Ion Cannon Turret 6
Barrage Rockets 6
Ship Total: 49

Captain Jonus — TIE Bomber 36
Elusive 3
Barrage Rockets 6
Ship Total: 45

Major Rhymer — TIE Bomber 34
Adv. Proton Torpedoes 6
Barrage Rockets 6
Ship Total: 46

"Vizier" — TIE Reaper 45
Emperor Palpatine 13
Ship Total: 58

I would encourage people to be reckless with bombers if you're hitting something that can REALLY be hurt by either ion or barrage rockets. Bombers in the late game are no bueno, so kill what you can however you can!

Have you considered Equipping Hotshot Gunner on Kestal in the first list?

7 hours ago, Cloaker said:

The weaknesses of Fangs competitively will become more glaring as cards are added to the game. Yes, FFG can price them down and change their upgrade slots, but the reality is that by being selected early in the launch waves of V2.0 the one thing they have really going for them, their dial, is going to get figured out fast in the new era of arc management and dice variance. 

Look no further than the silliness of the quick build lists that debuted (Old Teroch with no upgrades, how fun! Oh wait, there's a fully decked out Talonbane) to expose the shelf life of the Fragile Fangs in a world of crits. 

Right now tho it doesn't really matter about their lack of slot flexibility - i'm looking to fly the ship right now, not in 2 years. Fenn does pay through the nose for the I6 it seems but Old Teroch is alot more reasonable cost and has a brilliant special rule too.

Edited by Max Teranous

6 hours ago, GreenDragoon said:

Would you take Bossk if you had the points? Leaves you stressed too, but means you probably won't miss ever again.

Also, how good were the crackshots? I imagine that you don't chase them but simply use them once they happen?

Han provides more flexibility. You don't want to have to marry the Aggressor to following Boba around every round, and if Boba is going to go smashing into things, Han is a great card to have in your back pocket.

I'm honestly not sold on the IG-88A pairing in general, but I know for sure flying predictable enough to always be in range means you'll lose that Aggressor relatively quickly. I think I'd rather slap Perceptive Co-Pilot in the crew slot and pair with a different ship entirely, but I've never been terribly fond of any of the IGs.

On 9/20/2018 at 1:12 AM, GreenDragoon said:

Han is just stupid good. Boba enjoys staying slow and engaged, and with people putting more ships on the board for blocking he's always getting shots. Crack shot is easy to line with Boba because he is placing at init 5 and is willing to joust. And no other ship can line up bullseye easier than Guri. Her init, advanced sensors, dial and barrel roll have made it elementary. 

One thing to remember. Run L337 about 3 base lengths behind Boba. This helps with the block for K-turns from ships that are flying at him and keeps her at range 3 or beyond. 

Edited by Cloaker

On 9/20/2018 at 8:07 AM, ArbitraryNerd said:

Han provides more flexibility. You don't want to have to marry the Aggressor to following Boba around every round, and if Boba is going to go smashing into things, Han is a great card to have in your back pocket.

I'm honestly not sold on the IG-88A pairing in general, but I know for sure flying predictable enough to always be in range means you'll lose that Aggressor relatively quickly. I think I'd rather slap Perceptive Co-Pilot in the crew slot and pair with a different ship entirely, but I've never been terribly fond of any of the IGs.

People are underestimating him in the games I've played. IG-88A has been my closer in about 1/2 of the games. Medium base was all he needed to use that dial in sick ways. He is an amazing flanker as he can one turn in after the flank and buys Boba time to re-engage. He's easily the best of the 3 IG options. (C works solid too.) VERY hard to half point, the most difficult non small base to half point in the game now. 

Edited by Cloaker

17 minutes ago, Cloaker said:

People are underestimating him in the games I've played. IG-88A has been my closer in about 1/2 of the games. Medium base was all he needed to use that dial in sick ways. He is an amazing flanker as he can one turn in after the flank and buys Boba time to re-engage. He's easily the best of the 3 IG options. (C works solid too.) VERY hard to half point, the most difficult non small base to half point in the game now. 

I'll definitely play around with it -- I like the idea of C initially, because Boba being able to boost, get an evade for it, then use Han seems great. But... I'm not really sure how often Boba will need/be able to boost, based on how swarm-heavy the meta looks like it's going to lean. So something like A's ability still probably makes the most sense, even if you don't try to have it triggerable each round.