Cloaker

The list that has beat Barrage Bombers, Howlferno Swarm, and Vader

This is it. My favorite list of 2.0. 8-0 so far. Token Stacking is not dead. Neither is having 4-5 modified dice for defense. Demgaroo, Parattanni, 1.0 token stacking has an equal in 2.0.

I have switched Cloaking Device between Boba and IG88-A depending on mood. It allowed Boba to hammer into swarms fully modded upon decloak, or for IG to stay **** near invisible, or to bug out as needed with more defense. It essentially makes the list either early or late game. It was THE difference maker against barrage bombers. Their transfer of calculates as needed between each other have made me forget about the focus token. The seismics have cleared space, crippled swarms and finished off aces (bye Soontir) that dared to get too close. Coordinates as needed and just a helluva list. Scum Han and Cloaking Device are WAY undercosted. This has been so much fun. Originally ran with 8 point bid, but then I realized I don't need one. 

Laughing off 3 barrage rocket attacks with a three tokened, cloaked IG88-A was sublime.  Decloak smashing Boba into 6 TIEs, 2 of who couldn't shoot, when Iggy flanked allowed me to remove Versio in engagement. To beat barrage Jendon bombers twice, well while imperials might be the most improved and leading faction right now, Scum are NOT out of the running. If anyone dares take this to Coruscant may they have as much fun as I've had with it. 

Have yet to face IonY Norra and Luke. That's the one list I'm worried about. To be continued. 

dIeRoBoTs

IG-88A (70)
Crack Shot (1)
Seismic Charges (3)
Cloaking Device (5)
IG-2000 (2)

Boba Fett (80)
Crack Shot (1)
IG-88D (4)
Seismic Charges (3)
Marauder (3)
Han Solo (Scum) (4)

L3-37 (Escape Craft) (22)
Tactical Officer (2)

Total: 200

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0

I barely beat a similar list to that with my SharaSquad list. But honestly a big part of my winning that match was my dice on fire and his being asleep through the whole match. He had different bombs, and seismic might have helped him, but maybe not. The bombs he did have (prox mines and pbombs i think) did hurt and was where a lot of damage came from because I kept forgetting about them, lol. 

3 minutes ago, Arc170Chris said:

I barely beat a similar list to that with my SharaSquad list. But honestly a big part of my winning that match was my dice on fire and his being asleep through the whole match. He had different bombs, and seismic might have helped him, but maybe not. The bombs he did have (prox mines and pbombs i think) did hurt and was where a lot of damage came from because I kept forgetting about them, lol. 

Can you share your list with me? Need to play against it. Rebels seems to have more options to resist or withstand.

Edited by Cloaker

2 minutes ago, Cloaker said:

Fick, what's the Kestal build? 

got two I like, in both you just treat Kestal like she's a bomber (barrage rockets) with a back-up ICT to pin down arc-dodgers

[NOTE: this one is incomplete, having a hard time deciding how to finish it up]

Still Five Bombers (193)

Lieutenant Kestal — TIE Aggressor 36
Ruthless 1
Ion Cannon Turret 6
Barrage Rockets 6
Ship Total: 49

Captain Jonus — TIE Bomber 36
Barrage Rockets 6
Ship Total: 42

Scimitar Squadron Pilot — TIE Bomber 28
Barrage Rockets 6
Ship Total: 34

Barrage Rockets 6

Barrage Rockets 6

or

The Chain of Command (198)

Ruthless 1
Ion Cannon Turret 6
Barrage Rockets 6

Elusive 3
Barrage Rockets 6
Ship Total: 45

Major Rhymer — TIE Bomber 34
Adv. Proton Torpedoes 6
Barrage Rockets 6
Ship Total: 46

"Vizier" — TIE Reaper 45
Emperor Palpatine 13
Ship Total: 58

I would encourage people to be reckless with bombers if you're hitting something that can REALLY be hurt by either ion or barrage rockets. Bombers in the late game are no bueno, so kill what you can however you can!

2 minutes ago, ficklegreendice said:

got two I like, in both you just treat Kestal like she's a bomber (barrage rockets) with a back-up ICT to pin down arc-dodgers

[NOTE: this one is incomplete, having a hard time deciding how to finish it up]

Still Five Bombers (193)

Ruthless 1
Ion Cannon Turret 6
Barrage Rockets 6

Barrage Rockets 6
Ship Total: 42

Barrage Rockets 6

Barrage Rockets 6

Barrage Rockets 6

or

The Chain of Command (198)

Ruthless 1
Ion Cannon Turret 6
Barrage Rockets 6

Elusive 3
Barrage Rockets 6
Ship Total: 45

Major Rhymer — TIE Bomber 34
Adv. Proton Torpedoes 6
Barrage Rockets 6
Ship Total: 46

"Vizier" — TIE Reaper 45
Emperor Palpatine 13
Ship Total: 58

I would encourage people to be reckless with bombers if you're hitting something that can REALLY be hurt by either ion or barrage rockets. Bombers in the late game are no bueno, so kill what you can however you can!

Oooooh. I don't like that ICT Kestal at all. Not one bit. Nasty!

Well, going to have to learn to face that now.

11 minutes ago, Cloaker said:

Can you share your list with me? Need to play against it. Rebels seems to have more options to resist or withstand.

Yeah, here she is: 

Shara Bey — ARC-170 53
Magva Yarro 7
R3 Astromech 3
Ship Total: 63

Jake Farrell — A-Wing 40
Daredevil 3
Cluster Missiles 5
Ship Total: 48

Garven Dreis (X-Wing) — X-Wing 47
Trick Shot 1
Servomotor S-Foils 0
Ship Total: 48

Airen Cracken — Z-95 Headhunter 36
Cluster Missiles 5
Ship Total: 41

Total pts: 200

Even though I did a lot of mistakes up front, forgot R3's 2 target locks, forgot Magva's ability often, the ability for each ship to share focus or entire actions was very strong and very forgiving on mistakes. It certainly helps to have Shara focused and locked almost every chance she had a shot. Which Boba and IG hated. Trick shot was also quite useful on Garven.  Cluster missiles were also quite useful. I look forward to flying this list more though and learning to fly it much better. 

I ran a similar list at a release tournament 

Boba and the Bots

(70) IG-88C
(4) Juke
(3) Fire-Control System
(2) IG-2000
Points 79

(80) Boba Fett
(4) IG-88D
(4) Juke
(3) Marauder
(4) Han Solo
Points 95

(22) L3-37
(2) Tactical Officer
Points 24

Total points: 198

I think I like IG88C a little more than A with the Juke Combo. Both ships usually had a nice little stack of greens to work with and rerolls and with the boost evade they can disengage at a moments notice. 

2 hours ago, Cloaker said:

Oooooh. I don't like that ICT Kestal at all. Not one bit. Nasty!

Well, going to have to learn to face that now.

Honestly, I think your list will be fine

Kestal excells at ruining things like Howlrunner (elusive? Hah!) or whisper (what's an evade token?) or Vader (the ability to use the force is insignificant next to the power of the kestal)

but boba and the ig are chunky, so she'd really depend on the bombers blowing up boba asap 

12 hours ago, Cloaker said:

This is it. My favorite list of 2.0. 8-0 so far. Token Stacking is not dead. Neither is having 4-5 modified dice for defense. Demgaroo, Parattanni, 1.0 token stacking has an equal in 2.0.

I have switched Cloaking Device between Boba and IG88-A depending on mood. It allowed Boba to hammer into swarms fully modded upon decloak, or for IG to stay **** near invisible, or to bug out as needed with more defense. It essentially makes the list either early or late game. It was THE difference maker against barrage bombers. Their transfer of calculates as needed between each other have made me forget about the focus token. The seismics have cleared space, crippled swarms and finished off aces (bye Soontir) that dared to get too close. Coordinates as needed and just a helluva list. Scum Han and Cloaking Device are WAY undercosted. This has been so much fun. Originally ran with 8 point bid, but then I realized I don't need one. 

Laughing off 3 barrage rocket attacks with a three tokened, cloaked IG88-A was sublime.  Decloak smashing Boba into 6 TIEs, 2 of who couldn't shoot, when Iggy flanked allowed me to remove Versio in engagement. To beat barrage Jendon bombers twice, well while imperials might be the most improved and leading faction right now, Scum are NOT out of the running. If anyone dares take this to Coruscant may they have as much fun as I've had with it. 

Have yet to face IonY Norra and Luke. That's the one list I'm worried about. To be continued. 

dIeRoBoTs

IG-88A (70)
Crack Shot (1)
Seismic Charges (3)
Cloaking Device (5)
IG-2000 (2)

Boba Fett (80)
Crack Shot (1)
IG-88D (4)
Seismic Charges (3)
Marauder (3)
Han Solo (Scum) (4)

L3-37 (Escape Craft) (22)
Tactical Officer (2)

Total: 200

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0

Out of curiosity, what do you perceive as your list's weaknesses?

Is it simply being outflown? Or do you worry about something in particular? 

6 hours ago, NABLA_OPERATOR said:

I like that list. Can you explain a little more how you typically use the cloaking device?

It has two significant advantages, and thankfully two charges. 

1) Boba vs. Primary weapon 2 attackers in joust, 4 forward, cloak. Decloak, forward 4, Han, profit. 

2) later game, outnumbered and focus fire imminent upon you. Cloak, Han, roll 4 defense dice modded.

Also, L337 coordinates a reinforce, boost or target lock as needed at initiative 2.

I won two more games tonight vs imperials. This list has disgusting action economy. Fun. 

Edited by Cloaker

50 minutes ago, bydand said:

Out of curiosity, what do you perceive as your list's weaknesses?

Is it simply being outflown? Or do you worry about something in particular? 

My buddy is fond of 4 ship ywing veteran turret Ion swarms. I don't want anything to do with that. 

The list has proven resilient against swarms, is block resistant, agile enough to best 3 ace lists, and has overall utility. Strange as it sounds, I think a really talented K-Wing player could dissect it. 

1 hour ago, dsul413 said:

The IGs in 2.0 are really **** fun, and pretty darn strong.

When you put an IG next to Fenn Rau you realize how poorly costed the Ace Fangs really are. Having no modification slots ruins the Fangs for me. With 2.0 variance rising to the forefront I have found Rau to be a massive point trap. t's far easier to half point an expensive and fragile Fenn then a well flown IG. Even Guri, my favorite pilot in the game, becomes questionable for her point cost compared to what the IGs offer. The smartest 2.0 cost adjustment besides negating 3 defender lists FFG did was ensuring 3 IGs cannot be fielded. 

Edited by Cloaker

9 minutes ago, Cloaker said:

When you put an IG next to Fenn Rau you realize how poorly costed the Ace Fangs really are. Having no modification slots ruins the Fangs for me. With 2.0 variance rising to the forefront I have found Rau to be a massive point trap. t's far easier to half point an expensive and fragile Fenn then a well flown IG. Even Guri, my favorite pilot in the game, becomes questionable for her point cost compared to what the IGs offer. The smartest 2.0 cost adjustment besides negating 3 defender lists FFG did was ensuring 3 IGs cannot be fielded. 

Guri feels very expensive to me - she's noticeably weaker than Fenn and only a few points less than him. I'm looking forward to getting an IG on the table. If only there was more than one IG crew...

Fenn is really really fun to fly, but you're right he's fragile. I don't mind the lack of a mod slot at all - none of the current mods are worth it on him and he flies fine naked.

9 minutes ago, Arkanta974 said:

The sky is falling again... And I didn't played yet !

Just kidding ?

I haven't had a chance to play yet either (hopefully tomorrow).  I do agree that total despair is, perhaps, a bit extreme, but I can't pretend like hearing that token stacking was still a thing hasn't been a severe blow to my enthusiasm about the game.

Though, the person in our group most likely to want to play a Scum token-stacking list switched to playing Magic, and shows no interest in getting into 2.0, so at least there's that.

10 minutes ago, gadwag said:

Guri feels very expensive to me - she's noticeably weaker than Fenn and only a few points less than him. I'm looking forward to getting an IG on the table. If only there was more than one IG crew...

Fenn is really really fun to fly, but you're right he's fragile. I don't mind the lack of a mod slot at all - none of the current mods are worth it on him and he flies fine naked.

The weaknesses of Fangs competitively will become more glaring as cards are added to the game. Yes, FFG can price them down and change their upgrade slots, but the reality is that by being selected early in the launch waves of V2.0 the one thing they have really going for them, their dial, is going to get figured out fast in the new era of arc management and dice variance. 

Look no further than the silliness of the quick build lists that debuted (Old Teroch with no upgrades, how fun! Oh wait, there's a fully decked out Talonbane) to expose the shelf life of the Fragile Fangs in a world of crits.