BCooper85

Is everyone as impressed with the 2.0 HWK as I am?

I've played 5 games of 2.0 so far and in 4 of those games I've used slightly different variations of Kyle and he's been my star pilot.

• The new Moldy Crow title is completely worth 12 points, giving the ship the ability to joust is awesome and really suits my play style.
  • I generally fly in quite a tight pinwheel so the ability to move his mobile arc to cover my other ships for his ability to trigger is great.
  • Not finding the dial an issue at all although I didn't really play with the 1.0 version and haven't checked to see how it's changed. The blue 3 straight is noice as is the stop.
  • The focus into move turret action is great.

Haven't used the jam action yet as honestly I'm not sure when to use it! 

Edited by BCooper85

Yes.

Moldy Crow is the most undercosted upgrade in the game, Palob is the most undercosted pilot in the game, the whole HWK chassis has been given a fantastic upgrade in usefulness.

HWKs are crazy, especially Palob.  It's nut to think that a HWK is probably the most dangerous jouster in the game, but Palob basically is.

Yes, very impressed by both rebel and scum hawk. Kyle is exceptional support ship, palob is more of a controller of actions. The crew choice is better in the scum side, but ship synergy is better with rebels. It is THE ship of the early V2 for me ( or close second to tie/SA)

3 hours ago, BCooper85 said:

I've played 5 games of 2.0 so far and in 4 of those games I've used slightly different variations of Kyle and he's been my star pilot.

• The new Moldy Crow title is completely worth 12 points, giving the ship the ability to joust is awesome and really suits my play style.
  • I generally fly in quite a tight pinwheel so the ability to move his mobile arc to cover my other ships for his ability to trigger is great.
  • Not finding the dial an issue at all although I didn't really play with the 1.0 version and haven't checked to see how it's changed. The blue 3 straight is noice as is the stop.
  • The focus into move turret action is great.

Haven't used the jam action yet as honestly I'm not sure when to use it! 

Yes, Palob was one of my favourite pilots back on 1.0, and now is far much better. I am really pleased that I can play almost anything on a list.

3 hours ago, SOTL said:

Yes.

Moldy Crow is the most undercosted upgrade in the game, Palob is the most undercosted pilot in the game, the whole HWK chassis has been given a fantastic upgrade in usefulness.

HWKs are crazy, especially Palob.  It's nut to think that a HWK is probably the most dangerous jouster in the game, but Palob basically is.

okay, let's not get TOO nuts

the HWK is easily the most improved ship in second edition (because look at where it's coming from) but if you try to straight joust with it you will get obliterated

it's 5 health, 2 agility pushing 60 points. It doesn't matter how awesome Palob's ability is (and it IS awesome) when you're staring down any decent sort of firepower head on. Try jousting a TIE or bomber swarm (ah-ha! I took a focus good luck firing Barrage Rockets! *other four rockets kill you dead*)

Plus, the HWK can't k/sloop/troll...so it's actually an incredibly **** jouster

You have to actually work the 2-die turret by snaking around obstacles and avoid getting shot by more than one ship.

Yes, even Palob

Edited by ficklegreendice

I've been running Jan w/ Moldy Crow and Swarm Tactics along with Luke, Blount w/ Trickshot, and a generic Z-95.  People never expect Blount to shoot 4-5 red dice at them at I5! ?

I could theoretically get up to 6 red dice: 2 + Blount's ability + Range 1 + Trick Shot + Jan's ability

Took a 2 HWK 2 Y-wing list to an 18 person tournament on Sunday, going 3-1 to get 4th place on MOV.

Round 1: Win vs Whisper & RAC

Round 2: Win vs 3 Barage Bombers & Vader

Round 3: Win vs 3 Zealous Recruits & Guri

Round 4: Loss vs Howl, 3 Blacks, 3 Academies 

Edited by Innese

22 minutes ago, ficklegreendice said:

okay, let's not get TOO nuts

the HWK is easily the most improved ship in second edition (because look at where it's coming from) but if you try to straight joust with it you will get obliterated

it's 5 health, 2 agility pushing 60 points. It doesn't matter how awesome Palob's ability is (and it IS awesome) when you're staring down any decent sort of firepower head on. Try jousting a TIE or bomber swarm (ah-ha! I took a focus good luck firing Barrage Rockets! *other four rockets kill you dead*)

Plus, the HWK can't k/sloop/troll...so it's actually an incredibly **** jouster

You have to actually work the 2-die turret by snaking around obstacles and avoid getting shot by more than one ship.

Yes, even Palob

In a one-on-one joust with almost any ship Palob will win.  He rolls in with double Focus banked and can TL so he's one of the few ships firing with double mods, and he's also stealing your token so you're firing unmodded.  Plus with Elusive & L3-37 onboard he's pretty tough to take down.

And the Red stop is a great jousting move because you stick that on and let them k-turn right in front of you.

Palob's my hammer.  Snake around anything my ****, I'm jamming him right up into your face at R1 at the fisrt opportunity.

Let's say, in the ~60pts bracket.  You take Redline and I'll take Palob, let's see who wins.  (spoiler - it's Palob every time)

Edited by SOTL

See, that's cute and all, but people seem to forget that this isn't a 1v1 game

Last time someone tried to jam Palob in my face, I murdered him with two kimoglia, serissu and mux..because they can TL turns out

Plus you'd never take a 60 point redline, don't be silly. You're looking at whisper/Soontir at that range, and they're perfectly capable of arcdodging and getting around palob's ability with theirs. There's also Vader Vermeil, who easily crushes Palob. All he has to do is not take a focus or evade action 

I've run Palob almost religiously with scum (quite literally never flown a list without him or mux) and I know he ain't invincible, nor anywhere even close

5 health, two agility, always one bad roll away from some seriously bad times. The more ships he runs into, the worse things get 

Edited by ficklegreendice

6 minutes ago, SOTL said:

Let's say, in the ~60pts bracket.  You take Redline and I'll take Palob, let's see who wins.  (spoiler - it's Palob every time)

How? In that matchup, Redline will never take a focus (and never evade), will slow roll and so get to fire his proton torpedo more or less every turn. With Advanced Sensors it's nearly impossible for Palob to block him, unless he can somehow position himself so that and combo of boost/K leads into a rock. If he does try to set that up, he'll be going slow, again making it more likely for Redline to fire a torpedo.

I have to agree with fickle, Palob and the HWKs are great now but they are still a support ship.

Sure, if your opponent ignores the HWK it can get a lot of work done, but that's true of every ship.  If your opponent has three or four ships and wants your HWK dead, it's not going to last long.  If you're lucky she will eat four or five shots before going down.  If you aren't lucky it can pop in two even with banked Focus.

They are way better than they used to be; the dial is better, they have a great action bar, they got a device slot, the title gives them a solid gun.  But they still only have 3H/2S behind 2Agi.  That's only one better than a Z-95.

1 minute ago, SOTL said:

You're all wrong but I learned a long time ago that you can't help people on the internet.

Whatever you're doing with Palob is wrong, change the loadout.  He's not a support ship he's your point man.

Somehow I've ended up facing Palob in nearly half of my 2.0 games so far. He has never survived one of them, despite nabbing an evade from one of my Defenders or Phantoms almost every turn. He IS a danger, and a huge problem late game (unless you can boost, lock, K-turn and protorpedo him :P) which is why I make sure he dies first.