Arc170Chris

2.0 SharaSquad first time out. Great results

I put together this squad, based around Shara's Arc170, but with a focus on having every pilot help every other pilot out. The list is below:

Shara Bey — ARC-170 53
Magva Yarro 7
R3 Astromech 3
Ship Total: 63

Jake Farrell — A-Wing 40
Daredevil 3
Cluster Missiles 5
Ship Total: 48

Garven Dreis (X-Wing) — X-Wing 47
Trick Shot 1
Servomotor S-Foils 0
Ship Total: 48

Airen Cracken — Z-95 Headhunter 36
Cluster Missiles 5
Ship Total: 41

Total pts: 200

Even though I did a lot of mistakes up front, forgot R3's 2 target locks, forgot Magva's ability often, the ability for each ship to share focus or entire actions was very strong and very forgiving on mistakes. My dice were also rolling pretty well and my opponents were not rolling well at all, but it certainly helps to have Shara focused and locked almost every chance she had a shot. Trick shot was also quite useful on Garven. I forgot magva so much, that I was thinking it may be worth it to put Leia in there instead. I could of used Leia at least twice. Cluster missiles were also quite useful. I also never had the opportunity to use veteran tail gunner, so glad I didn't pick that one. I look forward to flying this list more though and learning to fly it much better. 

Been looking at something very similar with Stars and Garven but Jan Ors  is my support ship for more damage and the extra points go on action economy, causing target selection issues and damage mitigation.

HWK-290 Light Freighter - Jan Ors - 63
    •Jan Ors - Espionage Expert (42)
        Marksmanship (1)
        Jyn Erso (2)
        Stealth Device (6)
        Moldy Crow (12)

ARC-170 Starfighter - Garven Dreis - 66
    •Garven Dreis - Red Leader (51)
        Selfless (3)
        Perceptive Copilot (10)
        Tactical Scrambler (2)

ARC-170 Starfighter - Shara Bey - 71
    •Shara Bey - Green Four (53)
        Marksmanship (1)
        Saw Gerrera (8)
        R5-D8 (7)
        Tactical Scrambler (2)

Total: 200/200

View in the X-Wing Squad Builder

Edited by Sonikgav

I think Saw should be glued to Shara. If you can avoid using him, fantastic, but sometimes you'll want him around.

Jake is a suboptimal match for the slow ARC, but I like Sonkgav's basic suggestion. That being said, in his thread, I suggested this build:

Shara

Saw

TacScram

Garven

Selfless

Jyn

TacScram

Jan

Moldy Crow

Magva

Swarm Tactics

Proton Bombs

Stealth Device

So Jan comes in behind the arcs, which, between her stealth device, the arc obstructions, selfless, and Magva Yarro makes her a VERY unappealing target. Garven does normal things, focus, fires at I5 (thanks to Jan), passes focus to Shara who had TLed. Jan is a wildly effective end game ship, actually.

That is cool, but honestly, I think Magva is better on shara than saw. And I think the 4 ship list will out do the 3 ship list, especially if 2 of the 3 ships are 1 agility ships. True Jake isn't a good match for Shara, but he can also aide garven and Airen, who in tern can aide each other or shara. Basically much more options and if one ship goes, it doesn't kill the who list list, infact if two ships go, it still doesn't kill the list.   

Honestly I just love the ARCs. I think C-3PO and R2-D2 make Norra extremely survivable. Are there any other ships that can make use of that duo?

Also... why not perceptive copilot on Shara? Her ability is each time you attack or defend, could be very useful.

I picked Arvel to really pick on certain ships. At only 3 initiative it is hard for him to really block an ace effectively, though.

I have not flown this yet. I think it would be effective at jousting and vs swarms, not too sure against an ace like Vader or Luke.

RZ-1 A-wing - Arvel Crynyd - 39
    •Arvel Crynyd - Green Leader (36)
        Intimidation (3)

ARC-170 Starfighter - Norra Wexley - 85
    •Norra Wexley - Gold Nine (55)
        Expert Handling (4)
        C-3PO (12)
        R2-D2 (8)
        Tactical Scrambler (2)
        Veteran Tail Gunner (4)

ARC-170 Starfighter - Shara Bey - 76
    •Shara Bey - Green Four (53)
        Expert Handling (4)
        Perceptive Copilot (10)
        R3 Astromech (3)
        Tactical Scrambler (2)
        Veteran Tail Gunner (4)

Total: 200/200

View in the X-Wing Squad Builder

21 hours ago, EvilZealot said:

Have you had any more success with the list?

The list has yet to be beaten. Don't get me wrong, I know it definitely could be, but each game so far has been roughly a 200 pts  to 100-120pts win. It's been against 2 ships lists, 3 ship, and 4 ships lists. Hasn't been against a 6-7 ship full swarm yet.  What's great about it, is it doesn't really matter who goes down first, as the action sharing continues and efficiency continues if flown right. And I've made a ton of mistakes and still forget about Magva's abilities quite often and who can pass what to who. lol. it's a lot to keep track of. 

Edited by Arc170Chris