urbanyeti

How’re people building 2.0 Kihraxz Fighters?

16 hours ago, Gilarius said:

I found that their manoeuvrability allowed them to still arc-dodge Vader and Rexler Brath, and block them occasionally. I lost that game, but 2 more turns should have seen them do the one more point of damage I needed to get half on Rexler. I think 3 is the minimum needed to still win a game though.

They still went pop from time to time!

Oh, once a heavy swarm drops below 3 remaining ships I agree it's in trouble, but as noted, being able to outfly much better ships is an impressive achievement.

14 hours ago, heychadwick said:

I love the Kihraxes dial!  1 bank and a 1 hard turn?!?!?! I love it.  Also gets Talon Roll and Kturns.  The dial is really good.  

I don't have 5, but run 3 with Tractor Beam Scyk and G-3A.  I have only lost once and it was super close.

Run them naked and plentiful.   This ship is exceptional. 

Indeed. Getting Barrel Roll and a hull upgrade baked in at no extra cost was a huge leap in ability.

10 hours ago, gadwag said:

It's not an awful dial, and those hard turns are fun for knife fighting. I find that I really miss the 1fwd and 3 hard when I fly it though - I find the X-Wing dial easier to use. My biggest gripe is that without the 1fwd, it's hard to stay in close without going too fast and bumping.

If it had 1 forward it would be broken good.  There are times when I wish it had one, but it's never ruined the situation at all.  The 1 bank and 1 hard turn are just awesome.  Especially the latter.  The Talon Roll is also good.  

I would rather have the 1 hard turn over the 1 straight.

I think this might be because I fly 3 of them at I2 that it isn't an issue.  Not sure on that.  

19 hours ago, Rodafowa said:

Am I crazy for thinking that in a world where arc-dodging has been nerfed a bit, Talonbane Cobra (and his newly-buffed ability) is actually pretty good?

Not sure what you'd run with him is the only thing. Boba would leave you fifty-some points of I-don't-know-what.

I'd try Palob Godalhi with Moldy Crow, it's hard to go wrong with that guy. 

18 minutes ago, heychadwick said:

If it had 1 forward it would be broken good.  There are times when I wish it had one, but it's never ruined the situation at all.  The 1 bank and 1 hard turn are just awesome.  Especially the latter.  The Talon Roll is also good.  

I think this might be because I fly 3 of them at I2 that it isn't an issue.  Not sure on that.  

it does make it interesting to fly, as about the only ships with neither a speed 1 nor speed 5 straight.

On 9/19/2018 at 1:12 AM, Rodafowa said:

Am I crazy for thinking that in a world where arc-dodging has been nerfed a bit, Talonbane Cobra (and his newly-buffed ability) is actually pretty good?

Talonbutt is a good deal less expensive than he used to be, which (along with +1 hull) is his biggest buff. The new roll and ability buff vs munitions means he can chill at range 3 more easily, but his cheapness matters much more. This is because the biggest problem for talonbane is that when he's at range 1 he gets massive attack and then explodes (Fenn, on the other hand, does a massive attack and then a massive defense). Making talonbane cheaper means he's more disposable for throwing into r1.

Talonbane has competition now from Graz, though, who gets +1 die when he's behind a ship.

13 hours ago, Magnus Grendel said:

I find the dial hard to work with but hard 1s are fun, there's no denying that. The hard 1 and 2 tallon are very helpful for staying close, which talonbutt loves.

The 1 hard is most useful when trying to tail someone or when moving from r2 to r1 in a furball. At low init you don't need to tail often and are probably happy to block your enemy with a 2fwd. Higher init ships like talonbane and graz are more likely to try and trail a lower init ship (especially graz) so the dial is a bit trickier there

9 minutes ago, BenDay said:

Hello,

Does anyone know the reference for "behind", for Graz's ability.  Does it means completely in the full rear arc?

It's in the rules reference. Where it describes behind, in front of, and flanking positions.

5 hours ago, BenDay said:

Hello,

Does anyone know the reference for "behind", for Graz's ability.  Does it means completely in the full rear arc?

Its like reinforce, the back half aka 180 of a ship vs front half. Arcs dont matter. Just measure that middle hash mark on the enemies ship token.

Got more games in with this list:

Fenn Rau (68)
Predator (2)

Graz (47)
Crack Shot (1)

Talonbane Cobra (50)
Predator (2)

L3-37 (Escape Craft) (22)
Tactical Officer (2)

Total: 194

Its becoming really good as I learn approaches.

Played against two good opponents. First was supernatural vader with fcs afterburners, soontir, scim bomber with barrage and seismics.

Opponent had 4 or 5pt bid, so I let him have initiative. Cobra and l337 flanked while Graz and Fenn were buddies. I put pressure on soonts while opponent went for graz. Graz died, bomber died, round or two later cobra with a broll from L337 and 1 sharp put pressure on soonts. Fenn got range 2 on Soonts and finished him. Vader got Cobra and it was 3 hull Fenn and L337 vs 3 hull 1 shield Vader. We got each other range 1. I blank out on 4 greens, two crits go through, 1 is direct hit, fenn dies. I roll my 5 dice and with TL i get only get three hits.

Very winnable game and felt good. Cobra did amazing things with l337.

Second game was Vader fcs supernat and Oicunn palp,gunner,dauntless

I had bid and let him have init. This time i kept fenn cobra and l337 together and flanked with graz. Fenn took two dmg early and crit was dmg engine. Graz was behind Oicunn all game tossing 4 dice. L337 was amazing again for cobra letting him b-roll and 1 sharp. Vader took some damage from Cobra. Graz fell, L337 fell, 1 hull vader and 1 hull oicunn vs full cobra and 2hull fenn. Cobra puts pressure on vader and makes him super natty b roll to avoid cobras arc, wasting his last force point. Vader and Fenn had a range 1 duel. This time it worked out how it was suppose to. Vader dies. Oicunn dies next round.

Cobra and Graz were huge in the game. Graz tossing 4 dice to a reinforced oicunn helped alot. Cobra and l337 setup great kill boxes for vader chasing graz. That b-roll and 1 sharp is SOOO Nice. Wish these guys had adv sensors! I got soontir previous game with it, and vader here. Its like whispers decloak hard 1 shenanigans.

Graz and Cobra are a great value. Keep them cheap. 5hull and 1 shield can buy them time to put in the hurt.

Edited by wurms

I played a game with Graz carrying a Cloaking Device. My opponent turned the guns of their entire list on Graz, allowing my other ships to attack them unhindered. Graz soaked two turns of shots from Jake Farrel, Dash, and Outmaneuver Wedge and still had half health remaining. After Jake and Wedge were dead, Graz went on the offensive and slammed Dash with a five dice attack before he was eventually killed. Definitely a worthwhile investment, and I'll be running him again in the future. 

On 9/17/2018 at 6:45 PM, ficklegreendice said:

The named pilots are a tad too pricey for my liking, though Cap Jos. would be a LOT better if the SCURRG weren't comically overcosted (it's our only trajectory simulator! short of igs, ofc)

I actually put jostero in a list with 4 deadman switch/baffle Z95s and drea.  Z95 blows up, it damages stuff, jostero gets a free shot at em.  Only got 1 free shot I think the one game Ive played it so far, but I think I only lost 1 Z95 that game too, so...

3 hours ago, VanderLegion said:

I actually put jostero in a list with 4 deadman switch/baffle Z95s and drea.  Z95 blows up, it damages stuff, jostero gets a free shot at em.  Only got 1 free shot I think the one game Ive played it so far, but I think I only lost 1 Z95 that game too, so...

Get yourself some bombs (best with nym instead of drea) and you've got a brew going. I flew this in 1.0 and it wasn't great but could do a decent amount of work, especially when nym had an ion turret to handle ships with many hitpoints.