shotbyscott

Printing lists....

"Share list" -> "Create PDF" -> open created pdf elsewhere -> print

Horribly annoying, time consuming and inefficient, but it does exist.

I'm at least somewhat grateful that it wasn't: show list -> print screen -> scroll -> print screen -> scroll -> print screen -> scroll -> print screen -> scroll -> print screen -> scroll -> photoshop -> print

Edited by McTavish
typos

15 minutes ago, McTavish said:

"Share list" -> "Create PDF" -> open created pdf elsewhere -> print

Horribly annoying, time consuming and inefficient, but it does exist.

I'm at least somewhat grateful that it wasn't: show list -> print screen -> scroll -> print screen -> scroll -> print screen -> scroll -> print screen -> scroll -> print screen -> scroll -> photoshop -> print

The PDF contains to little information about the list. No stats, abilities or card text. I like to print 3 or 4 lists and take them to x-wing night. That way I save a lot of time setting up for games

45 minutes ago, shotbyscott said:

The PDF contains to little information about the list. No stats, abilities or card text. I like to print 3 or 4 lists and take them to x-wing night. That way I save a lot of time setting up for games

It's almost like they have a vested interest in you buying the cards.

3 hours ago, skotothalamos said:

It's almost like they have a vested interest in you buying the cards.

Exactly. If the lists printed off all the pilot abilities and upgrade abilities then people could play without buying product. Now some dials may have changed but you can take a marker and fix most of them, except ones that got entire moves they didnt have before.

7 hours ago, GamerGuy1984 said:

Exactly. If the lists printed off all the pilot abilities and upgrade abilities then people could play without buying product. Now some dials may have changed but you can take a marker and fix most of them, except ones that got entire moves they didnt have before.

Pepole will do it any way. There are a lot of people who proxy card's. I am talking about all the casual players .

Not having the full details on a PDF print out from the "official" squad builder is ridiculous... They are already <italics>LITERALLY</italics> giving the information away by making the builder free!!  Think of it this way, your casual player will benefit from it by being able to try out a few upgrade cards and pilot cards that will encourage them to play with ships that they may want to buy in the future. For the player who is of the competitive mindset it will give them the opportunity to test out their super sweet meta warping squad that they will then have to go and buy the components for. 

With all of the other resources out there for X-wing, and already having the ability to 'proxy' by just taking screenshots from the apps, its a huge oversight to not just put the info on the PDF and call it a day...

Edited by JReim

2 hours ago, JReim said:

Not having the full details on a PDF print out from the "official" squad builder is ridiculous... They are already <italics>LITERALLY</italics> giving the information away by making the builder free!!  Think of it this way, your casual player will benefit from it by being able to try out a few upgrade cards and pilot cards that will encourage them to play with ships that they may want to buy in the future. For the player who is of the competitive mindset it will give them the opportunity to test out their super sweet meta warping squad that they will then have to go and buy the components for. 

With all of the other resources out there for X-wing, and already having the ability to 'proxy' by just taking screenshots from the apps, its a huge oversight to not just put the info on the PDF and call it a day...

Jeap what he said

On 9/17/2018 at 7:44 PM, GamerGuy1984 said:

No, because you need the miniature.  People buy this game for the minis.  Some people actually buy the minis and don't play the game.

The rabid $0 crowd can still use bottle caps, screen shots, and whatever to play the game.

If the app needs to provide the utility of a squad builder, like all the other ones that have come before it.