kogtim

Best Crew for Tie Phantoms

7 hours ago, Astech said:

Sloane sounds like an outstanding option if Whisper's being run alongside a TIE swarm.

Can confirm, it's good. Although I use 3 die shooting ships in my Sloane swarm. Interceptor, Strikers, Wampa, and Barrage Rocket Bomber, I'm trying them all. Surprisingly, one of each 34 pt ship still feels good (Wampa is 30 and the cheapest 3 die shot), none have really stood out more than the others. I want both maneuverability and sniping (Barrage Bomber), but I don't want to overload with the Bombers and lose out on flanking potential. 

oh its a given.

It will probably require vader in the list for imperials, again, but its a given. Theres no way they gave us the two droids and not the good doctor herself.

I suspect probably the first "new" ships for the original trio factions will include the Ark Angel.

6 minutes ago, Manolox said:

Maybe it's stupid but:

Are you shure that vader can trigger wishper's ability?

Is Vader's ability considerable as an attack?

Vader can strip a token which makes Juke more effective, giving Whisper a better chance to land a hit and trigger her ability.

You are correct though, Vader crew's damage does not trigger Whisper's ability directly.

I know this was mainly about the crew slot of the Phantoms, but I've seen a lot of people talking about Collision Detector as the "main" sensor slot. Don't discount Adv Sensors. Playing Whisper in about 5ish games so far and almost every game I've performed a K turn to get in a very good position after decloaking. Adv Sensors is a great tool to retain your action before K-turning. 

1 minute ago, RStan said:

I know this was mainly about the crew slot of the Phantoms, but I've seen a lot of people talking about Collision Detector as the "main" sensor slot. Don't discount Adv Sensors. Playing Whisper in about 5ish games so far and almost every game I've performed a K turn to get in a very good position after decloaking. Adv Sensors is a great tool to retain your action before K-turning. 

No doubt.

But Collision Detector lets you avoid the need for k turning at all and is cheaper.

No doubt AS is good especially on a ship that only ever gets one action in its activation anyway.  But CD is SO much fun.

26 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

But CD is SO much fun.

Yeah it is! Watching your opponent squirm in the planning phase because they know you have CD, and can pop a charge to decloak right, then hard turn to get a range 1 blind spot shot at Kyle, or decloak forward 3 bank through a rock to get in behind a stressed Wedge who has to either disengage, leaving a limping Sai to live, or commit for the kill and likely die in return?

Solid gold. He committed to Sai, I went forward, and Wedge and Sai died, leaving a 2 health HWK left against a 4 health Whisper.

It’s so fun, and it has the ability to change the game by forcing your opponent to make mistakes.

i usually dont run CD for the sheer fact the +10pts between the two phantoms means i cant have the third be as good as i need him to be lol.

Its a card i seem to always slap on but before i finalize the list i have taken it off. Kinda like ablative plating, ive found i ... literally never use it...so i just take it off.

23 minutes ago, ficklegreendice said:

Cool Detector  ? is also the only way to pass off your Echo decloak ****-ups as incredible feats of foresight and planning 

I can confirm. I have played with the following list in about 6 games. I have won all 6 games with this list. Collision Detector is absolutely fantastic on TIE Phantom aces. It adds some serious unpredictability to both regular maneuvers and your de-cloaks.  

TIE Reaper - Major Vermeil - 64
    •Major Vermeil - Veteran of Scarif (49)
        Seventh Sister (12)
        0-0-0 (3)

TIE/ph Phantom - “Echo” - 69
    •“Echo” - Slippery Trickster (50)
        Collision Detector (5)
        Darth Vader (14)

TIE/ph Phantom - “Whisper” - 67
    •“Whisper” - Soft-Spoken Slayer (52)
        Collision Detector (5)
        Perceptive Copilot (10)