joshthesheep

Scum Han - Debris Clouds for Days

So, I was looking at Scum Han and thinking "How can I increase the consistency of Han's ability to fire obstructed shots?" An thus, I came up with this monstrosity:

Han Solo (The Corellian Kid)

-Trick Shot

-Rigged Cargo Chute

-Jabba The Hutt

That's right, you can litter the map with 5 debris clouds. You should be able to get an obstructed shot with 11 obstacles on the field.

You can even add in Ablative Plating and Lando's Falcon Title with an Outer Rim Pioneer for more obstacle shenanigans.

Fill in the rest of the list for taste.

What do you think? Cheeky Jank? or Viable Scum tactic? Is littering the new scum Meta?

8 minutes ago, Stealthcmc1974 said:

On a less serious note, you want to put Jabba on the ship with his smuggler who keeps dumping his cargo? You trying to get Han killed?

I personally find this extremely ironic and hilarious that Han is flying around with Jabba the Hutt, literally dumping his cargo all over the map.

I've been working on a list that abuses this synergy. It's mostly for meme value, but I look forward to trying it in some friendly games. 

Trandoshan Slaver (58)
Jabba the Hutt (8)
Rigged Cargo Chute (4)

Han Solo (Scum) (54)
Trick Shot (1)
L3-37 (4)
Boba Fett (4)
Rigged Cargo Chute (4)
Lando's Millennium Falcon (6)

4-LOM (49)
Trick Shot (1)
Contraband Cybernetics (5)
Mist Hunter (2)

Total: 200

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0

2 minutes ago, Covered in Weasels said:

I've been working on a list that abuses this synergy. It's mostly for meme value, but I look forward to trying it in some friendly games. 

Trandoshan Slaver (58)
Jabba the Hutt (8)
Rigged Cargo Chute (4)

Han Solo (Scum) (54)
Trick Shot (1)
L3-37 (4)
Boba Fett (4)
Rigged Cargo Chute (4)
Lando's Millennium Falcon (6)

4-LOM (49)
Trick Shot (1)
Contraband Cybernetics (5)
Mist Hunter (2)

Total: 200

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0

I love it. Moar debris!

1 minute ago, Jo Jo said:

Right... also doing that many actions without getting killed in the first place.

It's quite simple. You just run away and drop cargo as you go. Got some cheeky interceptor on your tail? Just drop a bunch of cargo in front of his face and throw 4 red die at em!

25 minutes ago, joshthesheep said:

It's quite simple. You just run away and drop cargo as you go. Got some cheeky interceptor on your tail? Just drop a bunch of cargo in front of his face and throw 4 red die at em!

Boba Fett crew is key for this. Position the Falcon so it can drop templates right in the path of enemy fighters from turn 1 while shooting out the rear arc as it goes.

Debris templates are great for messing with aces. I've successfully sent Luke scrambling almost off the table when he started chasing me; dodging the debris deprived him of shots for a turn and put him pretty far out of position. 

I like to fly Han with Assaj Ventress. Throw in 000 as a crew on the falcon and Bt1 as gunner to get more stress on the board and to capitalize on it. Debris fields for the illicit slots.  Flavor to taste. Adding outer rim pioneer also helps as copilot. 

2 minutes ago, ScummyRebel said:

Except mining guild ties only ignore asteroids. ;) 

Does not say anything about debris.

Aha!  You are absolutely correct - I'd missed that.  I think it's still viable though - it's natural to give them trick shot and they're pretty maneuverable, so blast away with cheap 3 die attacks!

35 minutes ago, PoorGreedo said:

1x Lando Falcon

2x Rebel conversion kit

2x Scum conversion kit

1.0 Shadowcaster extension 

There are no Debris Clouds in the Scum Conversion Kit, I can confirm that.  And in the listed items on FFG there are no Debris Clouds in the Rebel Conversion either. 

Edited by Cgriffith
spelling

1 minute ago, Cgriffith said:

There are no Debris Clouds in the Scum Conversion Kit, I can confirm that.  And in the listed items on FFG there are no Debris Clouds in the Rebel Conversion either. 

Hmm... I forgot about that in the rebel kit, I knew they had the rigged cargo chute card. They kinda snubbed us with the tokens in the conversion kits didn't they.

11 minutes ago, joshthesheep said:

Hmm... I forgot about that in the rebel kit, I knew they had the rigged cargo chute card. They kinda snubbed us with the tokens in the conversion kits didn't they.

NO Rigged Cargo Chute Tokens

http://xwing-miniatures-second-edition.wikia.com/wiki/Scum_and_Villainy_Conversion_Kit

http://xwing-miniatures-second-edition.wikia.com/wiki/Rebel_Alliance_Conversion_Kit

Edited by Cgriffith
clarification

2 minutes ago, Cgriffith said:

There's no Rigged Cargo Chute either, where are you getting this information I have the kit right in front of me?

ummm... the wikis for the rebel and scum conversion kits? and I was reading the cards at home?

http://xwing-miniatures-second-edition.wikia.com/wiki/Rebel_Alliance_Conversion_Kit

http://xwing-miniatures-second-edition.wikia.com/wiki/Scum_and_Villainy_Conversion_Kit

it's under the illicit upgrades section...

3 hours ago, joshthesheep said:

I personally find this extremely ironic and hilarious that Han is flying around with Jabba the Hutt, literally dumping his cargo all over the map.

Han: *Drops cargo*

Jabba: "What was that?"

Han: "Nothing, nothing. Everything is fine up here, how are you?"

1 hour ago, Bad Idea Comics said:

This tactic will be absolute gold once the Mining Guild TIEs come out.  Holy handgrenades, it'll be carnage.

May the forces of antioc be victorious. 

3 minutes ago, joshthesheep said:

ummm... the wikis for the rebel and scum conversion kits? and I was reading the cards at home?

it's under the illicit upgrades section...

Yes, it gives you the cards, NOT THE TOKENS

Edited by Cgriffith