Sign in to follow this  
AnarchyYo

Missing Quick Build Cards

Hey guys, finally my first post here. :)

I really love 2.0 so far and enjoy it quite a lot. I am more the casual type of player and I usually play with my wife and friends which brings me to my concern: No quick-build cards for wave 14. :(

We are all not really into list building which is the main reason 1.0 collected dust on my shelf. With the introduction of quick build cards in 2.0 the game finally gets the attention it deserves in my playgroup. Unfortunately wave 14 (Saw’s Renegades and Tie Reaper) are missing the quick build cards and as such are rendered more or less useless to us. ?

Is there any word from FFG on planning to release quick-build cards for wave 14? Or is there any source where I could get some quick build cards for those ships (even fan made would be awesome)?

Thanks a lot.

There was a post here with somebody's thoughts on a fan-made version:

I'm with you, though. I've got a large collection, but I've never played as much as I might like because I'm a little boggled by all my options (and, frankly, not that into list building in the first place). Especially so because I play with the kids in my family, so I'm often having to build lists on the fly that incorporate their whims about what ships look cool to them at that moment. I'm hoping that FF or the community jump on board and we see a lot of quick build love before too long.

I agree, and I admit that I'm kind of counting on the QB cards to make the game more of a "pick up a few ships and play" experience for me. 

I understand that in a way, it's the same as netdecking, but I'm not looking for a premade squadron so much as "here, try this out" builds for ships. (If that's something that exists, I'm just not far enough down the rabbit hole to know where it is.)

At any rate, there seems to be more enthusiasm for the quick build cards than I expected, so maybe we'll see more soon!

10 minutes ago, wifflebat said:

I agree, and I admit that I'm kind of counting on the QB cards to make the game more of a "pick up a few ships and play" experience for me. 

I understand that in a way, it's the same as netdecking, but I'm not looking for a premade squadron so much as "here, try this out" builds for ships.

Same. And i do understand the net deck = quick build argument but every time i see someone share a list it always feel like they are steeped in whatever the meta is (or finding the most OP combination of cards possible for those ships). I don't want all that. I dont need a squad that can play at worlds. I just need something easy to understand and fun for my wife and I to pick up and play a game with. Gimmicks are fine but its gotta be something that a less experienced player can execute on. 

9 hours ago, wifflebat said:

I understand that in a way, it's the same as netdecking, but I'm not looking for a premade squadron so much as "here, try this out" builds for ships. (If that's something that exists, I'm just not far enough down the rabbit hole to know where it is.)

At any rate, there seems to be more enthusiasm for the quick build cards than I expected, so maybe we'll see more soon!

Netlisting is only really frowned upon if you consistently just play whatever is currently dominating regionals or whatever won at Worlds. Seeing a cool list and trying it out for yourself isn't really netlisting, even if you copy the list exactly. I can't imagine anyone would judge you for using the quick build cards to assemble a list quickly, it's the entire purpose. I also suspect they'll be decent but never optimal, but I haven't got any games of 2.0 in yet. 

Honestly, I like building my own list and I'm still pretty pleased by the quick build cards. It seems like an easy way to let someone new try out the game without restricting them to the less interesting "two TIEs against an X-Wing" setup, which I feel isn't a very accurate reflection of what the game is like with actual lists. And if you don't feel like coming up with a new list but you do want to play, they might be very convenient. 

On 9/18/2018 at 9:36 PM, Hockeyzombie said:

Netlisting is only really frowned upon if you consistently just play whatever is currently dominating regionals or whatever won at Worlds. Seeing a cool list and trying it out for yourself isn't really netlisting, even if you copy the list exactly. I can't imagine anyone would judge you for using the quick build cards to assemble a list quickly, it's the entire purpose. I also suspect they'll be decent but never optimal, but I haven't got any games of 2.0 in yet.

Honestly, I like building my own list and I'm still pretty pleased by the quick build cards. It seems like an easy way to let someone new try out the game without restricting them to the less interesting "two TIEs against an X-Wing" setup, which I feel isn't a very accurate reflection of what the game is like with actual lists. And if you don't feel like coming up with a new list but you do want to play, they might be very convenient. 

not worried about being "judged." What i meant was i've seen people say not to worry about lack of quick build cards cause you can always "net list" but its been my experience that for pick up games for my wife (who's the only person i know who plays xwing less than me) they are too gimmicky and complicated and often min/max using several expansions i don't have or don't have in quantities to play (can proxy the cards but proxying the ships themselves feels very "whats the point of this?") so having official quick build cards is very appealing to me. 

On 9/19/2018 at 5:36 AM, Hockeyzombie said:

Netlisting is only really frowned upon if you consistently just play whatever is currently dominating regionals or whatever won at Worlds. Seeing a cool list and trying it out for yourself isn't really netlisting, even if you copy the list exactly.

Net listing isn’t frowned upon period, except by people who feel entitled to tell others how to enjoy their game, which is antithetical to “fly casual”. Creativity is celebrated in the community, but that’s not the same as frowning on imitation. And copying a fun list off the internet is the definition of netlisting.