Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Animewarsdude

3rd Imperial Int 6 Ace

Recommended Posts

So, at present the Rebels have 3 Int 6 Aces, Han Solo, Wedge Antilles, and Fenn Rau, and the Scum have 3 Int 6 Aces as well, Han Solo, Dengar, and Fenn Rau. But which OT faction only has 2 Int 6 aces? The Empire, so they likely need one. We know that one fighter that is coming to the game at somepoint will be the Heavy Tie so why not make use of the cut scene from Solo to give the Empire its third ace in Han Solo, Academy Hotshot? Of course doing this would mean that 4 of the 7 factions have one version of Han as one of their highest skill aces. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vader as a Defender pilot is the absolute dream, for me. God knows how much he would cost though!

Vult Skerris is a TIE ace in the Rebels TV show who has yet to appear in the game, and he serves as Thrawn's primary test pilot for the Defender chassis... he might be another solid contender.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really want to see Vult Skerris in the game. He is my number one pick for a new Imp pilot. I kinda think he should be a initiative 5 though, as he seems to be equal to Hera in skill, but I wouldn't be mad if he were the third i6 to level the ace playing field.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sionnach19 said:

Vader as a Defender pilot is the absolute dream, for me. God knows how much he would cost though!

Vult Skerris is a TIE ace in the Rebels TV show who has yet to appear in the game, and he serves as Thrawn's primary test pilot for the Defender chassis... he might be another solid contender.

We *need* Mareek back in a defender, and then we can discuss other options...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sionnach19 said:

Vader as a Defender pilot is the absolute dream, for me. God knows how much he would cost though!

 

1 hour ago, Cuz05 said:

I'm not sure 200pts would be enough!

 

If they follow the 70% mark up between the base generic for the chassis and the top force using ace on the chassis for Imperials (using Tie Advanced and Advanced prototypes point cost spreads as the basis for this estimate) Vader in a TIE Defender would be roughly 122 pts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, BVRCH said:

I really want to see Vult Skerris in the game. He is my number one pick for a new Imp pilot. I kinda think he should be a initiative 5 though, as he seems to be equal to Hera in skill, but I wouldn't be mad if he were the third i6 to level the ace playing field.

Whilst I'd love to see him in the game, he gets beaten by Hera in a way that I would at best consider him equal, not superior to her as a pilot; I wouldn't want to see him as I6, anyway.

Vader in a TIE/x7 - especially now Thrawn has shown that in a new-canon setting - would be very impressive. Based on the 20 point gap between Vader and Stele, I'd tentatively put him at about 110 (20 points plus a slight surcharge because of the x7's better action bar). You could argue "but then two Imperial aces are the same guy" but I would agree with @sionnach19 about his cost - if you field x7 Vader, it's not like you're going to be worrying about what 'else' is in the squad, any more than you can fit Han and Dengar and Fenn in the same squad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Magnus Grendel said:

Whilst I'd love to see him in the game, he gets beaten by Hera in a way that I would at best consider him equal, not superior to her as a pilot; I wouldn't want to see him as I6, anyway.

Vader in a TIE/x7 - especially now Thrawn has shown that in a new-canon setting - would be very impressive. Based on the 20 point gap between Vader and Stele, I'd tentatively put him at about 110 (20 points plus a slight surcharge because of the x7's better action bar). You could argue "but then two Imperial aces are the same guy" but I would agree with @sionnach19 about his cost - if you field x7 Vader, it's not like you're going to be worrying about what 'else' is in the squad, any more than you can fit Han and Dengar and Fenn in the same squad.

Yeah I agree. He is Hera level or worse. Like I said though, although I wouldn't necessarily agree with it, if they put him in the game as an i6, I wouldn't be flipping tables over it. I just want him the game regardless.

I'm not interested in Vader in a defender though. One; he'd be crazy strong and therefore super expensive, but it also takes away from his x1 version. I know people will argue "x1 Vader's value is his lower point cost", but I'd rather see a new pilot or one of the Royal Guard pilots re-enter the game than rehash Vader in a different ship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

 

 

If they follow the 70% mark up between the base generic for the chassis and the top force using ace on the chassis for Imperials (using Tie Advanced and Advanced prototypes point cost spreads as the basis for this estimate) Vader in a TIE Defender would be roughly 122 pts

I honestly think that might be cheap for what he could do in it. He would get so much out of the frame with his PS, pilot ability and Supernatural Reflexes. He'd be nigh on untouchable, I'm sure. 

I think I feel the need to proxy this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I sure hope they don't do an Imperial Han. I'm actually surprised Scum Han has Initiative 6, seeing as he is years younger and probably needs to learn to fly the Falcon a bit more. I wouldn't mind seeing the same pilot with differing initiative, depending on the ship and the pilots age. I don't expect to see Anakin Skywalker in a Naboo fighter at In.6. 

Back on topic. Mara Jade pilot?

Edited by Jaden Corr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

5 hours ago, nitrobenz said:

Han Solo: the miniatures game :D

Han Solo, Sabine Wren 2.0.

3 hours ago, thespaceinvader said:

They never had a third one before, why start now?

Because the Rebels and Scum both get to have 3, so the factions could be balanced out?

3 hours ago, Jaden Corr said:

I sure hope they don't do an Imperial Han. I'm actually surprised Scum Han has Initiative 6, seeing as he is years younger and probably needs to learn to fly the Falcon a bit more. I wouldn't mind seeing the same pilot with differing initiative, depending on the ship and the pilots age. I don't expect to see Anakin Skywalker in a Naboo fighter at In.6. 

Back on topic. Mara Jade pilot?

So much yes to Mara Jade, though they likely won't add her until LFL makes her canon again, if they make her canon again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm quite content with the two In6 aces we have. The Empire also has three In4 generics, which no other faction comes close to, and they're bad@$$ ships to boot (Interceptor, Phantom and Defender). 

Also, let's be honest here, Fenn Rau in a Sheathipede is a bit of a waste of In6. His ability is useful for sure, but he's not outflying anyone in that tub.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whenever they get around to doing a TIE Defender pack (assuming they will indeed re-release all the current ships), then Vult Skerris is a solid enough choice. He is established in canon as an ace flying a red-marked interceptor before being assigned to the TIE Defender project. I think this will be an easier sell for FFG than some of the other suggestions here because it's canon and related to Star Wars Rebels. It's also a spot to release the TIE Defender Elite, probably as a configuration.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...