Sign in to follow this  
Deagles

Rebel 2.0 Dials...

Got my hands on the 2.0 Core set and Rebel Conversion set.  While everything looks nice and very cool looking, I found that there seems to be a shortage of dials for certain Rebel ships...namely the vaunted T-65 X Wing.  There appears to be only two dials in the conversion kit, plus one from the core.   Problem is I own...

8 T-65 X Wings, 5 Y Wings, 4 A Wings, 3 B Wings.

Wondering where I can get my hands on extra dials for the X Wings and Y Wings without having to purchase another 2 Conversion kits?

Thanks,

Doug

Did you buy Saw's Renegades? That would be a forth dial for the T-65. What you are describing has been discussed a lot, and it does suck for some ships the conversion kit is lacking, but the kit isn't going to fill an entire list of one small ship for you. If that is what you want then you will need a second conversion kit. Also consider why you need all the extra dials. You can't fit more than 4 x-wings in a standard list. For the Y, B and A wings, search eBay or talk to locals to trade with. 

The part you may not have realized yet is that dials aren’t your main problem. The insert bases for most of these ships are laid out in a way that restrict what pilots can be flown together when you are doubling or tripling up on ships of the same type. A second conversion kit will be required no matter what you do if you intend to play seriously.

Edited by Boris_the_Dwarf

1 hour ago, Boris_the_Dwarf said:

The part you may not have realized yet is that dials aren’t your main problem. The insert bases for most of these ships are laid out in a way that restrict what pilots can be flown together when you are doubling or tripling up on ships of the same type. A second conversion kit will be required no matter what you do if you intend to play seriously.

Yeah, was sad to see that some of the arc pilots can't be flown together unless I get another conversion kit.

6 hours ago, KiraYamatoSF said:

Yeah, was sad to see that some of the arc pilots can't be flown together unless I get another conversion kit.

One of my favorite “fun squads” in 1.0 was something I called “Rebel Scum Swarm.” Basically it was all 4 Rebel TIE pilots backed up by whatever ship I felt like running that day. Can’t do that in 2.0 though, not without throwing more money away on cardboard.

13 hours ago, Mrk1984 said:

Did you buy Saw's Renegades? That would be a forth dial for the T-65. What you are describing has been discussed a lot, and it does suck for some ships the conversion kit is lacking, but the kit isn't going to fill an entire list of one small ship for you. If that is what you want then you will need a second conversion kit. Also consider why you need all the extra dials. You can't fit more than 4 x-wings in a standard list. For the Y, B and A wings, search eBay or talk to locals to trade with. 

Actually, we played 400pt battles alot of the time.  100pts were fine once in a while, but the 400pts were a blast and I rarely ran a capital ship...to many points.  Which is why I have that many ships.  Usually ran two flights of 4 XWings with one being a named pilot, other 3 were regular pilots...worked out well too.

Guess I'm just going to have to figure something out.  Good friend of mine, who ran the Empire in 1.0, is in the same boat.  Loads of Tie Fighter, Interceptors and such and not enough dials in the conversion kits.

13 hours ago, Chris Maes said:

You can't fit more than 4 x-wings in a standard list.

Why constrain yourself to only playing "standard" games?

Then use 1.0 dials instead?

If there is no constraint for standard games, then there is no reason to stick with ‚legal‘ material. Both dials are pretty much the same. 2banks are now green, and talon rolls are missing.

But if someone is using more than 3-4 xwings it will only be a problem when ALL perform a talon roll.

As for inlets... all you need is the arc, and the rest is unnecessary information.

1 hour ago, GreenDragoon said:

Then use 1.0 dials instead?

If there is no constraint for standard games, then there is no reason to stick with ‚legal‘ material. Both dials are pretty much the same. 2banks are now green, and talon rolls are missing.

The lack of Tallon rolls is quite a big deal and means that it would be pretty hard to use those dials in anything but a very casual environment. 

3 minutes ago, Covered in Weasels said:

The lack of Tallon rolls is quite a big deal and means that it would be pretty hard to use those dials in anything but a very casual environment. 

If he is playing 400 or 800 point games it can only be in a casual environment currently as epic has not been converted. I think there will eventually be an epic conversion that provides more generics and dials for each faction. Until then you could always use T-70 dials for X-wings so you only have to remember that the 2 bank is blue and 3 straight is white.

34 minutes ago, Admiral Deathrain said:

T-70 dials would work just fine, wouldn't they?

Comparing the T-70 to the new T-65 dials...they look like they'll work.  Just gotta remember what is blue on the new T-65 dials.