Sign in to follow this  
Games'n'Geeks

Future of 1.0?

I've played X-Wing years ago but stopped at around Wave 6 or 7 so there's a lot of ships I don't have from 1.0.  What's the plans for these products going forward?  Is FFG still going to make them and sell them?  Or is production being stopped and moving on to 2.0 going forward?

I don't really want them for 1.0 and I doubt I'll be playing much with 1.0 as I've felt the game moved away from how I liked to play it and I'm really only getting back into 2.0 to see which direction FFG goes this time, but I don't want to miss out on ships that may be 1.0-issue only.

All ships will be rereleased as 2.0 ships (not 100% sure about Epic stuff though).  Some models may be modified (like the X-Wings and Y-Wings were), but it should, overall, be improvements.  It was mentioned that things like the Aces packs with variant colored ships would not be replicated.  This doesn't necessarily mean there won't be 2.0 ace packs, just that you won't get the same paint scheme that were in the 1.0 packs.  So nothing will be 1.0 only, it just is a question of how long until there is a 2.0 version.

As an aside though, you can go on ebay, reddit, or whatever site you use for trading/buying and find a fair number of "ship only" sales that don't include any cards and just get you the ship, pegs, and base.  If you plan on buying a conversion kit for a faction, this could easily get you more of the ships you want without having to pay a premium for the cardboard bits.

Part of me wants to buy the 1.0 stuff just to complete my collection although that would be a very, VERY big purchase to catch up with all the ships even at just one copy per ship, but at the back of my head, a small voice is reminding me that I'll probably never play 1.0 anyway so eBay is indeed a very good option... or just wait for 2.0 re-release.

I can't remember if it was X-Wing or maybe Star Wars LCG.... is there a site that lists/shows what cards are included in each idividual ship pack?

52 minutes ago, Games'n'Geeks said:

Part of me wants to buy the 1.0 stuff just to complete my collection although that would be a very, VERY big purchase to catch up with all the ships even at just one copy per ship, but at the back of my head, a small voice is reminding me that I'll probably never play 1.0 anyway so eBay is indeed a very good option... or just wait for 2.0 re-release.

I can't remember if it was X-Wing or maybe Star Wars LCG.... is there a site that lists/shows what cards are included in each idividual ship pack?

There is an X-wing wiki that gives very good information on what came in any particular expansion down to the letters on the included target locks. 

http://xwing-miniatures.wikia.com/wiki/X-Wing_Miniatures_Wiki

1 hour ago, That Blasted Samophlange said:

I heard they shipped all extra 1.0 stock to an Alderaan game store..

What a shame, I heard that shop was closed by Imperial Exterminators over an infestation of Kiliks. Must have been a bad infestation cause the whole shop is gone now. 

On 9/15/2018 at 6:02 PM, Games'n'Geeks said:

I've played X-Wing years ago but stopped at around Wave 6 or 7 so there's a lot of ships I don't have from 1.0.  What's the plans for these products going forward?  Is FFG still going to make them and sell them?  Or is production being stopped and moving on to 2.0 going forward?

I don't really want them for 1.0 and I doubt I'll be playing much with 1.0 as I've felt the game moved away from how I liked to play it and I'm really only getting back into 2.0 to see which direction FFG goes this time, but I don't want to miss out on ships that may be 1.0-issue only.

There are conversion kits for sale for all the 1.0 stuff.   You can fly all the old ships in the new version.   It's actually incredibly balanced.

There is a ton of old stock around the world and it will take a long time to burn through it.  I don't think you will have an issue with finding the older ships.  There are a lot of sales at the moment, too, to buy the older ships.   

There will be 2.0 reprints for most ships, though they said some might not get that job.  I figure eventually they will do all of them, but once again, there is a lot of old stock to clear out.

Does that help?

2 hours ago, Games'n'Geeks said:

That’s what I did, although thankfully there went much left I wanted - probably spent £120-150 finishing my collection once 2.0 dropped, just out of worry that 1.0 stock would run out.  Still might pick up Saw’s renegades based on others here suggestions, Lando’s Falcon would have been fun to own, but I don’t need it, especially with no 1.0 support.

I talked to the people in charge at Gencon,

1) 1.0 is done

2) epic is still being worked on

I will not quote which person I talked to but it’s more or less I would not count on anything being reprinted for 1.0. Everything will have a 2.0 counterpart with the conversion kits and the amount of ships around there is zero reason for FFG to revisit 1.0 anything. If FFG was stopping x-wing maybe there would be a massive reprint I doubt it though.

4 hours ago, nj3478 said:

Right now is great time to pick up some of those v1 ships;  some B&N's  has been selling some of their stock at 50% - 75% off.

Only some of the ships..  From looking last night i see the following 1.0 ships being sold at a discount;

At $3.73 - Tie Bomber and Z-93

At $7.47 - Tie Advanced, Tie advanced prototype, Protectorate fighter, Xwing, Y wing, T-70 xwing, and the E-wing.

At $7.48 - The YT-2400 and a Lambda

At $9.98 - Heroes of the resistance (YT-1300 and a T-70 xwing), VT-49 Decimator

At $10,46 - Tie fighter (reg), M3-a Syck interceptor

Everything else i see on their site is at cost...

1 hour ago, Cubanboy said:

I talked to the people in charge at Gencon,

1) 1.0 is done

So does that mean, that once stores run out of 1.0 stuff, that's it?

41 minutes ago, LTuser said:

So does that mean, that once stores run out of 1.0 stuff, that's it?

Yes. X-Wing First Edition is a legacy product line now. There will be no further First Edition products manufactured.

There does seem to be a ton of 1.0 stuff kicking around (with a few exceptions which ran out since the last reprint run) so I expect a lot of 1.0 stuff will be available at clearance prices before too long.  Once it's gone, though, it's gone.  And that's probably for the best.

(I already have a list of what additional ships I can field with 1 of each conversion kit, above and beyond my existing collection, in anticipation of said clearance prices ... I don't need more ships but, you know, we all need more ships, right?)

Edited by You Look Like A Nail

8 hours ago, You Look Like A Nail said:

There does seem to be a ton of 1.0 stuff kicking around (with a few exceptions which ran out since the last reprint run) so I expect a lot of 1.0 stuff will be available at clearance prices before too long.  Once it's gone, though, it's gone.

Guess the few ships i wish to get, to round out my HOAC collection, i need to be keeping an eye on, which stores Do sales on their stuff...  So far not really seen much.

now that the conversion kits are out, I imagine certain 1.0 ships are more viable to fly.

this could help stores get rid of extra stock as people will be filling out their conversion kits.

It would be nice if FFG replaced old stock for new for some smaller FLGS. but I doubt it.

15 hours ago, LTuser said:

Only some of the ships..  From looking last night i see the following 1.0 ships being sold at a discount;

At $3.73 - Tie Bomber and Z-93

At $7.47 - Tie Advanced, Tie advanced prototype, Protectorate fighter, Xwing, Y wing, T-70 xwing, and the E-wing.

At $7.48 - The YT-2400 and a Lambda

At $9.98 - Heroes of the resistance (YT-1300 and a T-70 xwing), VT-49 Decimator

At $10,46 - Tie fighter (reg), M3-a Syck interceptor

Everything else i see on their site is at cost...

You may find more ships on sale at your local B&N as they continue to restock their 50% discount bin.

4 hours ago, nj3478 said:

You may find more ships on sale at your local B&N as they continue to restock their 50% discount bin.

With the b&n membership and coupons a lot of stuff is 35% off ontop of any other discounts.

6 hours ago, nj3478 said:

I've looked at 3 local ones, several times each.  Not seen a single Xwing ship or product in those 'discount' bins yet.

BUT i will keep my eyes peeled.

Edited by LTuser

Unfortunately, I'm on the other side of the pond in the UK :( Anyone know of any sales going on here?

Thanks for the response guys.  If I understand you correctly, 1.0 is no more and FFG will not be making/producing any more of these ships but they will be making/producing 2.0.... so for example if I wanted to pick up a Tie Phantom and (in this fictional example) all the stock in the world is gone and nobody is selling a 1.0 Tie Phantom on eBay, I can wait for FFG to release a 2.0 Tie Phantom?

14 minutes ago, Games'n'Geeks said:

Unfortunately, I'm on the other side of the pond in the UK :( Anyone know of any sales going on here?

Thanks for the response guys.  If I understand you correctly, 1.0 is no more and FFG will not be making/producing any more of these ships but they will be making/producing 2.0.... so for example if I wanted to pick up a Tie Phantom and (in this fictional example) all the stock in the world is gone and nobody is selling a 1.0 Tie Phantom on eBay, I can wait for FFG to release a 2.0 Tie Phantom?

Yes

6 minutes ago, tsuruki said:

If you want 1.0 stuff you didn't own already, get it quick. FFG wont be re-releasing them for a while.

One thing I'm thinking about is that surely FFG will be putting new stuff in when they re-release the ships, right?  For example, the conversion kits has stuff for Phantoms, but surely that's not everything?  Surely when Tie Phantom 2.0 gets released, it'll have new stuff in it that's not in the conversion kits otherwise what reason would we have to buy the new Phantom 2.0?  Same goes for all the ships to be released for 2.0?