Blail Blerg

Do away with cards?

31 minutes ago, Blail Blerg said:

I think at this point I really just wanted the game to be full digital. Cards not even needed. Just a sheet. 

Then you change everything. Stats off? Change 

wording bad? Change 

Ich said the Same thing, but some people at the store Said, that they would stop playing.

1 hour ago, Blail Blerg said:

I think at this point I really just wanted the game to be full digital. Cards not even needed. Just a sheet. 

wording bad? Change 

When we're trying to perform a difficult manoeuvre through other ships and rocks...and you accidentally shove a rock and bump 3 ships...at these times I start thinking about how this would be much better as a computer game!

1 hour ago, Blail Blerg said:

wording bad? Change 

A huge number of players just quit because the cards dont have point totals on them. If you got rid of cards a lot more would quit too.

2 hours ago, Vontoothskie said:

A huge number of players just quit because the cards dont have point totals on them. If you got rid of cards a lot more would quit too.

[citation needed]

For me, in 1st Ed, I stopped using cards entirely and just played with a printout from YASB.  I did this because:

1. So many cards to play with (upgrade card spam) made packing/setup/cleanup take forever;
  2. Lots of cards were errata'd and the printout was at least up to date;
  3. The cards weren't so great looking anyway.

In 2.0, there are a lot fewer cards on the table, generally speaking, and the ones you do need I think are a lot more visually appealing and usable than the old ones.  So I'm actually switching back to using real cards instead of a printout.

But, YMMV, if you're having fun you're doing it right.

5 hours ago, Zura said:

Maybe in 3.0 when they learn to actually develop good digital content. But 3.0 is not coming in 6-7 years i assume.

I give it 18 months. 2.0 is the equivalent of D&D 4th edition - a needed update that was poorly executed and foolishly designed. The problems with the rollout are just the beginning of an exacerbated set of frustrations with the game. Prove me wrong FFG.

I mean for competitive we are going to use the app and printouts. But as for cards I am going to keep them. I'll put them in a binder in such a way that they could be ready for easy access in anything like campaign/threat mode.

6 hours ago, Captain Lackwit said:

[CITATION NEEDED]

No need to yell, use your inside voice.

There's several players in my area that are leaning away from converting to 2e. It's not an isolated occurrence. Not everyone is so madly in love with the 2e rollout that they burned their cards from 1e. The question is whether or not the small number of non-converting in my area, multiplied by all the players, will have any effect on 2e sales. 

Remember, inside voice.

2 minutes ago, Stoneface said:

No need to yell, use your inside voice.

There's several players in my area that are leaning away from converting to 2e. It's not an isolated occurrence. Not everyone is so madly in love with the 2e rollout that they burned their cards from 1e. The question is whether or not the small number of non-converting in my area, multiplied by all the players, will have any effect on 2e sales. 

Remember, inside voice.

By any chance were these players who flew nothing but brain dead rebel/scum turret and/or cancer lists?

There are zero Imperial players sticking with 1.0 as we have so many usable ships now. 

13 minutes ago, HolySorcerer said:

By any chance were these players who flew nothing but brain dead rebel/scum turret and/or cancer lists?

There are zero Imperial players sticking with 1.0 as we have so many usable ships now. 

Your first sentence just insulted a large portion of the player base. Well done!

For the second sentence, Captain Lackwit posted in another thread, "Citation Needed". From your second statement it appears that there exists polling data of every Imperial only player. I wonder if such data is available for the other factions.

I found cards in 1.0 a nice thing but over the time they became just a useless trash. We played just with printed A4 with all the cards or took out just the pilots and knew what everyone had. We played imperial aces so no brain dead. Going full app like in warhachine would push the game because they could change the cards and if you want them, just print them ad put them in a card sleeve with the original. Havin an app like war room where I can see what I have and my opponent has including health and everything before me would be much better. And if you want cards, you can, if you want app, you have it. 

But FFG would have to put some effort in it... the official app just seems like a trash to me.

Well I used to defend 2.0 but after some time I just stepped down and don't play the game anymore because the transition between editions seems pretty poorly done and I don't see any reason to play for like next half a year until I see in what shape the game is.

20 hours ago, spacebug said:

When we're trying to perform a difficult manoeuvre through other ships and rocks...and you accidentally shove a rock and bump 3 ships...at these times I start thinking about how this would be much better as a computer game!

I play exclusively on Tabletop Simulator. Cheaper and a lot easier to manoeuvre!