Jaden Corr

Is it only my Core Set, or...

Does it come with to little lock tokens?

Played an escalation game yesterday and had an R3 unit which should be able to have two locks on different ships at the same time. Problem is, my Core Set only provides 1 lock token (#1-6), whereas it provides 3 ID tokens per ship. 

The Wiki shows it should have 2 lock tokens of each number. I checked the video from BoLS again, didn’t see 12 locks on there though. Anybody else notice this?!

The core set only provides 6 tokens, but they are double sided (black on one side, white on the other) so you can tell them apart more easily. This is more than enough to cover the needs of the core set. 

Additional expansions you buy will typically come with additional target lock tokens. 

If you have the conversion kits and no other 2nd edition expansions, and you need more than 6 TLs in a single game, then you’ll have to use 1st edition target locks or improvise something else. 

Like it or not, such is the way things are. 

28 minutes ago, Jaden Corr said:

Agreed, it’s nothing jawbreaking. Yet the double sidedness means nothing actually, does it? With a 1 on one side and a 1 on the other, I can still only use 1. And with R3 I definitely need two of each.

Thats a good point never thought of that. Im using the old locks anyways. I dont like the number things in the bases.

You use two of the ID tokens on the base of the ship with either the black or white side showing, then put the corresponding black or white target lock token on the ship/obstacle that has been locked. The 3rd ID token IMO is to put on the pilot card so you can match the ships to the pilot cards. They probably did not think about having 2 different locks ?

Edited by Mirrimon

2 hours ago, Jaden Corr said:

Agreed, it’s nothing jawbreaking. Yet the double sidedness means nothing actually, does it? With a 1 on one side and a 1 on the other, I can still only use 1. And with R3 I definitely need two of each.

And Redline. They need 2 locks matching their ID as well. Or at least it would be nice. I just have old acrylics trailing Redline at the moment. 

Yeah the new target lock system bothers me. Putting number on generic ships is a hassle enough, I don't want to have to it for every ship. I think I'm just gonna use the old locks. And the old shield tokens... 

I love 2.0 but they really dropped the ball with the tokens. 

If you have access to a 3D printer you should look at this. Only shows 1 Lock token but it’s trivial to add a 2nd one. Print a set in several different colors and you’re set. Forget the “tombstones” and just put a colored ring (or turret marker) around the peg and another on your card. The lock matches color. Easy.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3053810

Edited by thomedwards

15 minutes ago, thomedwards said:

If you have access to a 3D printer you should look at this. Only shows 1 Lock token but it’s trivial to add a 2nd one. Print a set in several different colors and you’re set. Forget the “tombstones” and just put a colored ring (or turret marker) around the peg and another on your card. The lock matches color. Easy.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3053810

For those of us without a 3d printer I have been kicking around the idea of using key cozies or colored bases. No secret I hate the tombstones and in all honesty you don’t need them.

I played my first game of 2.0 and had the lock problem with R3. Love the new locks, hate that there isn’t enough of them. Add to that the lack of shields and ID tokens in general and it was a pain.

Then I opened my NEW Y-wing and it doesn’t have ID tokens or a lock. (The Fang and Solo Falcon both have IDs.) 

Edited by dadocollin

11 hours ago, dadocollin said:

Then I opened my NEW Y-wing and it doesn’t have ID tokens or a lock. (The Fang and Solo Falcon both have IDs.) 

As do the TIE Fighter and Slave 1. Could have understood if it only were the TIE Fighter and X-wing missing locks and ID tokens, seeing as they are in the Core Set, but the others...