CaribbeanNinja

2018 VASSAL Autumn Tourney - Completed!

So @Beginner2Winner vs. me ends with BOTH players tabled and a 595 to 460 for me.

Sadly my opponent was not on top of his game in the second half of our game, he would have beaten me or at least gotten a much closer result out of this.

We played my precision strike I ended up with 13 tokens. Thanks to Luke.

He destroyed 4 ships and 8 squads, I destroyed 5 ships and 2 squads.

We played a truely lengthy 7-ish hours? He said he would upload the log, some of the talking will be in German in ze logfiles, apologies but we are from the same city and bad habits and all.

Edited by Doppelganger

2 hours ago, Doppelganger said:

So @Beginner2Winner vs. me ends with BOTH players tabled and a 595 to 460 for me.

Sadly my opponent was not on top of his game in the second half of our game, he would have beaten me or at least gotten a much closer result out of this.

We played a truely lengthy 7-ish hours? He said he would upload the log, some of the talking will be in German in ze logfiles, apologies but we are from the same city and bad habits and all.

A note, since not a lot of people know this:

SWM Tournament Regulations v3.2 text version, Page 16 "End of Round"

• Mutual Destruction:

At the end of a game round, all of both players’ ships that are not flotillas are destroyed. The second player is the winner, but his or her Margin of Victory is 0.

Edited by Drasnighta

8 hours ago, Drasnighta said:

• Mutual Destruction:

At the end of a game round, all of both players’ ships that are not flotillas are destroyed. The second player is the winner, but his or her Margin of Victory is 0.

10 hours ago, Doppelganger said:

Wow, what a game! First of all, meeting Doppelgänger in this tournament was a funny surprise - we are both located in Hamburg and meet each other in our Armada-Ligue... Thus, I was a bit excited about our game: My first Vassal-Game, Doppelgänger is an experienced player (which has won our last Ligue) and he used Tokras DM List - which has proven its value.... 

Anyways, I had a list with tools against Squadrons, I was able to learn about the list due to Tokras experience so I could also formulate a plan... so I should have a fair chance. And the first half of the game went as planned: I neutralized his squads with my Tyco and Shara and the offer of my slicer-tool -transporter as sacrifice, so that my heavy hitters were able to come close to his ships without any damage. Knowing that I had no chance to win without tabling (as he could farm tokens much better than I), I pushed aggressively to kill both MC 80 and Yavaris. 

In Round 3, I had a very good position while Doppelgänger was a bit stretched, thus he could not command his squads well. But from here onwards, it went wrong... I was too excited about shooting and rushed forward without much thinking... While I was able to destroy all of his ships, I was also able to fly two ships from the board, loosing the game... Doppel continued to play concentrated and efficient, thus remaininng alwys extremely dangerous. Especially using the mission (Precision strike) to his advantage was one of his specialities...

Great game with a great opponent. I had great luck with my extremely hot dices, while Doppel rolled ACCs always in the wrong way (many ACCs if he had no use for them, no ACCs if he needed one...).

@Drasnighta, thanks for the clarification. So what are then our final points if MoV is 0?

Here is the link to the blog: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-lnNiOhkMSn9Y5oWeqCJXQHw5iuM4vJx

Best, 

Beginner2Winner

Edited by Beginner2Winner
insert missing quotes, change typo

8 hours ago, Drasnighta said:

• Mutual Destruction:

qtd2avR.jpg

That be me. Funny is that this means, as long as greenie avoids a 6:5 in his match, we are going to play winner and loser of Tokra vs Darth Veggie. And since I stole Tokras fleet, Veggie and B2W will face the SAME fleet in round two. (I think not one hundred sure on this)

Edited by Doppelganger

1 hour ago, Doppelganger said:

That be me. Funny is that this means, as long as greenie avoids a 6:5 in his match, we are going to play winner and loser of Tokra vs Darth Veggie. And since I stole Tokras fleet, Veggie and B2W will face the SAME fleet in round two. (I think not one hundred sure on this)

Konstantine accepts nothing but the 10-1

5 hours ago, CaribbeanNinja said:

na west pairings round 2

MandalorianMoose v. pt106

madhatter v. xanderf

thecactusman v. Angry Ewok

Captain Weather v. itzSteve

comatose v. themightyhedgehog

Outboundflight v. Rikash

Clontroper5 v. Mogrok

Captain ICT v. Cael

Rhysen v. Karneck

YAY we get an early start!

@CaribbeanNinja

@svelok vs @Wax Maniacal ends 480 - 226, for a 254 MoV to me.

@geek19

Not exactly sure what info you need, but I killed the ISD and Demo, earning a table of the Gozanti + squads (none of which died before that.)

Losses on my side were both flotillas, the CR90, and Admonition, leaving two MC30s on the table.

6 hours ago, CaribbeanNinja said:

na west pairings round 2

MandalorianMoose v. pt106

madhatter v. xanderf

thecactusman v. Angry Ewok

Captain Weather v. itzSteve

comatose v. themightyhedgehog

Outboundflight v. Rikash

Clontroper5 v. Mogrok

Captain ICT v. Cael

Rhysen v. Karneck

Thanks for all the great TO'ing so far Ninja! 

For the next round will it be ok to start a new thread with all the pairings and scores in the OP? It's nice to be able to follow progress of the round :)

Green Knight vs emfrank ends 8-3 (260 to 47) to me.

Close to a 9-2, but not quite. King K wanted a 10-1 anyway, but those speed 4 rebs are slippery...

emfrank was 1st player and we played my Dangerous Territory.

I killed 3 TRC vettes and 2 YT-2400, and picked up 5 tokens.

He killed Mithel, Ciena and picked 1 token.