CaribbeanNinja

2018 VASSAL Autumn Tourney - Completed!

15 hours ago, Captain Weather said:

We were scheduled to play last week but Hedgehog had a last minute commitment come up which he needed to attend to (Curse you real life! We just want to play space ships!). 

I’ve hit up Hedgehog earlier in the week about rescheduling our game but he is yet to get back to me. I would assume we’ll play sometime over the weekend though. 

I'm really looking forward to seeing how this match plays out. Quite a few heavy bomber Yavaris builds with very similar squad contingents but we two main 'flavours' in this tournament are Yavaris + AFFM FCT Pelta and Yavaris + FCT MC80.

There are 8 lists in this tournament with either identical or very similar squad builds. The 'original' Royal Canadian Air Force (RCAF) was from @Roquax in last Autumn's Vassal tourny (have I got my Armada history right here?)

RCAF: 

Ten Numb

Corran Horn
VCX
VCX
Luke
Dutch
Gold
Dagger (the original actually was just a B-Wing)

@Roquax is again flying RCAF with Dadonna and Yavaris but this time supported by 3 Hammerheads.

@themightyhedgehog @RapidReload @RikkiP and I are all flying Yavaris with an AFFM+FCT Pelta with @RapidReload and I running variations of RCAF.

@Captain Weather @Tokra and @Doppelganger have identical fleets apart from Weather adding a Medical Crew to Yavaris. All three have RCAF + Yavaris + FCT MC80.

So does RCAF fly better with an MC80 or with a Pelta? We'll find out soon :)

17 hours ago, Captain Weather said:

We were scheduled to play last week but Hedgehog had a last minute commitment come up which he needed to attend to (Curse you real life! We just want to play space ships!). 

I’ve hit up Hedgehog earlier in the week about rescheduling our game but he is yet to get back to me. I would assume we’ll play sometime over the weekend though. 

Something this weekend for sure. Yay for mirror matches!

Angry Ewok vs Mogrok 

159-62 for 97 Mov to him. 

Played his Most Wanted.  He picked Radus and gave me one of his flotillas. 

I killed 2 flotillas and lost Leia and my Ordnance Cruiser from being picked apart.   Good placement of his sqns to deny me on the drop (top of 2).  I probably should have waited another turn.  Great game.  No sqns were killed.  Only shot at them once I think.  I have a log file but I have no way to share it. 

LTD vs @medaloffairness has ended 10-1 in LTD's favour.

The score was: 490 vs 146 (edited: I forgot engine techs cost 8, not 7. Sorry)

LTD lost 2 flotillas and 1 ETRC90, 1 VCX, and 2 tokens.

Medal lost Raider, 2 flotillas, the ISD with Jerry, and 1 Tie fighter.

Medal had the bid and chose my fire lanes. I spead them across the table and controlled them with my VCXs, keeping one of the squads on the  station to enable movement of the token.

My Engine Tech corvettes rammed the Raider to death, then rammed both flotillas to death. The TRCs ate away at the ISD, before Rieekan delivered the death blow. I lost one Corvette to a combination of blue range Kuat, Jonus, Avenger, and CF token for reroll.

A good game with a fine opponent - medaloffairness will think twice before choosing fire lanes perhaps...

I will post a logfile / video report at another time.

Edited by LTD
To correct the score by 1 point

@TheCallum vs @NairoD

18:212

We played precision strike.

@TheCallum lost:

ISD with Tarkin - 185

Jumpmaster 2000 - 12p

I gather 1 Mission Token - 15 p

@NairoD Lost:

2* Tie Bombers - 2*9=18p

We played our first games on Vassal. It was very long game but we learned interface. We, no I had 2 rules issue but both times I was wrong (mainly because I was convinced it works like something because once judge said so on tabletop tournament - many thanks to guys that was waching and helped me)

@TheCallum good luck in tournament.

run to bed

3 hours ago, LTD said:

I'm not looking forward to matching up against any of the European 10 pointers, nor even the 9 pointer. Blast my exuberance!

I think at the moment I'd rather draw you - I find asymmetrical games more interesting :)

Plus you also play fast - at least you did while I was observing! But I'm sure whoever I play it will be fun. Looking forward to the next round!

Thanks LTD for your patience during our game. This was my first game on vassal on you helped a lot.

The game itself was an eyeopener in many dimensions. My ambition to be first player is gone for a while now :-).

It would be great if you can upload the log file or send it as PM if you don't want to give a sneak peak into your strategy for the next round.

Good Luck for the next round