CaribbeanNinja

2018 VASSAL Autumn Tourney - Completed!

Vassal Log of the game

@BrobaFett defeats RealVeers with a Score of 251 - 72 (MoV 179 points, 8-3). We played his Close Range Intel Scan and he managed to score 5 Tokens.

He lost his Quasuar-I, I lost 4 Hammerheads and Shara/Tycho.

It was a learning experience for me, Thrawn Bombers smack my poor boys up a lot as I cannot do anything against his runs for at least 2 turns due to Thrawn.

Broba is a chill opponent and I really enjoyed playing vs. him. Best luck in the rest of Swiss :)

Thanks @Ginkapo for streaming and the spectators for watching! Also a great thanks to the 5 guys supporting me on FART. I was able to give 0.6 FART points a piece ❤️ 

Edited by RealVeers

3 minutes ago, RealVeers said:

It was a learning experience for me, Thrawn Bombers smack my poor boys up a lot as I cannot do anything against his runs for at least 2 turns due to Thrawn.

That Thrawn 2-ship is nasty. The squads can really put the hurt on, and Thrawn can keep up to three rounds of squad dials safe from slicers. 

5 minutes ago, RealVeers said:

Also a great thanks to the 5 guys supporting me on FART. I was able to give 0.6 FART points a piece ❤️

Hey, that's me! I'll take all the FART points I can get.

7 minutes ago, RealVeers said:

Vassal Log of the game

@BrobaFett defeats RealVeers with a Score of 251 - 72 (MoV 179 points, 8-3). We played his Close Range Intel Scan and he managed to score 5 Tokens.

He lost his Quasuar-I, I lost 4 Hammerheads and Shara/Tycho.

Broba is a chill opponent and I really enjoyed playing vs. him. Best luck in the rest of Swiss :)

Thanks @Ginkapo for streaming and the spectators for watching!

Hah I was just typing this up and got a phone call - thanks for doing it Veers. Awesome opponent, great game. Best of luck to you as well Veers!

@itzSteve vs. @OutboundFlight is complete!

Final score is 256 -201, MOV 55 to itzSteve.

OBF had the bid and chose my Contested Outpost. I moved my MC75 and Admo to the station to take early control. OBF had his Aspiration pretty much directly across from my MC75 and used both of his CR90's out wide to flank where I also had Salvation and Quantum Storm. QS went down early to the CR90B due to a ram and HIE. Salvation managed to get a timely nav command and token from Leia to escape the CR90B from taking it down as well in the next turn. From there, I was able to get a Sato double arc from Admo into Aspiration and then Admo took off trying to bring down Jaina's Light. It positioned nicely, but was unable to get a shot off and died to too many shots at it from JL, his A-wings, and the rear arc of Aspiration. My MC75 took down Aspiration with a Sato double arc and maintained control of the station. Salvation tried to follow Admo to help block in JL, but eventually died to JL rear and side arc shots and his A-wings. In the end I got 5 station tokens and OBF had zero.

Casualties:

itzSteve - Admo, Salvation, Quantum Storm, 2 x A-wings, HWK-290

OutboundFlight - Aspiration, 2 x A-wings

OBF was a very nice guy and I had a lot of fun. Thanks for the game! ?

@PodRacer Vs @Dupy finishes 194 vs 353 for an 8-3 in Dupys favour.

Neither of us played well, but I played worse, failing to capitalize on Dupys errors and then compounding them with my own. It took till the last activation of turn 6 for my demise to be completed, with My ISD Falling and giving up its Most wanted bounty on the way out..

@PodRacer Vs @Dupy

2 hours ago, PodRacer said:

@PodRacer Vs @Dupy finishes 194 vs 353 for an 8-3 in Dupys favour.

Neither of us played well, but I played worse, failing to capitalize on Dupys errors and then compounding them with my own. It took till the last activation of turn 6 for my demise to be completed, with My ISD Falling and giving up its Most wanted bounty on the way out..

194 to 353 for Dupy.

Mov 159

Pod racer came into the match with an obscene 20 pt bid, 5 activations, a Strategic advisor, and a kitted out Demo.  I was scared of him setting my fleet up for devastation.  I was lucky in that I out deployed him and could adjust my fleet to run away as needed.  Pod had first player and chose my most wanted.  

His ships were deployed with Demo on the far left, his Kuat in the middle, and insidious on the right, hoping to envelope me.  My Kittens were in the middle paired with my comms net, flanked by my raiders on both sides at the top of the table.  Demo was a little far to the side, so I chose his Isd as his MW ship and my Flotilla as mine.  

He started slow out of the gate turning his isd almost parallel to the bottom edge, just outside the deployment zone.  I got everyone on the left of the screen(across from Demo) up to full speed and cutting across from left to right leaving Demo out of the action.   My right 2 raiders slowed and waited for their moment to enter the fray.  

Turn 2, we got the easy activations out of the way, then I had to choose,  and I chose poorly.  I was trying to get as much fire into the isd as possible, waiting for it to come into range of my kitties.  I activated Jer Jerods ship which was an immense boo boo, as he was further back in the line up.  I had to crab him a little closer to the enemy in order to keep from playing bang up derby.  Being closer, Pod set up a great double arc by jumping insidious in.  Luckily, pod chose not to turn his isd Into the fray, that would probably have ended me.  I was able to drop my hie raider down and set up a close range double arc on the ISD.  

Turn 3, insidious unloaded his double arc into Jerry’s front.  By the might of the Brunson shield, and some poor rolling, I avoided any acm’s from triggering and lived with 2 health and a rear shield.  After activating, insidious was surrounded by 2 raiders, two kitties, a gozzy, and my squads.  He did not survive the turn.  I had to save my admiral instead of taking advantage of my hie raider.  He shot, and ran.  Demo’s attack failed to kill my hie raider, who managed to cause 10 total damage to the isd, stripping shields and getting some damage on the hull.  He turned tail and ran with 1 health and a rear shield.  I Sacrificed a rack raider blocking pods isd from moving into kill range of jer jerod.  My hie raider died because I am stupid.  

Turns 4+5 my blocking raider died, demo rammed my flotilla to death, The ISD ate a lot of red dice from my arquitens, and my other raider sailed by unable to shoot due to Pods’s ews.  The isd went last turn 5and first turn 6.  It had one health and shield was repairing while trying to flee.  It, however, was blocked in by rocks and Demo and it couldn’t escape a kitten.  A parting shot out the aft of 3 red trc dice ended the isd.  Demo finished just mm’s from blowing up my flagship, which would have mitigated the loss of the isd.  

Podracer, aka Antonio, played a great game and put up with my computer’s lag without complaint.  I always enjoy playing you Antonio, thanks for the challenging game.  

Madhatter501 beat me soundly, I think the final score was 400-26 (he destroyed all 398 points of my fleet, I just destroyed a 26 point GR-75). Neither of us were sure about the scoring, if we reported that wrong please let me know and I'll edit the post!

9 minutes ago, Cael said:

Madhatter501 beat me soundly, I think the final score was 400-26 (he destroyed all 398 points of my fleet, I just destroyed a 26 point GR-75). Neither of us were sure about the scoring, if we reported that wrong please let me know and I'll edit the post! 

Tabling is a full 400, plus any objective points. Who was first player and what objective did you play?

Mando Moose v Rhysen ends 480-79 in my favor. It was a very fun match, though he was in a bit of a bad spot with no squadron cover. He took first player and picked my Station Assault. He killed my quasar and the game ended turn 4 with table and both stations still alive. Thanks for the game and best of luck in the rest of the tournament!

@CyborgNinja and I just concluded. I took first player into his Capture the VIP. Ended with Demo, both of my Gozantis, and Hand of Justice dead for Foresight, Bright Hope, and a CR90B on his side. VIP remained on the table so it's 210-209 my favor. Cyborg was a great opponent and his patience waiting for my idiocy cost me a lot. Best of luck to him going forward.

Gamefile log here