CaribbeanNinja

2018 VASSAL Autumn Tourney - Completed!

Cactus (barely) wins 400-317.

-edit - we played his contested Outpost.  Morna and Maarek burned through the smaller targets, but didn't get enough before the combined might of Profundity and TRC Raddus burned down both combat ships.

Edited by thecactusman17

8 minutes ago, thecactusman17 said:

Cactus (barely) wins 400-317.

-edit - we played his contested Outpost.  Morna and Maarek burned through the smaller targets, but didn't get enough before the combined might of Profundity and TRC Raddus burned down both combat ships.

It was a bloody affair, with ships on both sides constantly teetering between life and death

I managed to wipe out Tooka on turn 6.

500vp to 186.  10-1 for me.

I slow rolled the Contested outpost.  The turn he decided to jump, he did so with Cracken who got shot up.  After that ships started to melt.  His Yvaris was a thorn and did some damage, but Crackens death was the end of him too.

We had a couple of rules disputes...I shoulnt have bothered as I was wrong.  Settled before the knockdown dragout.

51 minutes ago, Deadshane said:

I managed to wipe out Tooka on turn 6.

500vp to 186.  10-1 for me.

I slow rolled the Contested outpost.  The turn he decided to jump, he did so with Cracken who got shot up.  After that ships started to melt.  His Yvaris was a thorn and did some damage, but Crackens death was the end of him too.

We had a couple of rules disputes...I shoulnt have bothered as I was wrong.  Settled before the knockdown dragout.

Her

On 9/14/2018 at 9:29 PM, CaribbeanNinja said:

Deadshane (10) v. Explosive Tooka (1) 314 MOV

14 minutes ago, Deadshane said:

are we supposed to email ninja with results?  Or is posting it here enough?

I'm updating the round scores on the first page as y'all post results here.

The rules disputes continued for most of the game actually. It was very frustrating. I was way too nice on letting him get away with stuff simply because I was tired of arguing.

And I didnt just leeroy Jenkins in cracken. He was at full health with two other cr90s and would have survived if he didnt catch a double arc due to sloppy play on my part, several hours in, because this game took six hours for no good reason.

Edited by ExplosiveTooka

53 minutes ago, ExplosiveTooka said:

The rules disputes continued for most of the game actually. It was very frustrating. I was way too nice on letting him get away with stuff simply because I was tired of arguing.

And I didnt just leeroy Jenkins in cracken. He was at full health with two other cr90s and would have survived if he didnt catch a double arc due to sloppy play on my part, several hours in, because this game took six hours for no good reason.

YAY VASSAL!

sorry about the rough game, those can suck

1 hour ago, ExplosiveTooka said:

I tried to watch it.... so slow...

1 hour ago, ExplosiveTooka said:

What was the rules dispute?

6 hours, ugh...

2 hours ago, ExplosiveTooka said:

What kind of disputes? Were any of the judges available?

---

I Have You Now - An opinionated blog about all things Star Wars: Armada

Vassal SW: Armada – Online play

Armada Discord server

36 minutes ago, mhd said:

What was the rules dispute?

6 hours, ugh...

21 minutes ago, Green Knight said:

I think it was qbts vs. Obstruction

8 minutes ago, Do I need a Username said:

I think it was qbts vs. Obstruction

QBT add dice to the attack pool:

Gather battery dice.

Remove die from obstruction.

If nothing left, cancel attack.

If at least 1 die left, roll.

Add a blue.

---

I Have You Now - An opinionated blog about all things Star Wars: Armada

Vassal SW: Armada – Online play

Armada Discord server

Edited by Green Knight

To be fair, game time wise, tooka, you were fiddling movements something fierce.  Your moves took a LONG time.

I dunno how you were so generous, I relented in your favor quite a few times.  Dcaps were done properly, on activation, Quads, I took your word that you contacted gink.

I never ARGUED with you, Im sorry you felt things got heated but whatevs.  I had my own misgivings about your play....like when Im concentrating on my turn and your constant blowing up the screen with your measuring  of distances and arcs of fire from ships/redoing fighter moves/and those ship moves GEEZ and YOU were frustrated with slow play?

My fleet literally shot or didnt, then moved the ship '1'....every ship.

Look elsewhere to complain about slow play instead of trying to make me look like a ******.  Thanx.

Oh yea, and Cracken diving into the middle of 2 Quad Nebs and straddling front arc of a Pelta, all unactivated while you have downed or heavily damaged sheilds at close range is the very definition of Leroy Jenkins.

Edited by Deadshane

I agree.  I hadnt planned on saying anything.  Obviously, I had my own beefs....but the game was over and I didnt see a point in airing the crap.

I agree...."if you dont have anything nice to say....", that doesnt mean I wanna sit back and be badmouthed.

Her 'review' wasnt much fair to her opponent.  Sorry if she felt I was arguing with her.  That wasnt the case.  Only 3 rules disputes happened, two went in her favor w/o a judge and the third was  a misunderstanding on what was going on on her part.

I was like whatevs...she apparently wasnt.