CaribbeanNinja

2018 VASSAL Autumn Tourney - Completed!

2 hours ago, PT106 said:

Madhatter501 vs PT106 starting now

And it's done with 10-1 win to me (400 Mov)

I managed to table my opponent while not losing anything. I feel that was a bad matchup for my opponent that was doubled down by his deployment (Demo was matched against AF2s and ISD was matched  against flotillas)

Log file

Edited by PT106

@Angry Ewok played our game last night. I chose his Intel Sweep. He won in a grueling squad fight 195 to 107, MoV 88, 7-4. All that died were all his squads, all my squads except one YT and Norra, and my GR75. Everything else stayed pretty cagey the whole time. His dice were hot, and my dice were cold the first couple turns of engagement. That makes for a bad day when you're attacking A-wings. The attrition went his direction early game, and I was only able to turn things around in the late game. By then, the squads weren't in a position to be bombers.

It was a great game, and we're hoping to play again soon. :)

4 hours ago, CommanderDave said:

Good summary. You correctly read my intentions, not that I was trying to hide them ;). I would argue there were two turning points, one when I didn't kill Demo during round 2, which would have put another shot from my Demolisher into the Interdictor and potentially changed your calculus on ramming it, and when I missed the double arc. I did some playing in what of the logfile I did get, and it looks like it was impossible, at close range at least. Great game, thanks for the writeup.

Dupy vs  @Dr alex  just finished up.

Dupy overcame the horde of imperial squads to beat the Doctor 400-108.  

MOV 292 for Dupy. 9-2 win

I was first and played Dr Alex's jamming barrier.  The dust fields and barrier stretched across the middle of the table.  We deployed opposite each other, he had pryce set up for round 2 on his ISD.  We both ran right up to the barrier and clouds the first turn.   Turn 2, His tie advanced squads and  Soontir violated the line of   death in order to kill Mythel and attack Valen Rudor.   That put the quarter in the pac man game.  I started gobbling squads.  by the end of turn two he was short the 3  tie advanced who killed Mythel. Instagator was holding his other anti squad forces, and rudor was amongst the bombers.   His Pryce turn left my Impetuous in enemy teritory and smoking with one hull. 

The fur ball near the end of turn 2.

image.png.3063db10b1727598289487bb36831b23.png

Turn 3- impetuous unloaded his racks into the quasar but chose to flak the bombers back, killing one with his impetuous shot,.   He bailed, but rhymer and 2 other bombers shot him in the back.  Kallus raider and Instagator killed the other advanced and Soontir with his ex racks.  Instagator also tied up the bombers that had killed Impetuous.  Dr, Alex popped my flotilla that was there as an impediment.  The quasar took more fire and was out of tokens half over the barrier.

Intermission....

Turn 4- I had a choice, killing the quasar would have been ideal, but I needed 3 natural hits plus a trc die out of my Needa Kitten to overcome brunsen.  Possible.... but if i missed, Needa would sail into a double arc of the isd and the quasar.  So, I let the quasar flee and shot more squads.  The quasar spread damage around on needa and kallus.  I figured his isd would sail off into the sunset safe and sound, but he turned that pony around and charged my fleeing Jerry kitten.  Needa sent some damage at the quasar then lined up a double arc to start the next turn.  My raider II HIE set up to pounce on the unsuspecting ISD.  

Turn 5- Rude surprise.  Taggee!!!!  The quasar gained it's redirect token back, plus brunsen made me use the full double arc,cf, trc off my Needa kitten to just kill the quasar.  I was hoping to start plinking the ISD.  I took hull damage to utilize Jer Jerod and get needa outta there, and weather the ISD double arc from side and back.  the ISD sped up to 3 and into range.  My kallus HIE raider scored a successful volley stripping some shields and lined up for a double arc to start the next turn.  Instagator moved hoping the ISD would charge into range.  A double arc from Jerry's kitten stripped the remaining shields and brace token.  

Turn 6- Kallus unloaded into the ISD all straight to the hull, leaving it at 3 health, then fled behind a dust cloud.  A blunder with Taggee's commands left the ISD with a repair command and it sailed just into range of Jerry's side arc, who finished the ISD off.   Leaving one tie bomber and Dengar with no where to land.  

I thank Dr Alex for the great game.  He  was a gentleman and played well.  Cheers.

(I lost my comms gozzy, mythel, rudor, and Impetuous raider I with racks and OE)

Edited by Dupy

@Dupy that was the most charitable write up of a game I have ever seen. If I had done it it would have been:

Dupy played well and deservedly won, I made every conceivable error I could including stupidly getting my ISD killed by using a repair dial I had thought was a nav to shift shields away from the arc I then put in range of a TRC kitten

Drumtier 56 - 440 Ginkapo

Played my Salvage Run. I lost a Tie Advanced, killed Aspiration, sent Profundity of the table and rammed Garels.

My ISD moved once all game from its spot battering anything which poked its nose beyond the dust cloud after Tie Advanced softening. Konstantine is life, Konstantine is love.

Edited by Ginkapo

9 hours ago, Ginkapo said:

Drumtier 56 - 440 Ginkapo

Played my Salvage Run. I lost a Tie Advanced, killed Aspiration, sent Profundity of the table and rammed Garels.

My ISD moved once all game from its spot battering anything which poked its nose beyond the dust cloud after Tie Advanced softening. Konstantine is life, Konstantine is love.

3 Games, 3 points. That's a run! Oh, wait. We're not playing X-Wing here, are we?!

Shame, shame, shame. I feel sorry for everybody who not have traded me at the FART.

Sad fun fact: I could double my points by not playing at all in the next round! ?

@MandalorianMoose vs Rikash ends in a 9-2 (288 MOV) in my favor. I was second player and we played Contested Outpost. 

Turn 1 saw Pryce Quasar kill one of my Scout hammerheads despite denying the squall movement thanks to some poor deployment/movement choices on my part.  I knew what that particular squad ball could do but I did the dumb 3 times and lost my hammerhead as a result. As a result, I didn't get a contested outpost token turn 1. The next few rounds saw my scout hammerhead barely live through squadron mayhem and Sam's ISD drop to 0 to avoid getting whacked by double arcing MC80 and the scout. I aggressively moved the MC80 up to set up a double arc on the ISD and a side arc (Ackbar Slash!) on the quasar. My Hammerhead torp and scout also lined up shots with the Torpedo-head being at close of the Quasar. Sam made the right decision by NOT letting me shoot his speed 0 ISD, which let the Torpedo hammerhead get some major damage into the quasar (the first of many instances of crazy dice luck for me). After finishing the scout with squads (Rieekan to keep it up) the quasar moved into medium of my scout who promptly finished him off with more hot dice. Over the next two turns my MC80 ground down the ISD with double arcs while repairing like a mad man. APT to hull and rams accounted for 5 hull by the end of the game, but repair + EWS kept my shields relatively healthy. End of game came when I barely escaped the ISD front (with 3 hull and moderate shields remaining) by a hair and set up a nasty double arc that the ISD couldn't escape next round.

Thanks to Mando-Moose for a great game!

@CaribbeanNinja

@Nevole vs jp82729 finished in a 148-107 (6-5) close one for me. Nevole chose to go first and picked my fighter ambush. Pretty cagey game all around. My squads were able to put some damage one of the CR90s which was finished off by a ram from it's MC80 mothership. Jaina's Light escaped with some damage cards, and after that, it was mainly some circling with squadron on squadron action and flacking. Thanks Nevole for the game, and good luck next round.

What died for me: Gozanti, 3 TIE bombers, Maarek, Tempest and Mauler (also scored two fighter ambush tokens)

What died for Nevole: Non-Jaina's light TRC90, Bright Hope, 2 A-wings and 1 YT-2400

It looks like the next NA East round is about ready to firm up. From looking through everybody's list, the one that has done surprisingly well and that I would like to nominate as the most original would be @CommanderDave s list. It didn't fit into any archetype with low activations, rogues, and a throwback admiral (Screed!). I'd play him in the tournament, but he did much better than me.

Edited by mhd

10 hours ago, mhd said:

It looks like the next NA East round is about ready to firm up. From looking through everybody's list, the one that has done surprisingly well and that I would like to nominate as the most original would @CommanderDave s list. It didn't fit into any archetype with low activations, rogues, and a throwback admiral (Screed!). I'd play him in the tournament, but he did much better than me.

Hey thanks! I’ve been playing for about a year so most everything is equally new/old to me. I’m thrilled about how well the list has performed against both squadron heavy lists and the no-squad opposition.

Pod vs B2W has (finally) finished after a six hour game.

7-4 in B2Ws favour 100-25.  We played his capture the Vip.

This game was essentially a single pass joust, B2W killed my 2 gozantis and captured the Vip, I (over)killed Bright Hope.

B2W deserves maximum respect for playing through my outrageously slow connectivity issues, Infact it took us four hours to complete the first two turns, without any engagement.

We re commenced today and thankfully my connection was abit better, But after the Pew pew had stopped, My Isd and demolisher where Crippled by ruthless dodonna apt strikes and forced to disengage from the melee without causing B2W much inconvenience other than staying alive. 

I was able to manouvre my scarred ships away using P1 advantage, but never really threatened B2W outside of Insidious contesting the Vip token with a quick rush towards jainas light, forcing a couple of hull damage with rams.

B2W was a great opponent and deserved his win, and I wish him all the best in his quest to qualify for the world cup.  A competition I will likely miss this year unless I manage to take a miracle bounty once my ISP is dealt with.. =(

Thanks Ninja for Hosting... I guess my Quest to win a game will rollover into the next tournament!!

@Themightyhedgehog and I finished our round with a 6-5 280-258 win in his favor. 

The game was fairly close the whole way through, even with round 4 seeing his Pelta and two flotillas die. He got the best of me when I rammed Toryn to death with my own ship, then I failed to focus on Yavaris who escaped with 1 hull left. He farmed me for points the last two rounds. I believe he only had 6 tokens going into round 5 and ended with a total of 12. Very fun match, and he was an awesome opponent to fly against.

Hedgehog lost: Luke, Ten, VCX-100, Pelta, and 2x flotillas.

I lost: Toryn Flotilla, Shara, Tycho, 3x A-Wings

@thecactusman17 vs @xanderf is a wrap.

6-5 win for Cactusman, with 20 MoV

Lost on my side were:

• 0/8 squadrons
  • 1 ship (not the flagship, but still...I only have the two, so...*ouch*)

Lost on his side here:

• 0/0 squadrons
  • Hammerhead corvette
  • GR75

(4 objective tokens to me, 2 to him)

Edited by xanderf

No lie, this game was decided entirely by the Vassal dice engine because OMFG this was stupid by the end.  I had somewhere around a 90-95% hit rate with all dice including anti-squadron dice.  @Xanderf could barely manage 50-50 despite Sloane boosting his dice outcomes for squads.

Trying to remember my vassal logs, so here's the one from this game:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8g7aSdSOqkeaHdOMHpKTEx0OXM

On 11/4/2018 at 1:05 AM, PodRacer said:

Pod vs B2W has (finally) finished after a six hour game.

7-4 in B2Ws favour 100-25.  We played his capture the Vip.

This game was essentially a single pass joust, B2W killed my 2 gozantis and captured the Vip, I (over)killed Bright Hope.

B2W deserves maximum respect for playing through my outrageously slow connectivity issues, Infact it took us four hours to complete the first two turns, without any engagement.

We re commenced today and thankfully my connection was abit better, But after the Pew pew had stopped, My Isd and demolisher where Crippled by ruthless dodonna apt strikes and forced to disengage from the melee without causing B2W much inconvenience other than staying alive. 

I was able to manouvre my scarred ships away using P1 advantage, but never really threatened B2W outside of Insidious contesting the Vip token with a quick rush towards jainas light, forcing a couple of hull damage with rams.

B2W was a great opponent and deserved his win, and I wish him all the best in his quest to qualify for the world cup.  A competition I will likely miss this year unless I manage to take a miracle bounty once my ISP is dealt with.. =(

Thanks Ninja for Hosting... I guess my Quest to win a game will rollover into the next tournament!! 

This was a really great game! The first approach was determined from the respect from the deadliness of the respective fleets. I wanted to avoid being in close range of the Kuat ISD as well as the side arcs of Demo. PodRacer feared Admo in combination with HIE from the MC75. While I was able to dodge his close range while putting out full admo-power in his ISD and Demo, I was not able to do the final kill. And after the joust, I was not able to catch him due to his great use of Ozzel and the disadvantage of being 2nd player. So I destroyed the Gozantis instead and rescued the VIP.

Great learning to see how fast the ET-Glads are… I was surprised to see Insidious ramming Jainas Light that quick…

PodRacer was a fantastic opponent and it was a very fun game!

I have made a log-file and will send a link to it later on.