CaribbeanNinja

2018 VASSAL Autumn Tourney - Completed!

11 hours ago, Ginkapo said:

Order66 kills Kuat, Quasar, Assault, Mauler and Black for a tabling with 2 tokens. 440 MOV

Ginkapo kills Raider II, Gozanti and both Advanced, gained two tokens and took an ISD to 2 hull.... some MOV that I cant be bothered to work out right now.

Salvage Run for the record

440 to 137 for the jamiest 10-1 I have seen in a while. Knew I should have bothered to kill that interceptor. 

This was more a "bumber car event" then a "spaceship fight". :)  I'm glad i choose Motti - otherways my spaceships had explode around my ears. Both off us rolled a lot of "blanc", but with the my very last shoot (1 red dice with crit, and a hull breach on the Carrier with no shields anymore) fortuna fliped the Game to my side. Otherwise this endless squads of Konstantine had bombed me to the cold, cold space.

Big THX to Ginkapo for good advice and a superfair game. I learnd again a lot, not least, that the game had the confirmed slogan "iffy"?

18 hours ago, Green Knight said:

It's never funny to see 11 black bcc dice (and dengar) coming your way...and u have 2 squads!

Green Knight vs @NairoD is a win for me, 8-3 MoV 147.

I was first player and picked his Contested Outpost.

I lost Dictor after an insane string of HIT/CRIT (but I'm pretty sure it would have died the round after anyway) and Suppressor. Mauler was killed by Ruthless flak from Victory.

NairoD was tabled in round 5.

Four tokens for him, one for me.

Read all about it: https://armadaihaveyounow.blogspot.com/2018/10/trials-of-konstantine-round-2.html

My main mistake was to choose Dictor bait. If I choose to attack ISD first then I should have chance to win this game.  I had to learn how to recognize threats to my fleet.

Afther this defeat I think I will be an tournament plankton :)

24 minutes ago, CaribbeanNinja said:

I'm extending the R2 deadline for various reasons. 

The new deadline is Sunday October 21.  Pray I don't alter it further :)

If a pair know for sure they'll be playing each other next round is it ok to play the match before the 21st? (Especially if scheduling after then looks a bit trickier!)

20 minutes ago, Zamalekite said:

If a pair know for sure they'll be playing each other next round is it ok to play the match before the 21st? (Especially if scheduling after then looks a bit trickier!)

Yes, absolutely, but hold off on posting results until after the round officially begins.

Thanks!

I assume I will be top table next round. 

As feedback, Order66 was fun to play against, jokey throughout, a tad slow due to being newer but also happy to accept my rulings on the many iffy situations we had. :) self adjudication is wierd, given the result I hope I wont be accused of bias....

Konstantine doesnt help with a close ranged kuat against close ranged kuats. That said, combined with the dust clouds, he did drag out the game over 4 rounds of engagement by somewhat splitting the enemy kuats. Tie Advanceds are a bit lacklustre in firepower compared to the hull size of Motti. 

I pulled of a sensational self ram to land on a debris field and asteroid for 1 shield damage and 4 hull damage with my Quasar (plus 1 hull damage on kuat). If this isnt an achievement worthy of the joker entry into the finals then I'll be damned. 

Edited by Ginkapo

Realadmiralsdoitinspace (3) vs.  Medaloffairness (8) ends 25 to 225 with a MOV of 200.

it was an intense game with a lot of positioning. I went first and took his Solar Corona.
Realadmiralsdoitinspace flew in a very tight formation and scared the heck out of me. I postioned the Raider a bit aside, as I hoped he will split his formation... he didn```` t.

So I went all in with the raider and with the help of Jonus and Tie-fighters I was able to bring down the Corvette.

The moment of truth was in turn 4 when the Kuat and 2 Rebel ship were moving head on towards each other.

A lonely Gozanti wasn`t quick enough to escape the from Arc from the MC80 and went down in a single long range blow.

Bail had the correct timing but the Kuat with BT/AV combo plus JJs crazy maneuvers didn`t leave him a chance and cut the MC80 Battle Cruiser into pieces.

The Gladiator chased the Bright Hope Transport successfully. Also here JJ made the difference.

Realadmiralsdoitinspace was very helpful, as I joined the Armada train recently and had to look up a lot of Nav Charts and other relevant frequently. It is getting better from game to game.

Thanks you Realadmiralsdoitinspace
Good luck for the tournament

@Doppelganger vs me ends in a 8-3 (475 - 264 / MoV 211) in my favour. I was first player and we played his Sensor Net.

This time no words about the match from me, because I am still crying like a baby due to my stupidly bad dice.

However, as everybody knows, better than words from me is a logfile!

But even if dice are not pleasant, Doppelganger is a pleasant opponent!

Edit: For FART purposes: Doppelganger was tabled, I lost both CR90B and Quantum Storm.

Edited by Darth Veggie

It was a pleasure to play Veggie and he was a very good sport.

Suffice it to say I probably owe the RNG dice generator a bouquet of flowers. One hull left on My MC80H1 forced a ram on the MC80 instead of the Gr-75 with Adar (both one HP) and that made it possible for Luke Skywalker to actually hit /crit and then hit something and thus to KILL a ship after I was tabled. (That bouquet will probably bankrupt me)

On 9/15/2018 at 4:29 AM, CaribbeanNinja said:

europe pairings round 2

LTD (4) v. RapidReload (7) 107 MOV

Zamalekite (8) v. dr Alex (3) 183 MOV

Brobafett (8) v. dupy (3) 204 MOV

NairoD (3) v. Green Knight (8) 147 MOV

Aresius (6) v. Bantha (5) 15 MOV

Darth Veggie (8)  v. Doppelganger (3) 211 MOV

Tokra v. Beginner2Winner

Order 66 2.0 (10) v. TheCallum Ginkapo! (1) 303 MOV

Podracer (5) v. RikkiP (6) 0 MOV

emfrank72 v. RealVeers

Realadmiralsdoitinspace (3) v. medaloffairness (8) 200 MOV

drumtier (1) v. Dark Raver (10) 400 MOV

europe pairings round 1

Green Knight (8) v. emfrank72 (3) 213 MOV

Darth Veggie (6) v. Tokra (5) 16 MOV

Bantha (7) v. Order 66 2.0 (4) 82 MOV

Zamalekite (10) v. drumtier (1) 319 MOV

dr alex (9) v. Realadmiralsdoitinspace (2) 222 MOV

Doppelganger (6) v. Beginner2Winner (5) 0 MOV

Podracer (3) v. dupy (8) 159 MOV

LTD (10) v. medaloffairness (1) 344 MOV

Brobafett (8) v. RealVeers (3) 179 MOV

RapidReload (10) v. Dark Raver (1) 400 MOV

NairoD (8) v. TheCallum (3) 194 MOV

Aresius (8) v. rikkip (3) 158 MOV

When are the last 2 games happening?

On 9/15/2018 at 4:29 AM, CaribbeanNinja said:

SLOW PLAY:

Slow play is hard to adjudicate on Vassal since we don't use a timer, but 3 hours should be MORE THAN SUFFICIENT to complete a match. Add 30 mins if using text-chat only. If matches take longer than this, one or both players are guilty of slow play...

Guilty. ?

But i swear impovement. ?

?

This night, I was giving @Tokra a lection about the dangerousness of my list and my skills as player.

Ups, sorry, I've messed something up, it was the other way around... ?The result sounds nicer than it was, I was the mentioned one hull point away of a tabling. Plus that Tokra has forgiven me hundreds of small errors... 

Great game which I messed up from the very first beginning. I've learned that I need to change this mission to something which can be used without strategic squadrons. Plus I should have deployed differently but I had the image in mind that I would be able to get the tokens. After round 1, I was in a not-to-nice position and without tokens... I've tried to adjust my plans to this situation and to avoid his squadrons but pushed not hard enough on this plan. Thus, he was able to shoot but I had a too bad position for doing damage against him.

Furthermore, my list likes being first player more and I am still not sure if choosing second player was worth it. Avoiding Tokras missions is for sure a plus but having not first-last is a clear downside.

Anyways, a very good game with a very great opponent.

Best,

b2w

Edited by Beginner2Winner
changed link to Tokra

@emfrank72 vs RealVeers ended.

It was a battle of MSUs with Mothma MC30 TRC90s vs Cracken's Crackenator of MC30 and Hammerheads. I went first and we played emfranks Capture the VIP.

The game end 158-66 (MoV 92 / 7-4 ) for the Crackenator of RealVeers. Link to Logfile

Emfrank was a nice opponent who had some bad luck with his YT2400 at the end, not killing Shara and getting 3 hits in return, dying in the last round. I had several HHs on 1 or 2 hull remaining aswell. He secured the VIP, but lost 2 TRC90s and all his fighters. Good luck in the last game and thanks for the nice game!

@geek19 FART: I killed 2 TRC90s, 2 YT2400 and Dash Rendar, he took down Tycho and got the VIP Token.

14 minutes ago, RealVeers said:

@emfrank72 vs RealVeers ended.

It was a battle of MSUs with Mothma MC30 TRC90s vs Cracken's Crackenator of MC30 and Hammerheads. I went first and we played emfranks Capture the VIP.

The game end 158-66 (MoV 92 / 7-4 ) for the Crackenator of RealVeers. Link to Logfile

Emfrank was a nice opponent who had some bad luck with his YT2400 at the end, not killing Shara and getting 3 hits in return, dying in the last round. I had several HHs on 1 or 2 hull remaining aswell. He secured the VIP, but lost 2 TRC90s and all his fighters. Good luck in the last game and thanks for the nice game!

@geek19 FART: I killed 2 TRC90s, 2 YT2400 and Dash Rendar, he took down Tycho and got the VIP Token.

Europe matchups will be posted soon.

europe pairings round 3

Zamalekite v. RapidReload

Green Knight v. Brobafett

Aresius v. LTD

Darth Veggie v. Order 66

Tokra v. Bantha

dr Alex v. dupy

NairoD v. Dark Raver

medaloffairness v. RikkiP

RealVeers v. Doppelganger

Podracer v. Beginner2Winner

Emfrank72 v. Realadmiralsdoitinspace

Drumtier v. Ginkapo

Edited by CaribbeanNinja

An Imperial Question (Level pale blue):

What happens if "Avenger" meets "Admonition"?

Could "Admonition" discard Defence Tokens anyway?

greetings

Order66 Beta (maybe more Alpha Phase ?, for sure i´'m pre-Alpha anymore)