CaribbeanNinja

2018 VASSAL Autumn Tourney - Completed!

Myself vs @rasproteus ends in a 400-57 tabling for myself.  I won the roll off for 1st and chose Rasp's SC.  Some incredibly fortunate dice rolls managed to turn the game in my favor.  Great opponent and a great game.  Somehow Devastator dropped 5 damage at long range on raider at speed 0, then finished for a ram.  Later, an incredibly unlucky roll allowed my flagship to survive and cement the tabling.

Log file here?

Hedgehog defeats @comatose 460- 447.  It was an absolute bloodbath, with Comatose farming a flotilla, making it alone worth 119 points.  I wiped up all his squads and eventually got the table, but gave him a TON of tokens.  I tried to farm the pelta the last turn but pulled a structural which ended it.  Great opponent, good game.  I saved the log and will figure out how to post it.

Cael squeaks out a victory against Captain ICT with him being first player and choosing my Advanced Gunnery objective, final score 277-242. It was a brutal slugfest with 2 Liberties on each side and no squadrons. He destroyed both of mine, but my MC75 arrived late game to finally put its expanded launchers to use.

Karneck v Rhysen Game ends round 5 with a double tabling. I was 2nd player, playing my Contested Outpost, 6-5 in Karnecks Favor with an MOV of 0.

Some good shooting by both sides.
My ISD was destroyed before it could activate by the last shot Rhysen could throw, while I had just enough squadrons in range that all managed to put on exactly enough damage to finish off his last remaining ship. Very great play from Rhysen. This puts us both in the realm of likely not earning enough points to advance to the cut after round 4, but learning experiences are great regardless! 

Edited by Karneck

4 minutes ago, Karneck said:

Karneck v Rhysen Game ends round 5 with a double labeling. Contested Outpost, 6-5 in Karnecks Favor with an MOV of 0.

Some good shooting by both sides.
My ISD was destroyed before it could activate by the last shot Rhysen could throw, while I had just enough squadrons in range that all managed to put on exactly enough damage to finish off his last remaining ship. Very great play from Rhysen. This puts us both in the realm of likely not earning enough points to advance to the cut after round 4, but learning experiences are great regardless! 

Thats 2 MAD games! this is MADNESS!

Got crushed by Clontrooper....

I almost forfeited before even playing and well that would have kept 2 more points from him lol. 

496-50  We both got the most wanted ships.   I chose first player.  He gets a 10-1 400 MOV. 

I played terrible...not playing rebels for 2 years has definitely impacted my game.  Although he hasn't played in a year so I have no excuse hahahaha.   All I killed was his goz... he tabled me.  Ironically I had a really good time and laughed a lot especially when his dice were on fire!  The only thing I did right was probably my radus drop behind his ISD...but even then those sqns just pound away.    All credit goes to him. 

And @CaribbeanNinja I'm dropping.  I just don't have the time or the interest to play it out.  Sorry :)  Hopefully by regionals I will enjoy playing the game again. 

Edited by Mogrok

oh and special thanks @Karneck for the sabotage of the game LOL.  (he forgot he was in the room and was working on something else and whatever he was doing was moving ships and stuff)   At least he could have helped me.  

Not sure why observer status allows that at all....

this isn’t a negative thing.  It was hilarious. 

Edited by Mogrok

4 hours ago, Mogrok said:

oh and special thanks @Karneck for the sabotage of the game LOL.  (he forgot he was in the room and was working on something else and whatever he was doing was moving ships and stuff)   At least he could have helped me.  

Not sure why observer status allows that at all....

Lock the room. Then u can kick the offender. Then open the room again.