Kandiak

For those as disappointed as I am in the X-Wing 2.0 apps please check out LaunchBayNext (iOS/Android)

I’ve had Launch Bay and Launch Bay Next since they first came out! Fantastic apps and should be the industry standard. 

I’ve also downloaded the FFG app and have it right beside Launch Bay. I’ve found myself doing more squad building in Launch Bay and using the FFG app as a searchable database. 

Doesn’t exactly matter what 3rd party apps you use if you have to submit your list electronically through the app for events. 

That being said, if launch bay next has a print feature, you may still be in business.

Edited by FlyingAnchors

37 minutes ago, FlyingAnchors said:

Doesn’t exactly matter what 3rd party apps you use if you have to submit your list electronically through the app for events. 

That being said, if launch bay next has a print feature, you may still be in business.

Sure I can suffer trough submission on the official app, but for list building and all that I’ll be on LBN.

Didn't like launch bay in 1.0. Don't like it for 2.0. My preferred app in 1.0 was x-wing squadron builder that went defunct around wave 11.

Since then I was using X-wing squad designer which is available for android from Google drive, not the play store.  It was updated for 2.0 so I'll be using that going forward.

29 minutes ago, ScummyRebel said:

Last I heard LBN didn’t let you take crew that needed another one first (like Maul in a list with Ezra). Has this been fixed?

The official app isn’t **awful** now that the biggest issues are fixed, but I’d like to compare them.

It is not, but I've filed a bug request for it. Awful is a relative word.

3 hours ago, Kandiak said:

It's MILES better than what was delivered on launch yesterday. It's free. And it was created by a single member (Andre Lind) of the community. Not to mention that it really puts to shame what seemingly a group of people built.

Does it only allow you to build squads using the cards you own?

44 minutes ago, Pooleman said:

Does it only allow you to build squads using the cards you own?

It does not as it doesn't track your collection, though I believe that is also the case with the official app despite it allowing you to enter your collection.

4 minutes ago, Kandiak said:

It does not as it doesn't track your collection, though I believe that is also the case with the official app despite it allowing you to enter your collection.

Hmm. For this reason alone I think I have to stick with YASB. 

2 hours ago, Arschbombe said:

Didn't like launch bay in 1.0. Don't like it for 2.0. My preferred app in 1.0 was x-wing squadron builder that went defunct around wave 11.

Since then I was using X-wing squad designer which is available for android from Google drive, not the play store.  It was updated for 2.0 so I'll be using that going forward.

This is EXACTLY my sentiment too. I preferred X-Wing Squadron Builder but it stopped being updated wave 11. I floated around a bit and tried X-Wing List Builder, Startactics, and Aurora but didn't like any of them. I tried YASB but didn't like it.  I stumbled upon X-Wing Squads Designer and used it heavily. I am glad the developer created a version for 2e.  It is what I will be using to build my squads.

1 minute ago, DarthMuz said:

I just saw this thread and started using Luanch Bay Next and I like it.  I just can't find where to delete a ship from a squad, or to delete a squad entirely.  Help?!

Swipe right to delete, left to copy. LBN works well- I use it to listbuild on my phone before transferring squads I actually want to play into the official app.

I liked Aurora more than LB for 1.0, but since Aurora is not keeping on with 2.0, LBN has been my go to. The UI is great, most of my complaints are some missing features. Not a big fan that it doesn't lock out uniques already in your list and doesn't track your collection, and mine glitches out and requires a restart every now and then. I also really liked the change pilot feature that Aurora had, instead of having to delete the ship and build from scratch - if its possible in LBN, I haven't figured it out. Tracking wins/losses with lists was useful too as I figured out what I wanted to play for tournaments.

LBN is good (and better than the official app, for now) but it has some growing to do still. Great start though!

Edited by dsul413