GalacticFist

New Legion Web Builder - Legion HQ

On 9/14/2018 at 11:53 AM, Squark said:

Interesting. I like the aesthetic, but it annoys me that the unit selection doesn't work when my phone is held horizontally (Landscape as opposed to portrait). Looks promising, though.

This has been fixed.

6 hours ago, Lochlan said:

I just experienced a bug on mobile. When using any of the expandable menus on units (add upgrades, move, delete, etc), I had to tap about one menu item above what I actually wanted to make a selection. So if I wanted to add Personnel to a unit of troopers, I had to tap on Heavy Weapon. However I have been unable to reproduce the bug. 

Very strange. Let me know if you encounter this again.

6 hours ago, Lochlan said:

Just wanted to add that I also noticed that, in addition to this "issue", it doesn't seem possible to move stacks down at all, no matter how many times I select it. 

Yea moving stacks is definitely not working as intended. This will be the next thing to be fixed. ?

23 minutes ago, clontroper5 said:

@GalacticFister Quick question, you mentioned you were going to work on making the lists save- able this last weekend, did you make any progress?

Yes I did make a lot of progress, but not enough to publish the feature yet, I'm hoping to publish that feature this week :). I'm glad people are still using it despite it missing key features. To reiterate, my top priority is getting lists to be savable/deletable/sharable (via link). After that will be a multitude of toggle-able features linked to the account such as inventories and stuff like that.

On 10/16/2018 at 5:04 PM, GalacticFister said:

Yes I did make a lot of progress, but not enough to publish the feature yet, I'm hoping to publish that feature this week :). I'm glad people are still using it despite it missing key features. To reiterate, my top priority is getting lists to be savable/deletable/sharable (via link). After that will be a multitude of toggle-able features linked to the account such as inventories and stuff like that.

thanks I hope you get lot use i like it a lot

As far as I've been testing it works perfect! Great work!

THANK YOU!!

P.S.

I'm totally hopeless with IT, but if there's any easy way I can help you translating something to Spanish, let me know.

Of course, only if you'd be interested in doing it in Spanish language too ?.

I love it!! My favourite builder to date, it looks clean and is easy to use. Aside from the obvious missing features i.e save etc. the only thing I'd like is when I pick someone it automatically leads into equipment for them instead of having to select them. I feel it would be easier to say no rather than having to go back in every time.

5 hours ago, Thraug said:

Weird behavior on android phones. Bar showing army name and points partially occludes the unit talleys.

Would it be possible to get a screenshot of this behavior? What browser are you using it in and are you viewing it in landscape or portrait mode?

8 hours ago, ThumperLOLZ said:

I love it!! My favourite builder to date, it looks clean and is easy to use. Aside from the obvious missing features i.e save etc. the only thing I'd like is when I pick someone it automatically leads into equipment for them instead of having to select them. I feel it would be easier to say no rather than having to go back in every time.

I kind of wanted to do this, my only question would be what upgrade category would the user be lead into first? The current application only allows the selection of a single category of an upgrade at one time. It could also be feasible to make the add upgrade button a hover over to reduce clicking on desktop browsers.

On 10/23/2018 at 4:17 PM, Crawfskeezen said:

I must commend you. This is a very well put together builder. I may suggest perhaps separating the command cards into a collapsable/expandable tab.

Thanks, the collapsible tab for command cards is on the list. ?

3 hours ago, GalacticFister said:

No worries. I've been using it all week and I did notice one other thing (sorry, I'm sure you're getting a ton of suggestions). A button to take you back to the army selector (where you choose Rebels or Imperials) at the top of the screen, like a home button would be great. Right now I'm just using the back button on the browser but it would be great If one could re-open the builder in a new tab to make multiple lists so one could compare them. Keep up the good work.

On 10/26/2018 at 4:01 PM, GalacticFister said:

Would it be possible to get a screenshot of this behavior? What browser are you using it in and are you viewing it in landscape or portrait mode?

I kind of wanted to do this, my only question would be what upgrade category would the user be lead into first? The current application only allows the selection of a single category of an upgrade at one time. It could also be feasible to make the add upgrade button a hover over to reduce clicking on desktop browsers.

Firefox, Galaxy 5. Portrait.

On ‎10‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 9:01 PM, GalacticFister said:

Is there any option to have it so that the right side of the screen displays buttons to the command sections? So if I click Leia, is then adds her to the army, then the right side of the screen has three circle buttons that you can click on to the relevant command section?

Just an idea, main thing about website design is that it should lead the user through each step.

Hello guys, I have made quite a few changes. There is a rudimentary implementation of Google sign-in so lists can be saved and shared. Clicking on the faction icon in the top left also returns to the home screen. I am working on some other features but mainly testing because I am sure there are bugs. There probably won't be anymore new features (aside from bug fixes) until after the holiday season.

1 hour ago, GalacticFister said:

Hello guys, I have made quite a few changes. There is a rudimentary implementation of Google sign-in so lists can be saved and shared. Clicking on the faction icon in the top left also returns to the home screen. I am working on some other features but mainly testing because I am sure there are bugs. There probably won't be anymore new features (aside from bug fixes) until after the holiday season.

This is Awesome! 

Btw I was trying to Copy a list and it seems the copy button on the Exporter doesn't copy the List, just some of the random Stuff like Title and point cost.

1 hour ago, GalacticFister said:

Thanks for the update! I did encounter a few issues, figured it's mostly bug swatting...

1) I created a rebel list, saved it. made a few changes, saved it again. Backed out to the main page (Thanks for making that a possibility), showed two instances of the list (the edited and pre-edited one). Deleted the first one. Then, I went to the Imperials... this is where it got weird:

First, the existing rebel list populated the roster. I could delete and add Imperial stuff though. 

Then I named and saved the list. Went back out to the main page, and only that new list was there (overwrote the original)?

>> Two issues: List building retains last thing built, and save function not fully up to speed.

2) Using the preview function-- when I press the copy, I see the note pop up that list was added to clipboard. But when I try pasting it somewhere else, it doesn't come up (what ever the last thing I copied is still on the clipboard. I can select the text and copy it. I've also had some issues with the preview function on a iPhone-- not being able to see/ pan around etc.

3) List saving-- related to first point, but I don't see where the lists are being saved, other than the last one I created. If I log out then log back in, I don't see previous lists.

I really love what you have going on, and appreciate the work you've been putting into it! The clean interface as great, and the ease of use is awesome. I realize that many of these problems are just the nature of programing and debugging and trying to add features.

All this testing on my end is through Safari on MacOS

18 minutes ago, Matroskin said:

Thanks for the update! I did encounter a few issues, figured it's mostly bug swatting...

1) I created a rebel list, saved it. made a few changes, saved it again. Backed out to the main page (Thanks for making that a possibility), showed two instances of the list (the edited and pre-edited one). Deleted the first one. Then, I went to the Imperials... this is where it got weird:

First, the existing rebel list populated the roster. I could delete and add Imperial stuff though. 

Then I named and saved the list. Went back out to the main page, and only that new list was there (overwrote the original)?

>> Two issues: List building retains last thing built, and save function not fully up to speed.

2) Using the preview function-- when I press the copy, I see the note pop up that list was added to clipboard. But when I try pasting it somewhere else, it doesn't come up (what ever the last thing I copied is still on the clipboard. I can select the text and copy it. I've also had some issues with the preview function on a iPhone-- not being able to see/ pan around etc.

3) List saving-- related to first point, but I don't see where the lists are being saved, other than the last one I created. If I log out then log back in, I don't see previous lists.

I really love what you have going on, and appreciate the work you've been putting into it! The clean interface as great, and the ease of use is awesome. I realize that many of these problems are just the nature of programing and debugging and trying to add features.

All this testing on my end is through Safari on MacOS

It's definitely a work in progress and I hope people will be understanding especially since I'm doing it on my own dime. Thanks for detailing the steps leading up to the issue and for being understanding of them! I'll try to resolve the glaring ones today if not this week.