Sign in to follow this  
Bakura83

I’m not moving to 2.0. What should I add before it’s no longer available?

These are the expansions I don’t currently own, obviously they appealed to me least, and with 2.0 now out I feel it’s now or never if I want the 1.0 version.  Are there any I’ve skipped you feel are a must for a hardcore Star Wars/casual x-wing fan who enjoys narrative and mission games and doesn’t really like competitive?  Any really cool upgrades/pilots I’m missing out on who also appear in Armada or Imperial Assault?

I don’t own:

- IG 2000

- Mist Hunter

- ARC 170

- Shadow Caster

- All of wave 10 minus Sabine’s TIE

- All of wave 11-14 minus the H-6 Bomber

Edited by Bakura83

On ‎9‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 1:35 AM, Bakura83 said:

These are the expansions I don’t currently own, obviously they appealed to me least, and with 2.0 now out I feel it’s now or never if I want the 1.0 version.  Are there any I’ve skipped you feel are a must for a hardcore Star Wars/casual x-wing fan who enjoys narrative and mission games and doesn’t really like competitive?  Any really cool upgrades/pilots I’m missing out on who also appear in Armada or Imperial Assault?

I don’t own:

- IG 2000

- Mist Hunter

- ARC 170

- Shadow Caster

This would be my priorities:

ARC 170 (all unique pilots, solid ship)

Sabine's TIE (all unique pilots, fun for narrative, solid ship) 

Shadow Caster (solid large ship)

Scurrg (overpowered in meta)

IG 2000 (you'll need 2+ to take advantage of brobots)

Mist Hunter (weak in meta, but fun thematically)

If you fly rebel, you may want to grab Saw's Renegades for the X-wing buff and pilots and you can even recoup some of the cost by selling the 2.0 stuff to a player who has migrated over as those pilots aren't available in any other X-wing set (and with the U-wing pilots).

3 hours ago, Darth Meanie said:

This would be my priorities:

ARC 170 (all unique pilots, solid ship)

Sabine's TIE (all unique pilots, fun for narrative, solid ship) 

Shadow Caster (solid large ship)

Scurrg (overpowered in meta)

IG 2000 (you'll need 2+ to take advantage of brobots)

Mist Hunter (weak in meta, but fun thematically)

they have sabines tie and scurgg. It's the other ships in the wave they don't

also the arc has 2 armada pilots.

Edited by Do I need a Username

1 hour ago, Kehl_Aecea said:

If you fly rebel, you may want to grab Saw's Renegades for the X-wing buff and pilots and you can even recoup some of the cost by selling the 2.0 stuff to a player who has migrated over as those pilots aren't available in any other X-wing set (and with the U-wing pilots).

Seconding this. It makes the X-Wings a lot more fun to fly and includes a U-Wing which you don't have if you skipped wave 10.

The 2.0 squadbuilder also revealed the existence of repackaged versions for second edition, which means this one may become unavailable sooner than the others (this is speculation on my part).

1 minute ago, Bakura83 said:

All good suggestions, thanks.  Hadn’t even considered Saw’s renegades, what especially about it makes xwings better?  Also, I may be misunderstanding but are you saying there is 1.0 AND 2.0 content in the set?

Yes, Saw's and the TIE Reaper came with 2.0 and 1.0 dials and cards. Saw's comes with S-foil modification cards for X-Wings, which allows them to boost and sloop with wings close (while reducing their attack to a 2) and Open grants them their full attack, barrel roll, and talon rolls. It also comes with the "Renegade Refit" which works for U-Wings and X-Wings which takes up a torp slot, reduces Elite Talents by 1 point AND grants access to 2 modifications (which will most likely be taken by the s-foils and integrated astromech, both of which are 0 points). 

Also, the X-Wings that come with Saw's have a great paint scheme and the first version of flappy x-wings... which 99% of the time don't work great without some labor to fix it... (the 2.0 X-Wings do the same thing, but don't have the same issues as the Partisan X-Wings).

On 9/14/2018 at 2:35 AM, Bakura83 said:

I don’t own:

- IG 2000

- Mist Hunter

- ARC 170

- Shadow Caster

Mist hunter is a really fun ship that has a lot of options... kinda weak overall but really enjoyable, particularly a Gonkin' Zuckuss with ptl. 

Arcs come with some fun stuff too

Edit: tie strikers are awesome and wookie copters are kinda broken but fun too

Edited by Vontoothskie