annedlrseown

Where are the shield tokens?

It is a bit annoying, for sure. We have charge and tractor tokens all over the cardboard but they couldn't swap 1-2 of each for some shield tokens. Seems like a weird decision. It's not game-breaking or anything as I still have my old tokens and the recent metal ones too. I suspect FFG were more concerned with getting the new orange/red/green shaped tokens in people's hands because the rules reference colour and shape of tokens so they were more important than shields. 

3 hours ago, annedlrseown said:

Maybe I’m missing something. I bought a core set, imperial conversion kit and a rebel kit and I only got 4 shield tokens!!?? 

If you‘d use the search function you could see that we had this topic.

You only need the double sided tokens for regenerations.

Plus, you will very very soon have again more than enough. In few months you will have way more than you need. So why be aggravated now?

6 hours ago, annedlrseown said:

Maybe I’m missing something. I bought a core set, imperial conversion kit and a rebel kit and I only got 4 shield tokens!!?? 

Yeah, people have been going on about this since GenCon.    

You take a red Sharpie and mark the side of one shield token.  People say that actually looks better than the new tokens, anyways. 

22 minutes ago, NerroSama said:

Those are the same, no need to convert them.

I was kind of hoping my Imperials would be able to use those upgrades without chasing the other faction ships from first edition.

I'll bite the bullet and get them, but it's a little disappointing.

Yeah, cardboard-happy FFG has seemed to have changed course a bit. I hope they give away a ton of acrylic tokens for prize support.

I just bought a red Sharpie to "X" one side of my old tokes, to be legit and yet look a little scummy at the same time.