Qark

1.0.1 Update Bugs

So the app is much better after the update but a new thread for bugs might help keep things organized.

I think veteran turret gunner and outmaneuver should be in second edition mode as they show up in the y-wing and the core set respectively but I can't see them.

On firefox the log in button gives me this error: (edit - I do NOT get this error on Chrome)

{"status":400,"error":"invalid_nonce","error_description":"This application requires you specify a nonce parameter","error_code":"API027"}
Edited by Qark
More info

Playing Favorites Game Mode. Scum Y-Wing: Drea Renthal… So a named pilot that has an ability that cannot be used by anyone other than generics is the Scum Y-Wing only pilot? Mentioning here because I'm really hoping this is a bug.

Does the app now export to FFG forums in the proper format?

TIE Advanced x1 - Darth Vader - 87 •Darth Vader - Black Leader (70) Fire-Control System (3) Afterburners (8) Sense (6) TIE/ln Fighter - “Howlrunner” - 43 •“Howlrunner” - Obsidian Leader (40) Elusive (3) TIE/ln Fighter - Academy Pilot - 23 Academy Pilot - (23) TIE/ln Fighter - Academy Pilot - 23 Academy Pilot - (23) TIE/ln Fighter - Academy Pilot - 23 Academy Pilot - (23) Total: 199/200 View in the X-Wing Squad Builder

EDIT: looks like it. Yay. 

The formatting is still pretty screwy though, at least using mobile. 

Edited by Herowannabe

2 hours ago, Hiemfire said:

Android App: No Glory Game mod still displays unique pilots as options.

The named pilots are options, but when you add them the app removes them and tells you it's an invalid selection.

It would be better if the illegal options were filtered from the list in the first place.

UI wise:

• Available pilots list and squad pilots do not file the whole "New Squad" frame.
  • Available pilots list and squad pilots list have their own scroll bar. As the "New Squad" frame has a fixed height, we have to handle two scroll bars to view everything.
  • Also with "New Squad" frame fixed height: to view it all, I have to zoom out to 80% on a 1440p screen or 50% on a 912p screen (screenshot below). Note that the "New Squad" frame adapt to the width of the browser window.

56mS7j4.jpg

Collection does not allow to enter models held by 1st edition and is not taken into account when list building (i.e. I can select 5 alpha stars even if the conversion pack has only 3). Not sure if this is a bug or a feature that is missing, but I assume the collection tab is there so that it can be taken into account?

Oddly, I'm seeing differences in functionality between the android app and the website.  Given that the app appears to be a simple browser to the web site that seems pretty strange.

I want to start a new Imperial Second Edition squad.   So no conversion kit ships.  On the website I see only the Reaper, TIE Advanced X1 and TIE/ln.  Perfect.  But in the app for the same squad I see everything Imperial, including the "fixed" <italic> bug around both the Alpha-class and Lambda class shuttle.

I tried clearing the app cache, and that didn't work.

Another minor (at least, IMO) issue: in the card database, if I filter for only Imperial cards, it is showing me all the Rebel and Scum upgrade cards (but not pilot cards).

Android bug/issue: 

I created a squad on the web site and saved it.  I then open the android app, go to my saved squads, and click the new squad.  Sometimes the screen goes black and stays that way.  I click my phones back button and end up on my home screen (the app appears to have closed).  Clicking the app to open it again puts me in the screen with the squad I clicked on before showing. 

It's very strange.

On 9/13/2018 at 8:11 PM, Qark said:

On firefox the log in button gives me this error: (edit - I do NOT get this error on Chrome)

{"status":400,"error":"invalid_nonce","error_description":"This application requires you specify a nonce parameter","error_code":"API027"}

me too the builder does not work with firefox I believe

On 9/14/2018 at 4:29 PM, LoTech said:

The M3A Interceptor does not save the selection chosen for the "Special" upgrade when you save the list.

This!

Somehow the upgrade is calculated in the squad cost when you add it. Then when you go to your squads, the upgrade is still calculated in the total point cost, but when you click on it to enter the squad, the cost is reset to only the shop cost and the upgrade is removed. So you have no idea what your squad cost is.

And when you try to add the upgrade again, the app crashes.