Sarge144

Line of Sight Calculator thread

Posted (edited)

On 12/1/2018 at 1:41 PM, R2DGon said:

Hi! I found a legal spot in the aftermath map which isn't shown as so in the line of sight calculator. Note this also happens with the two spaces just on the right (and a missing condition with the space on the left).

canvas.png

There was indeed an issue with the update to check for walls in between line of sight for our 2 corners.  I've update the code and now the two issues are fixed.  However, I can still see a bug form the first reported issue.

The method I'm using calculating going between points is off.  The top left corner of the attacker should be able to go through the corner just above and right the console, but there is a bug.  I'll start looking into this.

Thank you for bringing up this issue!

Aftermath.png.2156b21d75926c7892c975a86a7ffe33.png

Edited by Sarge144

On 1/4/2019 at 4:40 PM, Nitro33 said:

Hi. Think I found another strange illegal Los here. If defender goes 1 space down the Los is ok. Imho the attacker sees the left corners. If it can help improving. Your app became my  "tool  for  the  job" ;)

20190104_233322.jpg

You are correct.  There should be line of sight between the bottom right corner of the attacker and the left side of the defender.  There was indeed an issue with the update to check for walls in between line of sight for our 2 corners.  I've update the code and now this issue is fixed.
Lothal_Wastes.png.09cbf6dd8655891b10f282a4eed49a6d.png
Thanks again for reporting this issue!

I added a button to place the attacker and defender in the same square. And now selecting this will also turn on the 2 LOS checkboxes - there would be no need to select this otherwise 🙂

Edited by Sarge144