direweasel

Promo Damage Deck?

I have two promo decks that I got at Gen Con, and I haven't bothered opening them because the cards are just too big, imo.

I like the artwork, but the cards are just too big to be practical during a typical game, especially since you don't see the artwork during the game on most of the damage cards that are dealt, so seeing a bigger version of the back of the card seems kind of pointless to me. (If you're trying to deal only crits, you're doing it wrong.)

My FLGS only got a portion of the damage decks they were supposed to.  They keep telling me they are supposed to get the rest "next shipment". There have been about 6 "next shipments".  I'm bummed I probably won't end up getting one.

40 minutes ago, Juggerott said:

I can confirm, if you contact Asmodee they will send you free of charge the promo deck.  I just received mine in the mail.  Good work FFG on fixing the issue.

Did you pre-order from FFG or your FLGS?

9 minutes ago, Wh0isTh3D0ct0r said:

I have two promo decks that I got at Gen Con, and I haven't bothered opening them because the cards are just too big, imo.

I like the artwork, but the cards are just too big to be practical during a typical game, especially since you don't see the artwork during the game on most of the damage cards that are dealt, so seeing a bigger version of the back of the card seems kind of pointless to me. (If you're trying to deal only crits, you're doing it wrong.)

I gave them a few games to see. I've switched to the Core Set damage deck. 

I also dislike the big upgrade cards. The old cards could fit in a smaller space, and we had less cards that require charges. (Technically none, I mean cards that require tokens on them)

2 hours ago, Skitchx said:

What information did you give Asmodee? This is worth a try for me at least.

if you have a receipt, scan it and upload to their online claim form.

On 10/5/2018 at 12:54 PM, Skitchx said:

Did you pre-order from FFG or your FLGS?

I preordered at my FLGS.  I sent them the missing card request with a copy of my receipt.  a week later I had my deck.