direweasel

Promo Damage Deck?

1 hour ago, robert t said:

definitely they should do another print run and get them air shipped to the various distributors.

just another fail in the long line of 2.0 promises.

the person responsible for overlooking the whole release should be fired. incompetent twit.

standing this link

https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=26b517cc-1528-4fba-8d5a-378e14033040&jobId=251494&lang=en_US&source=CC3&ccId=19000101_000001

from two weeks ago (on the verge of the publication of X-wing 2.0, if one would note it) FFG started to seek a new Marketing Manager.

and this

https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=26b517cc-1528-4fba-8d5a-378e14033040&jobId=252326&lang=en_US&source=CC3&ccId=19000101_000001

is for their new Warehouse Administrator, from 5 days ago.

It looks to me, that some heads have already fallen, or are very like to fall soon...

5 hours ago, FalsePrincess said:

I received this email a few days before my pre-order of three core sets was shipped.

Nice ending there. Stores and international distributors should be voicing their displeasure to FFG and Asmodee. They (the stores and distributors) have unhappy customers and it isn't their fault. If FFG is gonna do something like this and put a potential strain on the relationships these groups have with their customers (I know that not getting a promo item isn't the biggest catastrophe facing the world right now but it isn't inconceivable that somewhere a person who got shafted might be a bit less trusting of their local store over this and take their money elsewhere; I know I had a brief moment where I thought 'I'm going to tell the store to stop holding my items and I'll buy wave one on eBay, so that way FFG won't make any money off of me for them'), they at least owe these stores and distributors an apology of some sorts.

42 minutes ago, EYEL1NER said:

Nice ending there. Stores and international distributors should be voicing their displeasure to FFG and Asmodee. They (the stores and distributors) have unhappy customers and it isn't their fault. If FFG is gonna do something like this and put a potential strain on the relationships these groups have with their customers (I know that not getting a promo item isn't the biggest catastrophe facing the world right now but it isn't inconceivable that somewhere a person who got shafted might be a bit less trusting of their local store over this and take their money elsewhere; I know I had a brief moment where I thought 'I'm going to tell the store to stop holding my items and I'll buy wave one on eBay, so that way FFG won't make any money off of me for them'), they at least owe these stores and distributors an apology of some sorts.

The only problem with this is it makes the local stores suffer and FFG still makes their money, unless of course you should happen to get some of those counterfeit game pieces they were making noise about awhile back. The bottom line is FFG dropped the ball here and arbitrarily punishing a third party who had nothing whatsoever to do with this companies greed and shortcomings punishes the wrong people. I mean you could buy online and quit patronizing your local store, maybe you can also play online when there is not a local store anymore. If you want to punish someone then don’t buy their product at all, purchasing somewhere else still fills the company pockets. Send your complaints and gripes directly to FFG if you want to try and make a difference, I know I have. 

I have tried to reach out directly.  I tried email, no response.  Assmodee customer service, received a reply saying this was not a missing or damaged component and they closed my case.  Tweeted to FFG and FFGop, and was told to email customer service at Assmodee, and we already see how that went.  All I want is some response from the company telling me one way or the other.  I can deal with a company that is full of crap as long as I know they are full of crap.  I guess I haven't been around long enough to have learned this already, but I don't need the same lesson twice.   Spelling errors intentional.  

On 9/24/2018 at 2:40 PM, nekomatafuyu said:

Meanwhile, I've just had a reply from Wayland Games stating that despite promising the promo decks to their customers, they were unable to get them from FFG. Now I'm waiting for them to explain why they didn't bother forewarning us if they were unable to complete our orders, and instead just hoping we wouldn't notice the missing item -.-

There have been stories about Wayland Games having problems fulfilling orders from my memory, going back to 2010. 

There are plenty of reliable retailers in the UK to order from.

16 minutes ago, Darth Seridur said:

There have been stories about Wayland Games having problems fulfilling orders from my memory, going back to 2010. 

Is Wayland online only or do they have a physical store?  AFAIK online retailers were n't ever getting the decks, only brick and mortar stores.  Both FLGS in my area got the decks.

2 hours ago, FTS Gecko said:

Is Wayland online only or do they have a physical store?  AFAIK online retailers were n't ever getting the decks, only brick and mortar stores.  Both FLGS in my area got the decks.

Wayland has a large physical store.

On 9/26/2018 at 10:57 PM, Darth Seridur said:

I've ordered from Wayland on and off for many years now, and for the most part they've been reliable enough. Even if a seller does have problems, I can be fairly easy going depending on how they deal with it - keeping me informed is good, keeping silent and hoping I don't notice missing items is bad. Sadly, Wayland took the latter approach.

A guy in town was worried about the possibility of not getting one, so he preordered from two different places. He wound up getting two damage decks that way, and then he gave me one. So that was pretty cool.

9 minutes ago, LordFajubi said:

Just out of curiousity how many of you that got them actually use them? Is it more nerd bling or do they see table time? How is it working out if you have a high hull ship putting 6+ full sized cards as damage markers? Honestly just wondering as even if I had one I doubt I’d use it.

I got one, but still use the regular damage deck. I have a template holder box with a little drawer for tokens and a standard damage deck, so the promo deck is too big on two counts for me. But I got it as a back up. I’m a bit of a worry wort when it comes to losing cards from a damage deck, so having a back up is a little peace of mind for me. Plus, I can also use it as a loaner for new players or if somebody forgot theirs. 

I might pull it out for special occasions, but most of the times i’d consider using it, space and portability are factors as well. 

2 hours ago, LordFajubi said:

Just out of curiousity how many of you that got them actually use them? Is it more nerd bling or do they see table time? How is it working out if you have a high hull ship putting 6+ full sized cards as damage markers? Honestly just wondering as even if I had one I doubt I’d use it.

Mine is still sealed and will remain that way. They are cool but, like others have said, take up too much table space. I wanted it for the collector in me more than anything else. there are a few guys in our playgroup that are using theirs.

They are to big, don't fit in my box nicely and take up way to much table room.

Pure nerd bling only used if I play at home.

I've seen one or two guys at my LFGS use them but I prefer using the normal damage deck just because it takes up less space. Its real cool though. 

On 10/1/2018 at 9:20 PM, Kehl_Aecea said:

I use them all the time... usually because I still have the standard deck in my core box and I KEEP FORGETTING TO PACK IT IN WITH MY GAME STUFF!

Same, I haven't used the standard deck at all yet, it's still in the core set box.

I'm starting to realise that the promo deck takes up too much space though, might have to switch.

Since my son and I play the game, and the conversion kits didn't include any damage deck, if both of us want to play we need one damage deck each, so the solution was to either buy two core sets or preorder one and get the preorder damage deck. Now we both can play while owning only one Second Edition core.

Sure it's bigger and takes more table space, but cheaper than buying another useless core set.

Will have to see if any have showed up at my FLGS when I go tomorrow for our weekly X-Wing night but they didn't get any of the promo decks at release and so far none have shown up after.

I was able to contact Asmodee through their website to claim a missing item and received the promo damage deck.  if you have a copy of your receipt, scan and upload it, and submit a claim.  So far many of our members have received their missing promo deck.

On 10/1/2018 at 2:49 PM, Animewarsdude said:

I've seen one or two guys at my LFGS use them but I prefer using the normal damage deck just because it takes up less space. Its real cool though. 

I'll use mine for a bit but I too dislike the size of it, so I'm only going to be using it until AllWings releases their alt-art damage deck (that will still be American mini-sized). 

So, the rumor is if you have a receipt and submit a lost/missing part report to Asmodee, you can get the deck mailed to you.  I did this and have been notified the deck is on it's way, however I can't confirm if it's the regular deck or the promo.  Honestly I'd be happy with either as the main reason I wanted it was so my daughter could play as well.  I'll follow u[p in a day or two when it arrives.

My old roommate that initially got into the game with me a year and a half ago didn’t want to have to buy the core, since he’s primarily a scum player. So I gave him my standard deck and I use my promo deck.

Is it too big? Probably. Last night while playing, I had the cards stacked on top of each other half of the time.

But they’re so pretty. 

Edited by SpiderMana