direweasel

Promo Damage Deck?

My FLGS told me that they were not informed that they were going to be charged for the preorder bonus decks until they shipped then only gave him a fifth of what he got charged for. So not only did I not get my preorder bonus he got screwed because he has no way to recoup the cost.

Pre-ordered back in July, no damage deck as I had to do an online order. But I know of at least one bricks and mortar store that didn't have any pre-orders but are selling the base set with the promo damage deck. Swore at time I wasn't going to pre-order but gave in, wish I hadn't now.

On 9/14/2018 at 7:34 AM, Ignithas said:

I haven't followed their social media coverage, so I don't know exactly. Here is the translation from the post from a Asmodee German worker:

-
So... I only say that:
"I won't convert to the second edition, this is only money making!"
"I buy only buy those things in english"
" I will remain with the first edition"
"****, only with an app? I am out of this!"

We only heard this all the time for the last months. We have followed the surveys on Facebook. We have read multiple Posts. Our retailers did the same. The "fanbase" has made it clear, that only a small part will follow.

You can't justify that with the missing communication for the damage decks. I have said at many occasions that local stores will have them, but that we don't know exactly how we will deliver the decks to them.

And this is not only our understanding. If the retailers have thought something else, there would have been preorders. But there were non. They had the same understanding as the community. There were only complaints and everyone lamented how stupid the 2. edition is.

The end of the song: The preorders were met. The after production is running.
-

This makes no sense.  In order to get the Promo deck you had to preorder.  By definition that means they knew the amount of decks necessary and have no excuse for a shortfall regardless of "negative feedback".  The simple fact is either their was a production/shipping issue, or there was a planning issue, but either way ignoring the problem and hanging out FLGS is not a way to build customer confidence.  Simply let everyone know what is going on and there may be grumbling, but it will be much less.

A FLGS in my area had 4 promo decks sitting out on the shelf on sale for $4.99 along with the rest of the 2.0 stuff. So I snagged one and now I have an extra. I feel sorry for you guys.

Edited by IceManHG

2 minutes ago, IceManHG said:

A FLGS in my area had 4 promo decks sitting out on the shelf on sale for $4.99 along with the rest of the 2.0 stuff. So I snagged one and now I have an extra. I feel sorry for you guys.

That's interesting, my promo deck had a big block of text that said "NOT FOR RESALE", which means to me that FFG specifically did not want game stores selling the deck instead of giving it away as a promotional item.

8 minutes ago, Nspace said:

That's interesting, my promo deck had a big block of text that said "NOT FOR RESALE", which means to me that FFG specifically did not want game stores selling the deck instead of giving it away as a promotional item.

Yep the decks all had NOT FOR RESALE on them. I specifically asked if they where actually selling them and they said yes.

The store didnt care.

Edited by IceManHG

The store I preordered with got their damage decks and Scum kits a few hours back but only received enough damage decks to go to the first 10 people. I live an hour away and was at work when they arrived, and the store isn't open 24 hours or anything. I might drive over tomorrow to pick up my stuff but if I go and there are no damage decks left I'm tempted to have them give me a refund and buy my stuff elsewhere. Then again, $150 for a core set and all three conversion kits is better than CSI at the moment, and that also includes entry into the next OP event (which costs $5 or a ship purchase), so it'd be kind of dumb to do that. So I don't know. 

EDIT: The store is open for two more hours so I decided to go ahead and go in, but I figured I should call first. The guy on the phone said that the first 10 people to place their pre-orders gets them, and I'm not in that group. They had 15 pre-orders and were allocated 15 decks but only 10 showed up. So no rush to pick any of it up then.

Edited by EYEL1NER

wow, sad to read and hear that many people did not receive their promo decks from the preorders.

Luckily I received mine from my usual (online) retailer.  Hope you all are able to claim them.  I like them as it is easier to read them for both my opponent and I.

So I caved it...I went i to my CoolStuff store today and bought 2.0 core set and all three conversion kits surprisingly they had the promo decks and were giving them out with purchases. They had a at least 15 of them in a drawer here in Miami.

The mess was up only when the single shops make chaos with their preorder. If you closed it in the endline fixed you did get the stuff without any problem. If you make bad costumer caring decision as retailer you could not make them up to the supplier. Most of flgs give xwing as per dead game long before may, when they won't able to mantain alive the local community, because ruined tournament basically thinking that with the only official kit the job was done. Resulting in the unsatisfactory experiences for casual players and to pro players because the events turn out to be shallow as the "usual" magic the gathering draft... which xwing minitures is not and could never and should never be. Players should come back home happy, whuchever they win or they loose. Or they will not come back again.

My FLGS was supposed to have promo decks for everyone that preordered by a certain date.  They got a total of four, and those went out on a first come first serve basis.  Needless to say, I'm pissed, and hoping they'll get more eventually. 

I received two yesterday with the core sets I pre-ordered from Miniature Market for my son and I.  I pre-ordered very late and didn't expect to see any with the reported shortages, so opening the box to two was a very pleasant surprise.

Meanwhile, I've just had a reply from Wayland Games stating that despite promising the promo decks to their customers, they were unable to get them from FFG. Now I'm waiting for them to explain why they didn't bother forewarning us if they were unable to complete our orders, and instead just hoping we wouldn't notice the missing item -.-

I received this email a few days before my pre-order of three core sets was shipped.

Hi *****,

Unfortunately we have some bad news for you with regards to your pre-order for the Star Wars X-Wing Second Edition Core Set.  

Fantasy Flight Games have significantly under printed the T-65 Damage Deck bonus item which was offered with pre-orders and both Australia and New Zealand have received less than half the quantities ordered.  Distributors were not informed by FFG until after their shipments arrived and have been told that no further decks will be made available.

Sadly this means that we will not be receiving enough copies of the bonus item for all our pre-order customers and unfortunately we do not have one to allocate to your pre-order.

We apologise for the disappointment caused by this, as gamers ourselves we know how frustrating this is. If you would like to cancel your pre-order please let us know.

Our distributors and us are contacting Fantasy Flight Games to express our extreme disapproval regarding this situation and are applying as much pressure on them as we can to try to get another print run made. In the event that more decks become available we will be sending them out free of charge to any pre-order customers who missed out.

Regards,

Hobbies Sales Manager

definitely they should do another print run and get them air shipped to the various distributors.

just another fail in the long line of 2.0 promises.

the person responsible for overlooking the whole release should be fired. incompetent twit.