direweasel

Promo Damage Deck?

I was under the impression that everyone who pre-ordered the 2nd Ed core set would get an extra promo damage deck.  However, my FLGS had no idea what I was talking about when I went in there today to get my pre-ordered copy.  Anybody else know what's up with that, or had a similar experience, or something helpful to share in that regard?

Thanks!

Third Party retailers had the option to add them to their orders of core sets for $5 apiece. Some retailers are eating the cost and giving them free with preorders, others are charging $5 to recoup the expense. It's odd that your local retailer didn't hear about them at all, though.

I picked up my stuff tonight. My FLGS said that the decks arrived at their distributor today and they expect it to be in the next delivery (or three). So possibly as early as tomorrow or as late as next week. No word on quantity or cost, though I'd pay the $2 or $5 or whatever; my FLGS has an emphasis on the friendly so I have no problem helping them on this.

Edit: My preorder deck came in with the next delivery on the 14th. I haven't heard of anyone at my FLGS not getting a deck, but I've not had a chance to talk to the staff much about it.

Edited by Nspace

5 minutes ago, heychadwick said:

There also seems to be a delay in Scum Conversions and the special damage deck.  Not sure what caused it or where it is, but it is happening to parts of US.

I’m hearing scum kits in the southeast have been delayed, the assumption is of course the hurricane. I know our scum kits are arriving tomorrow so there appears to have been some distribution issues with alliance, from what I was told the warehouse for our part of the country was the last to get scum and the promo decks. Everything else came in on Wednesday as planned. 

4 minutes ago, Vykk Draygo said:

I’m hearing scum kits in the southeast have been delayed, the assumption is of course the hurricane. I know our scum kits are arriving tomorrow so there appears to have been some distribution issues with alliance, from what I was told the warehouse for our part of the country was the last to get scum and the promo decks. Everything else came in on Wednesday as planned. 

I am in the South East, but I heard the news last week....before the hurricane was a factor.  

In Vienna our brick and mortar store got 12 damage decks for ~50 core sets. Online shops in the german region didn't get the amount of core sets they ordered and also no damage decks. After asking Asmodee about it, they said that FFG didn't send enough decks and because of negativ player feedback for 2.0 they misjudged the demand.

PS: Got Ninjad.

Edited by Ignithas

It's the same situation in Spain. Though here it appears that they have decided to cut off the smaller online sellers and they won't offer any promo deck, meanwhile the big ones do have them.

The biggest problem with this is that Asmodee/FFG refuse to amend their error or accept devolutions, they say it's a promotional item and will only serve decks until they last. Which is far from what it was promised, and now many people who bought a core set to split the decks and factions are left without a deck to play.

FFG should be offering an official explanation and a solution to all of this. With the launch of 2.0 they have lost a significant amount of players,  between this and the app fiasco they are going to lose people who were already commited to at least try 2.0.

27 minutes ago, Ignithas said:

In Vienna our brick and mortar store got 12 damage decks for ~50 core sets. Online shops in the german region didn't get the amount of core sets they ordered and also no damage decks. After asking Asmodee about it, they said that FFG didn't send enough decks and because of negativ player feedback for 2.0 they misjudged the demand.

PS: Got Ninjad.

Where the heck did they get negative player feedback, I know people complain about a few things but for the most part everyone was extremely excited for 2.0. after playing it for the last few weeks, I have to say I believe this is exactly what the game needed.

On topic, my FLGS got 6 out of the 12 they were suppose to get. I luckly got one of those, this was in central Cali.

Edited by Hujoe Bigs

3 minutes ago, Hujoe Bigs said:

Where the heck did they get negative player feedback, I know people complain about a few things but for the most part everyone was extremely excited for 2.0.

This. But if true, that would make the whole app-shenanigans even more awful. I mean, if you expect negativity, you’d expect them to assure they have a positive start...

1 hour ago, Hujoe Bigs said:

Where the heck did they get negative player feedback, I know people complain about a few things but for the most part everyone was extremely excited for 2.0. after playing it for the last few weeks, I have to say I believe this is exactly what the game needed.

On topic, my FLGS got 6 out of the 12 they were suppose to get. I luckly got one of those, this was in central Cali.

I haven't followed their social media coverage, so I don't know exactly. Here is the translation from the post from a Asmodee German worker:

-
So... I only say that:
"I won't convert to the second edition, this is only money making!"
"I buy only buy those things in english"
" I will remain with the first edition"
"****, only with an app? I am out of this!"

We only heard this all the time for the last months. We have followed the surveys on Facebook. We have read multiple Posts. Our retailers did the same. The "fanbase" has made it clear, that only a small part will follow.

You can't justify that with the missing communication for the damage decks. I have said at many occasions that local stores will have them, but that we don't know exactly how we will deliver the decks to them.

And this is not only our understanding. If the retailers have thought something else, there would have been preorders. But there were non. They had the same understanding as the community. There were only complaints and everyone lamented how stupid the 2. edition is.

The end of the song: The preorders were met. The after production is running.
-

Edited by Ignithas

I really wanted the promo deck, but after realizing its the normal size cards and not minis, yeah no thanks. The 2.0 cards and upgrades already take up a lot of room. If you got a bunch of hull (Decimator, Ghost, Bomber swarm) you now have a giant cluster of cards covering your stuff.

Edited by Jo Jo

9 hours ago, TheEldarGuy said:

Yes, I picked up mine and the deck was OK, but I saw a couple of decks that were put aside as they had some weird cutting error splicing the top of the deck.

So much for Quality Control. Something like that shouldn't have even left the warehouse.

They shouldn't have left the factory!