Sign in to follow this  
GILLIES291

Is the 2.0 Core Set really required?

1 hour ago, GILLIES291 said:

Northern Alberta Fort McMurray. So unfortunately not near those but if the envelope shipping is cheaper then a full core I'm still game haha.

Again thank you to everyone offering help and ideas to consider!

Yeah, unfortunately shipping is probably about equal to a new core... We have a Krayt in Edmonton but that's a bit of a drive... 

6 hours ago, direweasel said:

If somebody showed up at my table with templates they hand-drew lines on, I would walk away.  Just saying.  Maybe your crew is different.

If a grown man did that over something that minuscule I would laugh loudly. Just saying. 

I'm not getting a core set as I'm getting out of the Rebel faction and I already have TIE fighters. The damage deck is the main difficulty. It's saddening to hear how few alt-art damage decks are showing up with peoples pre-orders. If I can't find one for $10 or less, I'll be creating high quality replicas and passing them out locally to whomever needs one.

4 hours ago, Cerve said:

I know I come late to this news but wait a minute: did new templates changes from the old ones? So I can't use the old ones, right? How?

They have a line in the center, which is necessary for barrel roll, talon roll and decloak movement. These lines also help when aligning bumped moves. That's it, the rest is the same

The line isn't necessarily that "centered" though from what I've seen in the core sets. But I couldn't care less, just look at them at an angle (not perpendicular from above) and you are off by a few mm.