Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
xbeaker

Web App Bugs

Recommended Posts

In just 1/2 an hour of playing around I have fond the following:

Varients - Battle of Yavin seems to give the cards from Playing Favorites
                  Playing Favorites seems to have the pilots from Battle of Yavin
                  No Glory has only named pilots 
                 (for those keeping score.. that is all three of the varients that are incorrect!)

Cards - Missiles, Torpedoes, Turrets, and Cannons only list 1 range zone
              Cannons and Turrets have the torpedo symbol saying they do not get range bonuses
              Variable costed mods (stealth device, Shield upgrade, Hull upgrade) are showing as free

This is a web app.. seriously, how did these errors make it live?
 

Edited by xbeaker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Glucose98 said:

Lots of of internal testing, very little external testing with the actual users who always find your bugs in the first 5 minutes.  

I am a programmer.. If I sent a job for internal testing that had this many clear errors, I'd be written up.  If it made it to the end user, people would be fired.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, xbeaker said:

I am a programmer.. If I sent a job for internal testing that had this many clear errors, I'd be written up.  If it made it to the end user, people would be fired.

I'm also a programmer, and I don't have the same outcome :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, xbeaker said:

I am a programmer.. If I sent a job for internal testing that had this many clear errors, I'd be written up.  If it made it to the end user, people would be fired.

The errors so far are large and blatant... 

A lot of these should never even got to internal testing it should have been caught when the code was written.

It's really sad....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A common go live bug is pointing the production site to the wrong database (e.g. a test database). I mean, it's one of the obvious ones that you shouldn't make, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's what's happening here since the functionality seems to be more or less fine but the wrong stuff is showing up (or not showing up) everywhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Glucose98 said:

The PDF export claims its a newer version then the webpage

image.png.f6ddcc393d770a04f9d0a6b88b182f00.png

image.png.f71d49c0b9c0ed11c876f8633c3c2d8d.png

so my outside hope is they launched an old version to live, and will be able to quickly switch it out to the correct version..

We can dream cant we?
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is why a beta release should have been made at GenCon when the products were first available to some.  That would have given them a test audience of people who would actually use it, and give them a lot of time with a lot of feedback to refine the errors before the wide release today.  Even if we all had access to it and could do what we are doing right now weeks ago, it could have been much improved before the general public went to use it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...