Praetorate of the Empire

A New Era Begins... FFG Website Squad Builder Online!

10 minutes ago, VanderLegion said:

Contracted scout went back down to 50 instead of 52.  Only one I've noticed so far.

Maraudre added the gunner just fine for me.

And Slave I title loses gain stress requirement. Nice.

13 minutes ago, evcameron said:

Weird! Definitely just checked again and it's still not working for me.

Me, either, and it's not a local caching issue because I tried it in a different browser I'd never used before (in addition to clearing the cache in Chrome).  I wonder if they've updated some servers and not others, since the load balancer would usually send you to the same back-end every time.

7 minutes ago, Hylian100 said:

Second edition mode's not working properly.

Seeing this too the second edition mode is showing a whole load of random ships. Scum has no falcon but a Y-Wing, Quad Jumper & Z-95. 

14 minutes ago, PT106 said:

Looks like it requires a login to save, print or export squads, therefore no-go for me. Back to third party builders or pen and pencil method.

This at least is easy: it uses your forums login.  Same one you're using to post here.  WHich already exists.  Sooo...

Not to mention that 3P builders also need logins to save lists.

THere are DEFINITELY issues, but this is a baffling one.

I had extremely low expectations, and moderately high hopes.

When I heard that there wouldn't be a pre-launch public testing period, my expectations plummeted still further.

They have not been exceeded.

Even if this was working perfectly, I'd be using YASB 2.0, because it's a much more user friendly experience.  I want something bare bones and stripped down, that loads quickly, and has as much information in clear view as possible.

That is decidedly not this.

Not all cards are in no Engine upgrade.  Like the set up, but unfortunately without all of the cards it is not usable.  Also other versions not available it is really not acceptable.  they have had sufficient time to either have it completed or inform the community that it would not be available.  Releasing a half ready version is extremely poor planning and poor customer relations.  It is not a case of something is better than nothing.  Nothing is better with a proper explanation to the customer, especially with all of their hype.   

Edited by librarian101

Don’t mind me, just testing the “share” function of the site.

EDIT: hmm.... looks like it needs some work, at least on mobile  

<b>TIE/ln Fighter - “Howlrunner” - 43</b></br> &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;•“Howlrunner” - <i>Obsidian Leader</i> (40)</br> &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Elusive (3)</br> </br> <b>TIE/ln Fighter - Academy Pilot - 23</b></br> &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Academy Pilot - <i></i> (23)</br> </br> <b>TIE/ln Fighter - Academy Pilot - 23</b></br> &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Academy Pilot - <i></i> (23)</br> </br> <b>TIE/ln Fighter - Academy Pilot - 23</b></br> &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Academy Pilot - <i></i> (23)</br> </br> <b>TIE Advanced x1 - Darth Vader - 87</b></br> &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;•Darth Vader - <i>Black Leader</i> (70)</br> &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Fire-Control System (3)</br> &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Afterburners (8)</br> &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Sense (6)</br> </br> <b>Total: 199</br> </b></br> <a href="https://squadbuilder.fantasyflightgames.com/squad-preview/5aa46469-2cec-46f3-891e-547156811bf3">View in the X-Wing Squad Builder</a>

Edited by Herowannabe

How do you bring up a ship's dial in the builder? I can't seem to do it.

Also, YASB lets you swap out one pilot for another without losing the upgrades given to the first. The official builder doesn't. It's not too damming, but it does slow things down. 

19 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

This at least is easy: it uses your forums login.  Same one you're using to post here.  WHich already exists.  Sooo...

Not to mention that 3P builders also need logins to save lists.

THere are DEFINITELY issues, but this is a baffling one.

I don't see any rational reason for the app to require a login to print a fresh list. I understand that I can use a forum login. Doesn't make it acceptable for me.

1 hour ago, Praetorate of the Empire said:

It actually looks pretty nice in a web browser. There are a few different gamemodes included with different restrictions. Otherwise I think it looks pretty nice. Well done, FFG!

I can only see one or two ships at a time, and the upgrade slots and point totals aren't very clear from the layout.

I give it a solid D- so far. Hopefully YASB 2.0 will continue to be available as an alternative.