nikk whyte

WEBSITE IS LIVE

34 minutes ago, VanderLegion said:

At a minimum the contracted scout got cheaper (50 instead of 52), not sure if anything else changed.

Hrm.

Checking the points lists right now, and the PDF still says 52, and hasn't been updated since July 27.

Bah.

Conflicts are going to be inevitable, but c'mon FFG.

Other bugs, this time in the PDF version:

- IG-2000 title appears with the html code "italic" surrounding it.

- Threshold: 

*** IG-88 threshold displayed at 3 health (should be 4?)

*** Soontir threshold displayed at 2 health (should be 1?)

*** Not sure what their math is, but I think it's pretty much broken there.

Wow, so much wrong. Cant even share squads to their own forum. Cant see dials of ships. Who knows if point costs are correct.

What happens when the app makes Boba Fett like 8pts instead of 80pts, and you have a tournament in a couple days but app doesnt fix cost. Is that 8pts official? Or what is happeneing now with 0pt Shield Upgrades.

Little bit scared of FFGs app now. Game is released and we have no mobile app and buggy web version.

The web builder looks like it was designed to be used on mobile.  Everything is huge, as if you are viewing it on a phone or tablet.

Setting aside all the bugs already found, the user experience leaves a lot to be desired.

8 minutes ago, papy72 said:

The web builder looks like it was designed to be used on mobile.  Everything is huge, as if you are viewing it on a phone or tablet.

Setting aside all the bugs already found, the user experience leaves a lot to be desired.

TBF, I'm fairly sure that the mobile apps will just be a web wrapper of this. So... that actually makes sense.

Does FFG forum actually use [] instead of <>? The answer is, of course, YES! Just copy your forum export into notepad, find and replace all instances of <> with [] and voila!
Well, the line breaks are still broken (and probably unnecessary).

Attack Shuttle - Sabine Wren - 44
    •Sabine Wren - Spectre-5 (38)
        Debris Gambit (2)
        Dorsal Turret (4)

T-65 X-wing - Luke Skywalker - 82
    •Luke Skywalker - Red Five (62)
        R2-D2 (8)
        Supernatural Reflexes (12)
        Servomotor S-foils (Closed) (0)

T-65 X-wing - Biggs Darklighter - 48
    •Biggs Darklighter - Red Three (48)
        Servomotor S-foils (Closed) (0)

TIE/ln Fighter - “Zeb” Orrelios - 26
    •“Zeb” Orrelios - Spectre-4 (26)

Total: 200

View in the X-Wing Squad Builder

Edited by Ixidor

1 hour ago, GuacCousteau said:

So I just tried going through Variants > Battle of Yavin which says

"Relive the Rebellion's attack on the Death Star from Star Wars: A New Hope using only the ships that appeared in the movie. (Deluxe Wave 1 Kit Thematic Event)"

But the list building options for the Empire include... every single ship, but only one pilot from each. Notably, you can't run Darth Vader. Only Ved Foslo in the TIE Advanced is an option.

You also can't run Luke Skywalker in a Rebel list.... but you can run a Rogue Squadron E-Wing.

Nice, super themey for the Battle of Yavin that ?

Since that kit doesn't drop till October, I'm sure that variant will get shored up before then. I'm sure.......? well, mostly sure?......

5 minutes ago, Force Majeure said:

Not trying to be funny, but they should have had a 1.0 version of the 2nd edition app at the start of summer so we could get the bugs out for launch day.

Then they could have released it today as the 2.0 version of the app for 2nd edition.

They should have had a beta at the very least.  My guess is it wasn't ready in time for a beta, and they had to scrap it.

Software is hard.  Especially hard for a board game company.

4 minutes ago, Ixidor said:

TBF, I'm fairly sure that the mobile apps will just be a web wrapper of this. So... that actually makes sense.

But two different presentations of the same basic site can be accomplished fairly easily.  There's no need for the desktop UI to be this cumbersome.

I created a very basic Vader Mini-swarm squad.  Vader plus four TIE's.  On my monitor I shouldn't have to scroll up and down constantly to see different stuff.  On my phone I can understand that.

1 minute ago, Ixidor said:

So, process to get their forum export working correctly:

1. Change all the < > to [ ]
2. Remove the line breaks (</br>)and spaces (&nbsp;)
3. Correct the URL code from <a href="url">"text"</a> to ""text"

Or just use YASB :D at least them having this export format (when it is finalized into something worthwhile at some point) allows for a theoretical XWS converter so you can use the official builder with VASSAL by jumping through just one hoop.

1 hour ago, Dengars Toilet Paper said:

Maybe but they are completely different ships now. JM5K has 2 Agility which is massive and are medium base (A Lot cheaper as well IRL ?)so we will see how they do. 

JM4K has 1 more agility, falcon has more health.  It's not a medium base though, both are large.  And falcons get bowtie arcs and points for some upgrades.

7 minutes ago, Glucose98 said:

They should have had a beta at the very least.  My guess is it wasn't ready in time for a beta, and they had to scrap it.

Software is hard.  Especially hard for a board game company.

Yeah but Asmodee Digital exists (which I believe had nothing to do with this) and has done very well with their board game apps so far. Descent, IA, Mansions of Madness, XCOM all good apps (these were done through FFG, not sure if Asmodee helped with them or even if Asmodee Digital existed at that point).

7 minutes ago, papy72 said:

But two different presentations of the same basic site can be accomplished fairly easily.  There's no need for the desktop UI to be this cumbersome.

I created a very basic Vader Mini-swarm squad.  Vader plus four TIE's.  On my monitor I shouldn't have to scroll up and down constantly to see different stuff.  On my phone I can understand that.

I don't disagree with you but I think this is the reason it's the way it is. That's all.

Edited by Ixidor

5 minutes ago, Admiral Deathrain said:

Or just use YASB :D at least them having this export format (when it is finalized into something worthwhile at some point) allows for a theoretical XWS converter so you can use the official builder with VASSAL by jumping through just one hoop.

But what about dee-Yun? He has to have some kind of squad builder.

1 minute ago, Force Majeure said:

I can't seem to find it. What did you search under?

I was actually looking at the Fantasy Flight Games apps on the Play store to make sure I was correct about my point upwards about board game apps. It was in related.

Here's a direct link, though: https://www.google.com/url?q=https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id%3Dcom.fantasyflightgames.xwingsquadbuilder&amp;sa=D&amp;source=hangouts&amp;ust=1536944589698000&amp;usg=AFQjCNEPxR3_E1e9iYdwrm_lp6ObQxIptA