nikk whyte

WEBSITE IS LIVE

2 minutes ago, Pretty Green said:

Am I the only one who can´t read missiles and torpedoes properly, or all ranges restricted to just one range, e.g. no more 2-3 or 1-2 but 2 or 1?

They all seem to have just one number and "Weapon range no bonus"

Good catch. All secondary weapons have this issue.

1 hour ago, papy72 said:

Whoever coded this obviously never played the game, or even is a Star Wars fan.  The Battle of Yavin format not including Luke or Vader, and including a bunch of ships that weren't there?

Yeah, that's a low-price contractor build.

Yup, this was outsourced to somewhere overseas.  The "Credits" page of the app has a lot of unusual names on it.

Edited by papy72

Took me awhile to realize the app is NOT ready, only the website. 

Also, I can’t find Wedge?

....and trick shot?

.... and x-wings and y-wings can’t have torpedos and only ion and proton missiles???

————-

ok, I found Wege, torpedos and missiles. Apparently they are under the

“extended” section.  (Why 2 sections??)

Edited by Ccwebb
Trick shot and more stuff

It looks nice but the UI is pretty unusable on a desktop screen. It doesn't even scroll up and down properly within each of the sections. I initially thought there were a bunch of pilots missing but it turns out you just need to scroll down the relevant section to find them, but to do that you need to click and drag a slider, rather than using the regular scrolling input on your mouse/trackpad. Speaking of scrolling - holy **** is there a lot of it! How about reducing the size of everything by about 50% on the desktop site for a start? Also, no summary of card effects once they're added to the squad and it's really clunky trying to add ships and upgrades as I have to click on the "+" symbol rather than the ship/upgrade name.

A lot of the bugs are pretty easy to fix but the problem may be if FFG farmed this out to outside contractors it's not always easy to get them to fix stuff on a reasonable timescale if the original contract didn't specify it. If you're going to use us as beta testers why not release the web app a week ago so we could test it prior to launch?

3 hours ago, VanderLegion said:

JM4K has 1 more agility, falcon has more health.  It's not a medium base though, both are large.  And falcons get bowtie arcs and points for some upgrades.

You are right. But I will still try both and see how much 4 extra agility makes in a game. 

On 9/13/2018 at 7:15 PM, papy72 said:

Yup, this was outsourced to somewhere overseas.  The "Credits" page of the app has a lot of unusual names on it.

Polish, by the look of the names. That doesn't mean low quality, though, look at the Witcher games and GOG.com.

Edited by FlyingToaster

I was really hoping that the app would have all kinds of quick build "cards" in there to make it easier for us to slam a few squads together. It's nice to be able to easily pick pilots and stuff but combing through 100 upgrades digitally isnt a whole lot easier than doing it from the actual cards. Do you guys think that we will get this option in future updates or is the only source of the quick build guards going to be new expansion packs?

I hate to say this, but the app is a steaming pile of poo...

- no way to change the language and it assumes the Android language (which, in my case, is more Ponglish than Polish)

- does not rotate with the device

- it's online-only and has no local cache, everything is downloaded every **** time

- and finally, most of the stuff simply does not work (screen is simply empty) even though it is labeled as compatible with my device.

17 minutes ago, costi said:

I hate to say this, but the app is a steaming pile of poo...

- no way to change the language and it assumes the Android language (which, in my case, is more Ponglish than Polish)

- does not rotate with the device

- it's online-only and has no local cache, everything is downloaded every **** time

- and finally, most of the stuff simply does not work (screen is simply empty) even though it is labeled as compatible with my device.

Which is odd as it was built by Poles, by the look of the credits.