Admiral Deathrain

PSA for everyone that wants to play 2.0 and doesn't because there is no builder

@raithos got your back: YASB 2.0 Squadbuilder While YASB2.0 has gained popularity already in the days leading up to 2.0, this seems important to reiterate for those who haven't been in the loop lately but picked up 2.0 today. Don't wait for FFG to release their app, get playing now!

Just now, ForceSensitive said:

I'd rather use launch Bay but it's not functioning properly on my phone, sadly. YASB just has a terrible i to the point of inoperable nterface in my opinion. I honestly don't know how people use it.

It took me weeks to discover:

• Swipe left to delete
  • Swipe right to copy

It's still not easy, but at least I know.

9 minutes ago, USCGrad90 said:

It's release day.  Where's the FFG Squad Builder App?  Where's the tournament rules for scoring?

Everyone is expecting to hear something from an article at normal article time (noon or so EST?).

Many are expecting the app to be delayed.   We have the PDF and the above resources in the mean time.  

You really need tournament scoring on day 1?

10 minutes ago, USCGrad90 said:

It's release day.  Where's the FFG Squad Builder App?  Where's the tournament rules for scoring?

It's release day. Not release hour. Please stand by for transmission...

11 minutes ago, heychadwick said:

It took me weeks to discover:

• Swipe left to delete
  • Swipe right to copy

It's still not easy, but at least I know.

Can't say how many times I've swiped left to copy... and found myself back further than I started... repeatedly in the same list.

38 minutes ago, heychadwick said:

Many are expecting the app to be delayed.   We have the PDF and the above resources in the mean time.  

If the app gets delayed I am hopeful that the website builder would, at the very least, be made available.

I know everyone is getting antsy about the app not already being available, and I appreciate the shoutout. I just want to voice some calm and understanding. FFG is trying to launch two apps on different platforms, a website and update their pdfs while also managing one of their biggest product launches for one of their biggest products. That is difficult no matter who you are, and I promise you FFG isn't Blizzard. This isn't their wheelhouse. I can cut them a little slack for being ambitious.

Let's just enjoy the launch, the tools our community have made, and fly casual until FFG gets caught up.

47 minutes ago, papy72 said:

If the app gets delayed I am hopeful that the website builder would, at the very least, be made available.

I'm sure they will come together when they do.    There are 3rd party apps to get by if you need it.

I'd also rather have them release a solid product late than provide one that has lots of bugs on time.

10 hours ago, nikk whyte said:

Don’t expect tournament rules day one, have you ever been a part of an FFG launch?

Yes...Unfortunately.  Our tournament on Saturday was cancelled due to the hurricane, but was hoping to verify win conditions  rather than playing to destruction of one player's ships.

1 hour ago, FlyingAnchors said:

YASB? Ha. 

Pdf is love, pdf is life.

Yeah, our store's owner printed out copies of the PDFs for us to use since the app wasn't yet available.  I was a little reluctant at first, since I had heard so many stories about how using the PDFs or printouts was more painful than literally eating broken glass.  However, it turns out that those people were incorrect, and using paper really wasn't a big deal at all.