Battlefleet 01 Studios

When are we getting our next SSD article?

Halloween?

Although seriously, I'm a bit surprised (given the SSD is obviously outside of the standard 'waves' - not least because of the SKU, but also the new game play mode it brings) that we haven't heard a peep about Wave 8, yet.

Has FFG so little faith in Armada that they are delaying wave 8 for the SSD release??

34 minutes ago, xanderf said:

Halloween?

Although seriously, I'm a bit surprised (given the SSD is obviously outside of the standard 'waves' - not least because of the SKU, but also the new game play mode it brings) that we haven't heard a peep about Wave 8, yet.

Has FFG so little faith in Armada that they are delaying wave 8 for the SSD release??

I expect they have production backlogs thanks to x-wing 2.0 and legion...

Look, it was only speculated about and asked for, for literal years. We already know its a slow moving peice of terrain with firing arcs. Let the rest of us who want wave 8 to be a thing, be a thing before we get told more about SSD. In the optimal world, SSD would come out along side wave 8, so that the rest of us who cant drop 200 dollars on it, still have something.

In all honesty, I'll bet they saw the mixed reaction of excitement and "what about rebels/wave 8?" And said, "..oh... we thought that showing you the model would satisfy your hunger for longer..."

Because that SSD reveal really felt, "BOOM, SSD IS A THING, NOW SHUT IT WHILE WE TALK ABOUT XWING AND LEGION."

10 hours ago, Battlefleet 01 Studios said:

Next week then? It’s been over a month since our last.....

With 2.0 dropping tomorrow, I would not expect much aside 2.0 articles for a while.

Also of note is how the App wasn't ready for launch and how the online builder they provided ended up being buggy.

Man, FFG/Asmodee really has a hard time meeting deadlines and being complete. 

Edit- Armada, I don't expect anything for months. I've accepted it. 

Edit #2- App is up for Android. But seems to suffering from crashing. ??‍♂️

Edited by Stasy

4 hours ago, Ling27 said:

Look, it was only speculated about and asked for, for literal years. We already know its a slow moving peice of terrain with firing arcs. Let the rest of us who want wave 8 to be a thing, be a thing before we get told more about SSD. In the optimal world, SSD would come out along side wave 8, so that the rest of us who cant drop 200 dollars on it, still have something.

In all honesty, I'll bet they saw the mixed reaction of excitement and "what about rebels/wave 8?" And said, "..oh... we thought that showing you the model would satisfy your hunger for longer..."

Because that SSD reveal really felt, "BOOM, SSD IS A THING, NOW SHUT IT WHILE WE TALK ABOUT XWING AND LEGION."

I doubt we’ll get Wave 8 until the SSD has been released. It’s so expensive that FFG is likely taking no chances on losing money on this expensive mini. They don’t wanna promote something else before they’ve made major returns on what is a big investment.

1 hour ago, Battlefleet 01 Studios said:

I doubt we’ll get Wave 8 until the SSD has been released. It’s so expensive that FFG is likely taking no chances on losing money on this expensive mini. They don’t wanna promote something else before they’ve made major returns on what is a big investment.

I bet they aren't going to print many of them, (Like they have been doing with Destiny launch, some of the Legion boxes too) so they are most likely going to make their money back honestly. The model alone will be bought as a display piece by many.

12 hours ago, Tokra said:

If you take the time it took them for the the last news, i would say next year :D

This is the most true thing I've read in a while. I feel like we need another timeline for our articles/news because at this point I suspect it's more than double the blank space in between articles than we've ever experienced.