-R2 Astromech
-Servomotor S-Foils

Lowhhrick: 55
-Selflessness

Fenn Rau: 57
-Swarm Tactics
-R4 Astromech

Captain Rex: 32

Fenn and Rex neuter 2 attacks and Biggs and Lowwie spread the damage around. Rex shoots at Initiative 6 thanks to Swarm Tactics, and Fenn allows Lowhhrick to Focus and Reinforce, or reposition somebody at I6 if needed.

I was kind of surprised to see that all of the pieces for FSR were still in the game and they fit together nicely into a list. I guess FFG really wants this archetype to stick around. I guess Rex is somewhat neutered if the opponent's highest initiative ships have equal initiative, but otherwise you just shoot at their highest initiative ship and they are forced to shoot Rex or lose an attack die. 

Edited by Tvboy

The problem is that FSR was highly effective in a low-ship count meta. All of the tricks are much less effective against 4+ ships, especially with the changes to evade/reinforce.

It may still be very strong but not impenetrable.

Edit: It also loses ALL of it's punch (Jess, Rey/Wookiees on Low). It'll really struggle to put out enough damage to keep ahead of the curve.

Edited by WAC47

The various pieces of the list work completely differently now, such that the whole thing is nowhere near as good as it was. Rex and Lowhrick both had their abilities nerfed and the ship count will likely be higher in 2nd edition, which also reduces the power level of this sort of build.

I don't see the lack of punching power as a problem if everything else got nerfed too. Swarms rolling 2-dice attacks will have all of their damage effectively cut in half by Biggs and Selflessness. The premise of FSR is that it divides all the opponent's damage up evenly so that you don't lose offense as the game drags on, while the opponent gradually loses more and more guns. 

9 minutes ago, Jike said:

The various pieces of the list work completely differently now, such that the whole thing is nowhere near as good as it was. Rex and Lowhrick both had their abilities nerfed and the ship count will likely be higher in 2nd edition, which also reduces the power level of this sort of build.

Rex and Lowhrick weren't nerfed that badly though. They are still forced to shoot at Rex with someone after he Suppressive Fires them at Initiative 6 if they don't want to lose an attack die and he is the cheapest and least threatening ship in the list. And Lowhhrick is still converting his Reinforce into an evade if they attack someone besides him. Yes it can't be used to go over the max number of evades you roll on dice, but it's an evade token so you get to keep it until you can use it. The only time Lowhhrick won't give his teammate an evade result is if they roll natties for the entire engagement, which is great. 

it lacks the ability to negate a ton of damage since Reinforce cant reduce to 0 and the number of opponents went up so Fenn isnt as great either.

It was ridiculous because the meta was 2 ships plus a filler, if even the filler. Fenn hard-countered stacked ships and Low/Biggs combo prevented you from 1shotting, often prevented damage in general.

FSR was only as strong as its ability to outlast its opponents. The defensive abilities it had in 1.0 have been neutered in 2.0 and it doesn't have the offensive capability to deal with more than 2-3 ships. I can't see it being overly competitive in 2.0.