BlodVargarna

Yo FFG! Where’s the app at?!

2 hours ago, __underscore__ said:

The interactive department isn't responsible for this, the X-Wing app was outsourced to another company. 

I dont care if it was outsourced or not. FFG games are not exactly cheap. They had a TON of time to publish refined and fully functioning app. It is pathetic - guys who are amateur and non-professionals put out much better smartfon and on-line tools. Meanwhile FFG with all their money and resources couldn't do the same in much longer span of time.

3 hours ago, RunnerAZ said:

Everyone needs to chill out. It's not like Worlds is tomorrow and we all need the app today.

They announced 2.0 in May.  They promised the App on 9/13.

As a company, they made those decisions.  In private.  They need to deliver.

No one should be OK that the App is an utter **** show.

If you are, you are setting the bar

very

very

very

low.

And FFG will never need to do anything better to keep your business.

I said the app was going to be a deciding point for me. 

F minus

F minus

G oodbye.

43 minutes ago, Darth Meanie said:

very

very

very

low.

F minus

F minus

G oodbye.

Hate to see you go. Being based in Minnesota they are probably too busy responding to one of our CiC's inane tweets then delivering to the private sector.

Not ok. Not grab the M14 either.

Edited by Cr0aker

1 hour ago, Darth Meanie said:

very

very

very

low.

F minus

F minus

G oodbye.

Bye. Can I have your stuff?

8 hours ago, Embir82 said:

I dont care if it was outsourced or not. FFG games are not exactly cheap. They had a TON of time to publish refined and fully functioning app. It is pathetic - guys who are amateur and non-professionals put out much better smartfon and on-line tools. Meanwhile FFG with all their money and resources couldn't do the same in much longer span of time.

It's no surprise to me that one girl that cares about what she's doing and knows the game can make a better product than a room full of professionals. The communication of requirements and special cases (like adding slots by adding cards) are the sort of things that easily will be missed from some admin people trying to pass on the requirements to a team of Ukrainians. 

28 minutes ago, Talonbane Cobra said:

It's no surprise to me that one girl that cares about what she's doing and knows the game can make a better product than a room full of professionals. The communication of requirements and special cases (like adding slots by adding cards) are the sort of things that easily will be missed from some admin people trying to pass on the requirements to a team of Ukrainians. 

For the record, it was created by a Polish company.

I think I will fall back on plan B since plan A, the app being usable, failed.

After sleeving the cards, I will put a small white circle sticker in a bottom corner.

On this I will write the point cost.

This way I can throw together a list when out on game night.

Now, if the app worked as promised, I wouldn't need to do the extra work.?

Just downloaded the iOS as well.  Much better than the web, nice graphics and only finding minor mistakes.  (Like saying italics than printing “”)

Looking for away that I only see what collections I have, not displaying the entire data base.  

Edited by Ccwebb
Spelling

34 minutes ago, Ccwebb said:

Just downloads the iOS as well.  Much better than the web, nice graphics and only finding minor mistakes.  (Like saying italics than printing “”)

Looking for away that I only see what collections I have, not displaying the entire data base.  

The Android version is just a container for the website. The iOS version isn't?

55 minutes ago, Jingizu said:

The Android version is just a container for the website. The iOS version isn't?

Just realized that.  The app just makes it device friendly.  Need to be connected to WiFi or use cellular data for it. ?

9 hours ago, emsgoof said:

Bye. Can I have your stuff?

No.

10 hours ago, Cr0aker said:

Hate to see you go.

I'll be posting in my ongoing campaign thread in the Epic subforum.

But I be staying with 1.0.

I'm not sure what FFG does between the long stretches of releasing product, but making sure it works doesn't seem to be a thing.

11 hours ago, Darth Meanie said:

very

very

very

low.

Personally, it doesn't bother me because I didn't buy the game for the app.  If the app works, great.  If not, no big loss to me.  More concerning was the rushed 2.0 content in Saw's Rebels and the TIE Reaper, but that seemed a lot less "We didn't test this at all" and more "We hadn't yet finalized layout and rules".

I was having trouble building some lists.  These have already been reported, but maybe someone else can try?   (Note used ios and web based versions)

Issue 1:  you cannot equip more than one of an upgrade - so, on a punisher or Jonus, I can't have two homing missles.  I can't find any rulings about these being limited.

Issue 2:  Tarkin refuses to board his ship, again!   You cannot equip Grand Moff Tarkin to a Lambda.

6 minutes ago, That Blasted Samophlange said:

I was having trouble building some lists.  These have already been reported, but maybe someone else can try?   (Note used ios and web based versions)

Issue 1:  you cannot equip more than one of an upgrade - so, on a punisher or Jonus, I can't have two homing missles.  I can't find any rulings about these being limited.

Issue 2:  Tarkin refuses to board his ship, again!   You cannot equip Grand Moff Tarkin to a Lambda.

1.  In the Rules Reference, under Upgrade Cards:  "A ship cannot equip more than one copy of the same card."

2.  Tarkin requires that the ship have a Target Lock action, I believe.