BlodVargarna

Yo FFG! Where’s the app at?!

Conspiracy theory time! Maybe they're not releasing the app to the various app stores today. Maybe, just so they can have the app drop at the exact moment FFG wants, it'll be a download link off the website first and then released to the digital shops?

If that information is true as I heard it, it is a temporary thing to ensure people with the game in hand can use it, but the servers are stable. I have only heard it from one random dude on Facebook, though, and have also seen people with the core set ask about when the app will be availiable - of course they could have missed the QR-code, but right now I'm leaning more towards that one dude on FB not telling anything worthwhile.

45 minutes ago, Polaritie said:

Really? I also see the apps for Mansions of Madness, their other RPGs, etc. come up.

The squad builder isn't out yet, I just expect that whatever its name is that search should find it.

Thanks for that!  Now I'm going to spend my time waiting for the app playing Elder Sign and Hey! That's My Fish.

2 minutes ago, Admiral Deathrain said:

If that information is true as I heard it, it is a temporary thing to ensure people with the game in hand can use it, but the servers are stable. I have only heard it from one random dude on Facebook, though, and have also seen people with the core set ask about when the app will be availiable - of course they could have missed the QR-code, but right now I'm leaning more towards that one dude on FB not telling anything worthwhile.

Yeah, there's no QR code anywhere in the core, your leaning is right.

11 minutes ago, Admiral Deathrain said:

I heard on Facebook that you need a QR-code right now that is in the core set, haven't had that confirmed and my delivery ist stúck and won't arrive till Saturday the earliest.

I don't have a QR code for the app in my core set.

It just says: download the official X-Wing squad builder app.

On east coast there are about 7.40 am now. People has to start his working day shift yet. I presume they keep a standard backoffice hours. So they will start working around 9.00 am. A good procedure require time. So I do not think ther would be the app uploaded until 12.00 am us east cost time zone (with a +4 hours of variance if the office that is on it is more westward). So be calm and go easy. Fly casual u.u

1 minute ago, Admiral Deathrain said:

I'm alternating refreshing that page and FFGs page on google play.

I even tried a few alternates (ex: squadbuilder.x-wing.com), but all of them fail completely.

15 minutes ago, Talonbane Cobra said:

to be perfectly honest I was absolutely amazed to get my package of stuff today. I never expected it to show up on the actual release date. 

Did you get your alt art damage deck as well?

2 minutes ago, Talonbane Cobra said:

i pre-ordered it months ago from a web store in the UK. i don't think i was ever promised an alt art damage deck.

Same here, I pre-ordered this basically the week it was announced and I spoke to my FLGS about it, they were told by the distributor that they were not getting any of the alt art damage decks for pre-orders.  Apparently this is pretty common across the UK, I don't think any of the smaller stores got them.

6 minutes ago, UberMunchkin said:

Same here, I pre-ordered this basically the week it was announced and I spoke to my FLGS about it, they were told by the distributor that they were not getting any of the alt art damage decks for pre-orders.  Apparently this is pretty common across the UK, I don't think any of the smaller stores got them.

I'm picking mine up in an hour or so, and I don't think I will be getting a pre-order deck.

2 hours ago, plinth said:

Here's a (Google Play Store) link to the developer page, showing all the apps released by FFG: https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=Fantasy+Flight+Games&hl=en

None of which are a "Star Wars X-Wing Squad Builder" app. I know that FFG does put out apps for other games. The one for 2.0 is not there....yet.

I was told by multiple webstores that mail/internet order coresets won't feature the alt art damage deck, but in store collection customers would get them. I picked up my coreset from a physical store nearby and got the damage deck. Now back on topic GIEF APP PLS.

Just now, Talonbane Cobra said:

This is the tweet I was on about. "In wave 2 we will have the squad builder" 

If this is the case it's a massively dropped ball by FFG.  All through the process they have been assuring us that the app would be available at launch, had I known that it wasn't going to be available until wave 2 I might not have bothered buying any of the new kit until then.