BlodVargarna

Yo FFG! Where’s the app at?!

I'm certain it will be Soon*

*As defined by Blizzard Entertainment: "Soon" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon" shall make no contract or warranty between Blizzard Entertainment and the end user. "Soon" will arrive some day, Blizzard does guarantee that "soon" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "soon" as Blizzard will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "soon

(Don't see why FFG would be different from any other software developer.  I tell people things will be available soon* all the time) ?

I'm not even worried about the App. ANA dropped the ball on the Promo Damage Decks. I just got word from Team Covenant (whom I pre-ordered both the Core and the Empire Conversion Kit) that Covenant wouldn't be getting the Promo Decks the earliest on Wednesday, Thursday at the latest. I probably wont get my stuff till Friday at the earliest or Monday at the latest.  

So why worry about the App. We probably wont see it for about a week or so from now!??

They had at least 4 months to get this right and they couldn't even do that right!!!!!

Edited by Captain Mayhem

@Captain Mayhem It is a reference to an old Dr. Seuss book, "Please Try to Remember, the First of Octember". It was meant as a bad joke about published release dates being often impossible to meet without extreme effort or a very buggy result. Often, not always though. **** I'm feeling old now. Having that reference cause confusion really dates the literature I grew up with, and equally myself. :(

It's actually not smart to try to lunch the app on the same day as release. Each of those services have their own procedures for how and when they will release an app and will some times delay things. iTunes tends to be the worst. So those iPhone users may not get anything until Friday.

If they were smart, they release the app a week early. Let everyone break the thing and push out a bug fix this week so it is actually ready to go on lunch day.

O well, I guess we get a learning experience now.

3 minutes ago, Houston8665 said:

If I was betting I would say we get the website version tomorrow and the apps sometime in the next month 

Which will be fine since I can access web pages with my phone where the app is going in the first place.

Edited by T70 Driver

Tomorrow is today here in Australia and no sign of the app from us in the future. I'm curious to see if the official app is as good as some of the Android apps created by fans. So much good work there.

2 hours ago, Hiemfire said:

@Captain Mayhem It is a reference to an old Dr. Seuss book, "Please Try to Remember, the First of Octember". It was meant as a bad joke about published release dates being often impossible to meet without extreme effort or a very buggy result. Often, not always though. **** I'm feeling old now. Having that reference cause confusion really dates the literature I grew up with, and equally myself. :(

No prob. I grew up reading Dr. Seuss. I just don't recall that phrase in any book I read. And don't worry, I'm probably older than you! (58)