BlodVargarna

Yo FFG! Where’s the app at?!

Ok I have a question, sorry if already answered.

A friend of mine just downloaded the FFG X-Wing app...but I can't find it in my store! Both of us have Android, but he can find the app (yep, 2.0 official) in his playstore where it doesn't figure in my playstore. It seems weird to me, how is it possible? Anyone knows how it happens?

2 minutes ago, Cerve said:

Ok I have a question, sorry if already answered.

A friend of mine just downloaded the FFG X-Wing app...but I can't find it in my store! Both of us have Android, but he can find the app (yep, 2.0 official) in his playstore where it doesn't figure in my playstore. It seems weird to me, how is it possible? Anyone knows how it happens?

First: try clicking through this link to get to it - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fantasyflightgames.xwingsquadbuilder

Second:  I have an older tablet device on my list that it isn't compatible with.  So, it is not universally usable on all Android products, but it does look like it supports all the major releases in the last few years.  So, hopefully clicking the link above lets you download it and it just works. Good luck.

12 minutes ago, Embir82 said:

I see first bugs already. When trying to build Firespray with Marauder title no Gunner slot is shown.

That issue has been reported in the app sub forum along with the other titles that aren't adding slots when they say they do.

Just now, shotbyscott said:

And the rating is getting lower. It's dropping out of thesearch algorithm because of the ratings

Yep. Because of both correct and incorrect reasons.

I noticed on my tablet, which is a older Tab 4, that it was incompatible and it crashed on me twice. Meanwhile it works fine on my Galaxy 5 sport just fine. So I imagine some are down voting cause it doesnt work on all devices and they arnt realizing it.

With that out of the way their are some MAJOR **** ups on the back end by the developers, I thought FFG would does this but it was outsourced. The following is a list of issues currently 

Some people cant load saved lists

Variable cost upgrades arnt just showing the costs, but are showing as 0 costs

Titles that add slots, Virago/Marauder, arnt adding slots to the ship

And Im sure there are a LOT more. While this is FFGs property I will say this is really on the development teams heads. The fact they got paid to develop this and cant even make it as functional as the fan developed ones, and the fact they where probably hired over a year ago meaning they had at least a 6 month head start on the fan ones, is pathetic. If your a Android/iOS developer that can be outdone by free fan apps then your going to be out of a job REAL quick.

3 minutes ago, GamerGuy1984 said:

Yep. Because of both correct and incorrect reasons.

I noticed on my tablet, which is a older Tab 4, that it was incompatible and it crashed on me twice. Meanwhile it works fine on my Galaxy 5 sport just fine. So I imagine some are down voting cause it doesnt work on all devices and they arnt realizing it.

With that out of the way their are some MAJOR **** ups on the back end by the developers, I thought FFG would does this but it was outsourced. The following is a list of issues currently 

Some people cant load saved lists

Variable cost upgrades arnt just showing the costs, but are showing as 0 costs

Titles that add slots, Virago/Marauder, arnt adding slots to the ship

And Im sure there are a LOT more. While this is FFGs property I will say this is really on the development teams heads. The fact they got paid to develop this and cant even make it as functional as the fan developed ones, and the fact they where probably hired over a year ago meaning they had at least a 6 month head start on the fan ones, is pathetic. If your a Android/iOS developer that can be outdone by free fan apps then your going to be out of a job REAL quick.

And you can't use it off line

#makex-winggreatagain

Just now, shotbyscott said:

And you can't use it off line

#makex-winggreatagain

Really?? I thought they specifically said it had a offline mode? Where you could use the app without a connection? Or do you mean the Saved Squads?

Really?? I thought they specifically said it had a offline mode? Where you could use the app without a connection? Or do you mean the Saved Squads?

Nothing works , no graphics, lists, etc. It's all online all the time

1 minute ago, shotbyscott said:

Yeah the more issues im hearing the more Im seeing this as FFG hired a group of incompetent idiots. Reason being is FFG knew it could be done, fans have been making squad apps for years. So they hired this group of "professionals" thinking they could do it and got quotes on what could be done with it. FFG ran with what these "professionals" said they could do and in the end FFG is left looking like the bad guys when the programmers screwed the pouch.

Not to say FFG is totally off the hook, as they should have DEMANDED a finished version be shown to them 2 months ago. 

5 minutes ago, GamerGuy1984 said:

Yeah the more issues im hearing the more Im seeing this as FFG hired a group of incompetent idiots. Reason being is FFG knew it could be done, fans have been making squad apps for years. So they hired this group of "professionals" thinking they could do it and got quotes on what could be done with it. FFG ran with what these "professionals" said they could do and in the end FFG is left looking like the bad guys when the programmers screwed the pouch.

Not to say FFG is totally off the hook, as they should have DEMANDED a finished version be shown to them 2 months ago. 

Ffg have thier own software house. So why would they outsource it.

5 minutes ago, shotbyscott said:

Ffg have thier own software house. So why would they outsource it.

Didnt realize they did. Also it was a observation from loading the App the first time thought I saw a company name, I may have been mistaken

Didnt realize they did. Also it was a observation from loading the App the first time thought I saw a company name, I may have been mistaken

They had an article about how they set up a development company a while back I'll try to find it

18 minutes ago, shotbyscott said:

This is why all developers should be forced to work in a place that requires them to commute though an underground, non-wifi enabled public transport system to get to work every day.

It's the only way they'll learn.

Let me start off by saying I know it is only day 1... I get it.... but since day of advertisement they hyped the app!!  Game changer, makes it easier to balance.... great in my mind!!!!   Problem your biggest convenience that you focussed on is making every aggravated and annoyed!!    

I have ave am I phone.... guess what I don’t have access to the app.. not on the I tunes store yet..... 

android users say it is online only??  Don’t know for sure, but if true ridiculous.... 

Then I hear crazy bugs and wrong numbers in it... that is the kick to the face.. since it is the only place we can get official point costs.... ( I know of the great community members who did unofficial ones!! You are my heroes!!).   We paid pretty good money for this product that is incomplete on promises or commitments you made due to no app yet for iPhones and broken inaccurate apps on others systems... besides pc.... so I need to sit next to my pc to play?  

To you fans who say use pc email to your phone.... this is a world of convenience now and it was one of their main platforms for 2.0...  what if I am at a public venue with just my phone and we want to change lists and just have fun?  Guess what cannot!!!   

FFG... I don’t care if you out sourced ... the buck stops at you... this is unacceptable ... I hope you can get this corrected in the immediAte... otherwise you continue to allow people like me who feel the same way to lose more and more faith and trust in your company and products!    

I concerned customer... 

2 hours ago, SuperMarino said:

First: try clicking through this link to get to it - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fantasyflightgames.xwingsquadbuilder

Second:  I have an older tablet device on my list that it isn't compatible with.  So, it is not universally usable on all Android products, but it does look like it supports all the major releases in the last few years.  So, hopefully clicking the link above lets you download it and it just works. Good luck.

Thanks, it works! Phew, thanks I really appreciate that :)

Still I don't understand why it doesn't figure into the playstore...oh well, it works now!

What if they saw the issues and bugs with the website, and they are fixing those issues (for the website and the app) before releasing the app.

Everyone needs to chill out. It's not like Worlds is tomorrow and we all need the app today.

I feel for the designers.

they put long hours in trying their best to correct the power creep of the last few years.

you could see how proud they were of their efforts.

then the app sort of comes out and it is a **** show.

disappointment is high and rightly so.

FFG released point costs a while ago so there was no reason to not put the app out for beta testing back in August.

I'm sure they have a list of trustworthy players they could have called on to run it through its paces.