Sign in to follow this  
Jarval

Deadly Calculations Scum List article

2 minutes ago, Burius1981 said:

List building mistake:

IG88-A has the title but there aren't any other Aggressors in the list so it's a waste of 2 points.

Otherwise, seems like a fun list.

On the contrary, IG88-D is sitting in the mist hunter

1 hour ago, TasteTheRainbow said:

edit: I am dumb.

Not an awful list, but I think an aggressor without B’s ability always feels so sad.

88-B took a lot of hits in 2.0. Everything that he relied on to be effective with in 1.0 either removed or significantly altered. FCS, HLC, Mangler, PTL, VI, Autothrusters, Glitterstims... even his Focus action has been replaced with the generally inferior Calculate. He's not in a great place at the moment.

Conversely, 88-A has gone from being the Aggressor pilot that you might use in Epic play, to being the best team player among Scum's droid pilots. He's the one that you could really justify bringing in to play in more than a two-ship build.

1 hour ago, Jarval said:

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/9/10/deadly-calculations/

Looks like fun to play, although I've got to take issue with a list called "Droid Revolution" that doesn't include L3-37... ? 

In fairness, with the old canon (now legends), the IGs were running a revolution of their own, financing it between manufacturing contracts (machines making machines...) and bounty hunting. IG88 A even got pretty far in the process if the rebels hadn’t intervened...

12 minutes ago, ScummyRebel said:

In fairness, with the old canon (now legends), the IGs were running a revolution of their own, financing it between manufacturing contracts (machines making machines...) and bounty hunting. IG88 A even got pretty far in the process if the rebels hadn’t intervened...

Good thing they did. IG-88 A having what he had acquired at his disposal would have likely resulted in a massive genocide. That guy was ruthless in the extreme.

3 hours ago, That Blasted Samophlange said:

I would have much preferred an article talking about the app..

Readily available information has never been FFGs strong point, but man, we have seen so little of this app, it will not surprise me one bit if it is a huge dumpster fire of an app to start. 

Edited by Kdubb

3 hours ago, PhantomFO said:

88-B took a lot of hits in 2.0. Everything that he relied on to be effective with in 1.0 either removed or significantly altered. FCS, HLC, Mangler, PTL, VI, Autothrusters, Glitterstims... even his Focus action has been replaced with the generally inferior Calculate. He's not in a great place at the moment.

Conversely, 88-A has gone from being the Aggressor pilot that you might use in Epic play, to being the best team player among Scum's droid pilots. He's the one that you could really justify bringing in to play in more than a two-ship build.

I take some exceptions to your ig stuff

-VI well they were PS 6 or ps 8 with vi (roughly imitative 3 or 4 in the new system respectively, not perfectly but close)  They are in 2.0 sitting at ps 4 already so having VI removed from the game is actually a buff for them as they are higher ps then they used to be and other ships dont have ways to bump higher.

- 2x calculate tokens is better then 1x focus so that is actually a buff in 2.0 for the IG's

alot of the other stuff is tonned down across the board for all ships or simply removed because its hard countering something thats not in the game anymore (auto thrusters)

I do agree ig-88b has gone down in power with the loss of powerfull canons but i think the new ion cannon will be surprisingly good on the IG's so not willing to count that out.

2 hours ago, heychadwick said:

I think it's a good article.  I've enjoyed medium bases.

Question: how do medium bases do Barrel Rolls? Long ways like a small based ship or short ways like a big ship?

Sideways like large bases.  I just read it in rules reference guide a couple days ago.  They even had pictures.

13 hours ago, That Blasted Samophlange said:

I would have much preferred an article talking about the app..

Too busy fixing build servers that have inevitably broken down on the week of the release.

1 hour ago, Cloaker said:

4 EH Ion Y's laugh at this article. Nothing more hilarious to them than the droids blue 1-ing forward, actionless.  Buh-I-Robot.

These ion Ys are probably what brought down the build servers. Seriously, though, I think the droids would give the Ys a run for their money.