Jump to content
Roibeard

Pirate's Ploy (Hondo Ohnaka) campaign mission question (spoilers)

Recommended Posts

Spoilers ahead...

When the E-XD droid is redeployed, does it retain its initial stats, that is, returned to its original health having been defeated once already?  It seems to have an extraordinary amount of health in this case, but it clearly needs to be redeployed "healthy" and there isn't a new (reduced?) level of health specified, reflecting it's initial defeat.

Thanks in advance,

Robert

Edited by Roibeard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

38 minutes ago, Tvboy said:

Yes, it redeploys at full health. It should have between 9 and 17 health depending on the threat level. If you're playing it as part of the Lothal campaign, it should deploy at 13 health. 

Given that there's nothing else in the scenario, that was my assumption, however this seems particularly unbalanced, and unthematic since it's been defeated once.  In general the Imperial player hasn't needed to ease off for the sake of the Rebel players, however with anything other than perfect play by the Rebels this one doesn't seem winnable.  I'd wondered if the new state of the droid had been omitted in error, or if it had no defense roll now (just the optional threat for block exchange).

Robert

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Roibeard said:

 

Given that there's nothing else in the scenario, that was my assumption, however this seems particularly unbalanced, and unthematic since it's been defeated once.  In general the Imperial player hasn't needed to ease off for the sake of the Rebel players, however with anything other than perfect play by the Rebels this one doesn't seem winnable.  I'd wondered if the new state of the droid had been omitted in error, or if it had no defense roll now (just the optional threat for block exchange).

Robert

I didn't read the mission but in general I've been telling my Rebel players that Agenda missions are supposed to be hard for Rebels. I (as Imperial) has paid 3 influence for it, the equivalent of around $1200 credits for Rebel side. So if Rebels won the Agenda mission it means I just lost 3 influence that I could have used to buy some other agenda cards

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, ricope said:

I didn't read the mission but in general I've been telling my Rebel players that Agenda missions are supposed to be hard for Rebels. I (as Imperial) has paid 3 influence for it, the equivalent of around $1200 credits for Rebel side. So if Rebels won the Agenda mission it means I just lost 3 influence that I could have used to buy some other agenda cards

Good point - I was seeing this as part of the Lothal campaign extension (and, by the way, that's a great added benefit of these ally/villain packs!).  None-the-less, it would be good to include the stats of the droid explicitly (FAQ?  Probably it's not frequently asked yet!) as it reads like an omission even if it's intended to be identical in both halves of the mission.

Robert

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The first mission rule giving the rules for E-XD is a persistent rule (diamond), so it is always in effect unless explicitly specified otherwise.

(Thus the Health of E-XD does not change. Just like the Health of heroes does not change when they become wounded.)

Quote

Mission rules are instant () or ongoing (◆) effects. An instant effect is resolved immediately and most often
no longer needs to be referenced. An ongoing effect applies throughout the mission and often determines
special abilities granted to the Rebel or Imperial figures.

 

Edited by a1bert

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks a1bert - I'd missed such iconography of the mission rules, which is clearly very helpful!  Where did you find that nugget?  I'd like to check to see what else I've missed!

Robert

Edited by Roibeard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Roibeard said:

Where did you find that nugget?  I'd like to check to see what else I've missed!

The second page of the core campaign book, with only a few other vital things that are not repeated in the rules reference guide.

To help you not miss anything in the future, also see  The Consolidated Star Wars: Imperial Assault™ Rules from https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/168240/consolidated-star-wars-imperial-assault-rules

(or if you don't have a BGG account, download from http://www.iki.fi/a1bert/TheConsolidatedImperialAssaultRules.pdf)

Edited by a1bert

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Doh!  Today I'd checked the rules reference and FAQ online - of course the Campaign guide is only available on paper at home...  I don't think I've re-read that since the last run through the initial campaign!

*gg* on way...

Robert

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/18/2018 at 8:48 AM, a1bert said:

E-XD doesn't have the Droid trait, so is not affected by Motivators.

 

Would it be fair to houserule that it does appy? I am not even convinced the designers considered that trait would matter here... I mean it's a droid right? Jawas should be able to... motivate it! I like theme over rules, when it makes sense. But maybe it would unbalance the mission too much?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello guys

I ask here because we habe played this mission last evening. 

 

End of Round 2 the Imperial player got a optional deployment. we then ask us why? what is the different from the optional deployment he had one step before in the status phase?

Any idea? 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Trevor79 said:

what is the different from the optional deployment he had one step before in the status phase?

You didn't yet have the threat given by the Call For Backup event during the deploy/reinforce step of the status phase, because the End of Round step comes after it.

I.e. without the optional deployment you would need to wait a full round to spend the threat from the event. (See the Imperial Informants agenda card, which works this way.)

1. Increase Threat by Threat Level
2. Ready
3. Deploy/Reinforce (optional deployment)
4. End of Round effects
5. Increase Round Dial.

 

Edited by a1bert

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...