Sign in to follow this  
Askil

Datapad

DM Variyn said:

VIRUS!!! Don't Download!! ******* dumbass Fantasy Flight Games!!! Scan the **** people post on your forums!!!

Wow, maybe instead of flaming the company and their forums you could try being constructive and do what they ask you to do here.  There's a link in the guide to forum use for reporting people.  But given your recent luck with links, maybe just go to the topic itself to get there.

Also, take some responsibility for your own actions.  The company cannot be wholey held responsible for content that is not hosted on their servers.  Your post is akin to those people who ***** about yahoo or gmail "causing them to get a virus" when it's their own fault for clicking the link or opening the attachment.

Otherwise, thanks for the warning.

-=Brother Praetus=-

Greetings Tool (Brother),  My name is Beast.

1) I already went into the motions to post a report on this virus link. Note: The Website has still not locked down this post or deleted it. Looks like the aren't really paying attention.

2) I formally apologize for not making a full length sourcing page on who's fault it is that this forum has a virus link. I'll give a brief summary (however make sure to keep an eye out for the full length copy). First I want to say none of this could have happened without you Askill (Ass Kill?). We all thank you for your geek hate. Second to Games Workshop for within the first months of dropping Dark Heresy you sold your stock of Dark Heresy, Rogue Trader, and the new Death Watch. Without your lack of patience we wouldn't be here. I must not forget Megaload for your willingness to open your databases to all types of trash. Most of all you my self for my ability to click a link. My virgin curiousity will never be the same. And lastly but still important to you Fantasy Flight for not having scanning your players forums. The amount of knowledge you are losing by ignoring your players must be noted.

3) Hey, I agree my post was abrasive at the least, but I could have just not posted anything a flow of others might have clicked on the link. My post grabbed the readers attention and did its job of setting the point across. Thank you Brother for trying to show your internet cock and make your self feel good. Keep up the good work.

I'm sorry, my antivirals must be boned because I have had no problems creating, compressing or uploading the file, I apologise. No reason to be a **** about it.

25826_10150150615495702_760620701_118672

Here it is as a posted image if you want it absolutely 100% no chance of viruses then screenshot the bloody thing if not then don't I really don't have a problem either way.

The text at the bottom is the font and size I used.

Also about my name? Glass houses, Variyn.

I DL'ed your datapad when it was first posted. I have a very up to date anti-virus program and I have no virus problems on my end.

VERY nice datapad graphic. I'll use it often. Thank you very much.

Mithras said:

I DL'ed your datapad when it was first posted. I have a very up to date anti-virus program and I have no virus problems on my end.

VERY nice datapad graphic. I'll use it often. Thank you very much.

Same here, sounds like false positives on Variyn's side. No problems at all, and I have multiple firewalls and anti-viruses running on my PC.

And though I've seen other dataslates like that, more never harm happy.gif cheers Askil.

Askil said:

I'm sorry, my antivirals must be boned because I have had no problems creating, compressing or uploading the file, I apologise. No reason to be a **** about it.

Askil,

I've had no problem DLing the file.  My anti-virus runs active scans on both the websites I visit and my DLs as they come in and saw nothing in either case; and I ran some additional checks, just in case something happened.  It's quite a nice little piece of work.  Thank you for making it.

DM Variyn said:

Greetings Tool (Brother), My name is Beast.

3) Hey, I agree my post was abrasive at the least, but I could have just not posted anything a flow of others might have clicked on the link. My post grabbed the readers attention and did its job of setting the point across. Thank you Brother for trying to show your internet cock and make your self feel good. Keep up the good work.

Yes, your post did grab peoples' attention; which given the issue you had was a good thing.  I was sincere when I thanked you for the warning.  After reading it, I ran some additional scans on the file to make sure it was clean; which my copy seems to be.

I apologize if my own post seemed combative; it was more the product of a common frustration which occurs in my profession as an IT computer tech.  As to the emphasized point, I hardly need the internet to provide myself with a feeling of self worth.  Let us both attempt to be civil with each other from now on, yes?

-=Brother Praetus=-